| 61 |

Taehyung had deserted sleep and he had no regrets because the star-lit sky, the riverbank, and the company of Jimin seemed very pleasant.

Taehyung felt Jimin's gaze. He looked at Jimin and was about to say something but was taken aback. Innocent looking, elegant, slightly intimidating yet full of sophistication. He reminds me of a shining gem that should be treasured. He's angelic, Taehyung thought seeing Jimin smile.

"What?" Jimin asked.

Taehyung was out of a trance, "Oh- were you saying something?"

Jimin nodded, "There are two things I have to tell you"

"What?"

"Have I told you that your eyes have that unusual glow at times and you're so stunning? Secondly, thank you for being my friend, Vante"

Taehyung took a moment to process that. He was very happy but also guilty because Jimin didn't even know his real name.

"I'm sorry"

"What are saying sorry for?"

"I haven't been very honest with you. There are things you don't know about me."

Jimin smiled, "I'm aware... you're quite mysterious. And I did come up with a few theories but didn't feel like giving them much thought because all that matters is the kind of person you are. I don't need to know everything and anything you don't feel comfortable telling me"

"What do I say to that... thank you? And it's not always because I'm not comfortable or that I don't trust you, it's because I don't want to burden you. I see that you already have a lot to handle. Don't you?"

"To be honest, yes. But I'm always available for a friend though"

"It's already enough. All that you've done for me" Taehyung said, "This is reminding me of a time when I used to stare at the sky and wonder if I could ever be free as those stars or have a real friend. A small part of me wanted to remember that night and look back after a few years. But feels like it has only been months."

"I'm sorry, I had no idea. It must've been hard for you"

"Sometimes it was- so hard to hold on to not give up on life. Sometimes it was great. I don't even know why I used to be that way. Feels like a completely different person," he chuckled.

"Give up on life? You are always so cheerful, full of life except for the time when you miss a certain someone but... what even pushed a person like you towards those thoughts?" Jimin asked.

"The world being harsh could be one of the reasons, bearable though. But it was painful to be a burden on someone I cared for, to see someone I love suffer just because of me. It felt like there was only one solution to end all the problems. But this person used to say to me, 'Hold on. Right now, you might think that giving up is the only solution, but even so, you should hold on. Because as you do, there will be a moment when you'll realize that it was all for this moment.' He said that it was something his older sister used to tell him," Taehyung smiled, "And later I realized that it wasn't just a moment but so many moments. There always have been, I just wasn't being aware enough like I'm now."

"I don't know what to say. I'm just grateful to be hearing that from you," Earlier, Jimin was worried about Taehyung having those thoughts but now, he felt a sense of relief.

"And I'm wondering if this is also that moment for you? Because it is for me."

"It definitely is," Taehyung smiled.

"Great"

"I've been wanting to ask you if you're doing well because of the things you do... I don't know how it ends. Each task..."