| 11 |

I have loved the stars too fondly to be afraid of the night

—Sarah Williams

Seokjin felt the strong pull and before he could resist it, he was pushed into the portal that opened to The Bloody Nexus

He fell on the barren land and the portal closed up. The place was filled with the evil dark energy of the trapped spirits and remains of the dead people. It was a place where people were subjected to punitive suffering and eventually death.

Seokjin screamed as the dark energy started to engulf him. He felt the worst kind of pain throughout his body.

All of his good memories started to fade away and were replaced by the bad ones, playing in a loop. He was starting to forget who he was and was starting to believe that he was a part of the evil that surrounded him and deserved to suffer. His golden core was already filling up with the evil energy, on the verge of destruction.

In that situation, he was in no place to resist what was happening to him. And just when he felt he was about to die piece by piece he felt something inside his clothes.

He took it out without wasting any time. His vision was blurred with the dark energy waves and the strong pain he was experiencing but it felt like a ring so he wore it thinking that he had nothing to lose.

The moment he slipped it into his finger, he felt the missing parts of his memory come back, slowly. After some time, he also recalled that the ring must be the thing that slipped through Mrs. Min's hands. Yoongi had mentioned a ring that his grandfather possessed... a ring that was capable of storing a being's power. Did it have some of Mrs. Min's power of bringing back someone's memory? Was she trying to help him when she approached him the last time?

I hope this reminds you of who you are. He remembered those words. She was trying to help him that time.

Still coughing and trembling due to enervating pain, he sat down and tried to take a look at the ring. Beneath the passing dark energy waves, he saw two bright green flecks on the ring. He didn't know what they meant, he wasn't well acquainted with all of Mrs. Min's powers since she never had to use them, or maybe he never saw her using them.

The ring did help him a bit. Every time he forgot about the good in his life, every time the good in him was being replaced by the darkness, the ring brought all the memories back and reminded him of who he was.

It wasn't enough to make the pain and the damage go away but the good that he was reminded of gave him enough reason to try to survive even with the excruciating pain. He was reminded of how two people tried to save him by risking their lives and he could never let that go in vain.

As long as he remained bedeviled by villainy, and while there remained within him the hint of goodness and astuteness of mental faculty,  he fought remembering that there is still some good in the world that is worth fighting for.