| 4 |

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple."
-Oscar Wilde

Seokjin was back at the castle. He checked his sister's room but she wasn't there so he quickly went to his room and put the flower crown on the desk. Taking the cardboard box that had Namjoon's gift, he left the room to look for Namjoon.

While walking along the corridor he spotted Namjoon and So-Yoon. He was about to approach them but looking at Namjoon's expression, he preferred to wait behind a pillar.

"You're the same as Uncle, aren't you?" Namjoon looked at So-Yoon with disbelief.

"What are you talking about?

"You care about Seokjin more than your real brother. Admit it", Namjoon's voice cracked.

"No, Namjoon. You're precious to me, you know I would never lie about it," So-Yoon assured, "And what even makes you think so? Why are you suddenly-" she cupped Namjoon's face, making him look at her.

"Why? Why does he get so much adoration from you and Uncle, you aren't his family. He has no one. Then why does he get so much love when he-"

So-Yoon cut him off, "Namjoon, don't say such things. What if he hears that? Do you really think hurting others is good?"

"No, but-", Namjoon couldn't fight the feeling and looked at the ground.

"It's okay. Just listen to me right now. Only you have control over how you chose to be and being good to others is never a bad thing," she tried to convince Namjoon.

Namjoon couldn't tame the feeling enough to contemplate his sister's words. He looked down and nodded regardless.

So-Yoon smiled and patted his head before leaving. Later, he went to sit on the flat heightened surface at the edge of the corridor.

Hearing the conversation, Seokjin had sensed the hatred of Namjoon towards him as Namjoon spoke about him. He didn't know the reason for it but still wanted to make things better between them. So he wiped his tears and walked to Namjoon.

"I have something for you," he said, tapping on Namjoon's shoulder.

Namjoon looked back, frowning in confusion until Seokjin handed him a box.

He opened that box and found a small, beautiful crab. He was about to smile. And when Namjoon looked at him, Seokjin was so sure that Namjoon was about to say something but he didn't, he looked down without saying anything. Seokjin managed to force a smile and left.

Namjoon looked at the crab once again and was already smiling. He liked crabs a lot and wanted to thank Seokjin; he tried but couldn't.

Taking the box, he went to the other side of the castle where he could make a crab house.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

So-Yoon was standing in front of a mirror, with her eyes closed. She felt Seokjin put something on her head.

"You can look in the mirror now," Seokjin said.

So-Yoon saw the flower crown, "This is beautiful. You made it?" she looked at him.

"No. Y- Someone I trust"

So-Yoon chuckled, "Someone you trust? You're friendly at times but there are not a lot of people you really talk to. So, I think I already have an idea"

"You know, right. What do I do? He would probably keep looking at someone's gifts for days and just imagine giving those gifts to them but wouldn't really give it. Just like he wants to admit that he is happy or cares but won't really say it", Seokjin sighed and sat on the edge of the bed.