| 22 |

[Filler chapter]_____________

[Filler chapter]
_____________

When Taehyung was almost eighteen, in the second year of college, things got bad. His eyes had changed. They still had the same royal blue color, but they started to glitter at unpredictable times. Everyone avoided him even more because of it. They thought that he had some kind of power, that he was dangerous and weird. They said mean things to him and at times even tried to beat him up for no reason.

He had also started to have weird dreams of places he had never seen before, sometimes they terrified him and sometimes, they made him feel peaceful. They did change his sleep and affected his life to a certain extent. But after some time, he almost got used to it.

Seokjin had tried to take most of his bad memories but some of them were not possible to just take away as they would raise suspicion and most importantly, Taehyung wouldn't be safe if he wasn't aware of the bad people, if he wasn't aware of what was happening. It was just the really worse memories that were replaced with a normal day.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

It was three in the afternoon and Taehyung was sitting by the lake, just a few minutes away from college.

His second year of college had started just a few days ago. The courses he had taken were the same but teachers for almost all of those courses had changed. Most of the courses he had taken were different from each other and the schedule changed every day.

His next class was Literature but it was after an hour and a half. So right now, he was just sitting by the lake with his sketchbook. He also wanted to get his mind off things because the new year of college wasn't that good, it was just like he had expected. Some of the teachers were mean and the students were mean to him as always.

The next class was going to be his first Literature class of second-year so he wished for it to go well.

Yet he tried to now worry much and focused on the view in front of him. It didn't take much time for him to get immersed in drawing the beautiful scenery.

It felt so good to draw that he ended up making different sketches of the scenery, adding a few imaginary elements. One of his sketches even included Seokjin fishing.

He was smiling, looking at a certain sketch but that smile disappeared as soon as he remembered something. Looking at the time, he realized he was late for the Literature class. He hurriedly put all his stuff inside his bag and rushed for the class.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

It had been ten minutes since the literature class had started and the teacher had introduced about herself and the course. All students in the class were intently listening to the teacher as she gave the strict-professor vibes.

"Your grades will not just depend on your exams but also on your behavior and performance in the class. If you have poor interaction in the class, your grades will be affected as well. Hence, be careful. I'll be observing each and every one of you," she warned the students, "Everything that happens inside this class, you can consider it as a part of your assignment."

Then she gave a faint smile, "Okay, Ice-breaker time. You're going to introduce yourselves. But, you've to say an adjective starting with the first letter of your name followed by your name and then an action that goes with that adjective. Okay?"

The students nodded. "Ok. Quick! Who's first?"

No one was quick to answer as everyone was expecting some other student to stand up.

Just then, Taehyung entered the class, breathless from the running. "Tardy Taehyung," he quickly said, raising his hand as he stood by the door.

"Good one," the teacher said, faking a smile then glared at him.

"Sorry I'm late," Taehyung apologized.

"And do you have any valid reason?"

"I had two hours between this class and the previous class. It was a lot of time to stay inside the college and not long enough to go home. So I just went by the lake and lost track of time. And you know, the zig-zag path, stumbling across and also stumbling over the students practicing soccer-kind of sport on the college ground, I finally reached this class of not so grid-structu-," Taehyung stopped speaking as he realized he had spoken too much because of the nervousness.

The teacher was looking at him in disbelief, "So you're late because you had too much time to get here."

"Yes, exactly," Taehyung said and some students giggled at him.

"Nice," the teacher mocked, clearly displeased at Taehyung but asked him to get inside the class.

Taehyung saw two of his new friends that he had made a few days ago. But when he smiled at them they ignored him as if they didn't even know him. He felt bad and went to sit at an empty bench in a corner.

The teacher resumed, "Obtaining an A in this class is not easy at all. Also a B and a C but maybe an easy D or an F if you do things like this sweaty kid here who's late in the class. Remember, your first impression is the last impression for me, it's almost impossible to change my opinion of you after that."

Taehyung knew it was directed towards him, making him realize how he had messed up on the first day of his Literature class and there was no way he could fix it.
____________