| 60 |

"The moment you let anyone empower you, you get weak. If you want to survive, strike first, strike back. Don't let anyone control you; you control them"

Dong Won blindly followed his father's words regardless of their morality. His wife and his son were the only exceptions. But not this time.

All Dong Won had felt was guilt when he left home. He wondered how it got so bad that he acted rashly with his wife and son. By now he had admitted to himself that the people that he let himself be controlled by were the ones teaching him about control -Namjoon and his father.

When he found Seokjin on his way, he felt more guilt and the first thing he thought about was an apology.

Will an apology change anything? Even if it did, can I change and stop everything for the better, forever?

He was unsure and he didn't have the courage to apologize.

When Seokjin just walked past him without saying anything or showing displeasure as he had expected, he got anxious since getting hit or blamed by Seokjin seemed like his only relief at that time. He almost felt desperate for it to happen. He tried his best to annoy Seokjin and expected Seokjin to hit him but Seokjin didn't respond. It was only until Taehyung acted, that he felt that something was going to work but nothing did. Instead, Dong Won was left with more guilt as Seokjin stopped Taehyung and saved his life.

While he was on his way back, already drowning in guilt, he saw Jimin. Jimin and a person who regardless of not having a core, seemed very powerful though Dong Won had no idea what it was about him that emanated such a unique aura.

Will it be relieving to be beaten by them?

It surprised Dong Won when Jimin pulled him behind and the person let himself be controlled. The control he had been seeing that day was intended to protect, not hurt. Whereas all this time, everything that Namjoon told him about control only intensified his father's message till it meant only harming others.

He had tried to hurt people and control them thinking it would make him stronger and make him feel better. But it never did, it had only made him weaker and feel guilty. Though he had realized and accepted it too late and had already done the deeds which couldn't be undone, he knew he couldn't go on living like this any longer.

Taking his life seemed like an easy way to escape from the guilt and from Namjoon. He thought about doing it until he remembered his wife and son. His wife had always tried to change him, she always believed that he could be a better man and stop this. Taking his life right now would shatter her hopes and he would commit another wrong.

The only thing that seemed reasonable at that moment was to go home, apologize to his wife and son and leave Bosong to make sure he was safe and also that he is in no way forced to go back to how he was.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

The King had called Hoseok to the throne room.

Hoseok could sense that he looked somewhat troubled.

"Have you seen Jimin today?" The King asked.

"I came back in the evening. But I haven't seen him since then"

"I have been looking for him. He knew that there were important things to do today," The King sighed, "Anyway, it's not a concern. I handled it."

Why does he sound so normal today?

"I'm sorry, I wasn't available today. I was onto something so-" Hoseok realized that The King seemed to be lost in his thoughts. "Is everything alright, Your Majesty?"