| 28 |

I can't understand what people are sayin'Who and what do I need to followWith each step then again grows the shadowWhere is this place I open my eyes toMaybe Seoul or New York or ParisI get up, unsteady on my feet

Who and what do I need to follow
With each step then again grows the shadow
Where is this place I open my eyes to
Maybe Seoul or New York or Paris
I get up, unsteady on my feet

~ BTS - ON

__________

Note: The events in this chapter continue just after the end of Chapter 1. If you don't remember anything, you may need to go back and look at the first chapter.

___________

Present time

Taehyung was distracted from his thoughts as he felt the door open and new customers arrive. Getting conscious, he shifted his concentration on his job.

The customers approached the cash register, took their stuff, and left. Taehyung sincerely did his work and was grateful that the customers didn't bother him much.

There was something about that day, he felt emotionally weaker than the other days.

When he was alone and it was time to close the store, he felt the tears well up in his eyes again. He didn't know why he was living in a world where people are just pretentious and didn't take a second to hate or detest him. Were there any good people left? Would he be treated like this his whole life? Would anyone ever really be close to him or care for him?

A moment later, he wiped his tears thinking that it was still okay. It was okay to be alone than trusting anyone. People weren't reliable anyway. He smiled and flipped the lonely cardboard sign so that the side facing the glass now read 'Closed'. Then he walked out of the store.

While he was walking, he criticized the feeling of wanting to see someone walking beside him or holding his hand. He didn't want to acknowledge it because it seemed crazy and almost impossible in the first place.

He shook his head at those thoughts and resumed walking through the alleyway.

The snow had stopped falling and cold air had settled into the region. He still felt cold and was about to wrap his arms around himself when he heard someone's voice.

"Hey, weirdo!"

Realizing that it was Sung Ho's voice, Taehyung didn't respond and kept walking.

"Do you think you could just ignore me like that?" Sung Ho said.

Taehyung ignored that as well and kept walking but Sung Ho grabbed his hand, turning him to face him and his two other friends.

"Boss said you were sick. Why are you roaming on the streets?" Taehyung asked.