| 13 |

There seemed to be two worlds. The one before you and after you

—David Jones

Seokjin was in the mortal world and the portal closed. Everything felt light and he felt as if he could really breathe after a long time, being freed from The Bloody Nexus.

He was on a sidewalk and even though the way was straight, the unfamiliarity of that world and the fast pace of the people made him feel disoriented for a moment.

While The Bloody Nexus once seemed like an eternity, things here seemed like a fleeting nictation contrasted with the stupendous immensity of time itself.

So for some time, he was just standing there, in the middle, at the same spot on the sidewalk, taking it in. Even though the beings looked the same, a lot of things about this world were vastly different from Euphoria.

While his mind was gorged with the newness and his eyes were as lost as the sky amidst the concrete, he almost failed to notice that as people passed, he only sensed the wind formed by their clothes' movement. People walked through him and he didn't feel anything. He waved but no one seemed to notice.

Looking at the shop's glassdoor beside him, he saw his reflection... he could see it, and also realized that his eyes glowed scarlet. It was an after-effect of spending time in The Bloody Nexus. He was still suffering from the pain but the thing that bothered him more was that he couldn't feel people, and people couldn't see or feel him. How was he supposed to look after Mrs. Min's son like that? He had no idea.

A few feet ahead, he saw a building and it was probably the one since it was closest to the location he opened the portal at.

He walked inside, not knowing the apartment in which Mrs. Min had kept her son. So he checked every apartment that had a baby. He found two but learned that the baby's name wasn't Kim Taehyung. Checking the last one that was left, he found a single man and a baby who the man referred to as Taehyung.

Seokjin couldn't risk going near the baby yet, at least not till the after-effect of The Bloody Nexus faded away and till his eyes were back to normal. If the baby could really see and feel him, the dark energy surrounding him may terrify or even harm the baby.

As he was about to leave the house, his eyes caught some papers at the desk near the door. He picked them up not having any idea what it was. They had Electricity Bill written on top of it, which he ignored and looked for the name. It was Kim Jung Woo. It must be the name of the man, Seokjin thought. He kept the papers down and left the apartment.

Walking out of that building, he was back on the road, once again. There were a lot of things he still had to know and to learn. One thing he realized was he could touch things but not people. Now he needed to know how it affected people.