| 53 |

Seokjin was still sitting at the riverbank, regretting, wondering if he should've followed Taehyung, stopped him

"It will be ok. It's for the good," he told himself.

Then there was a sword just a few inches away from his neck.

"Seokjin"

It was Taehyung.

Seokjin looked back and stood up. Meanwhile, Taehyung didn't move the sword away but only brought it closer to Seokjin's neck.

He didn't see a hint of fear but only confusion in Seokjin's eyes as he looked at him.

"One wrong move and the sword can hurt you. In fact, I'm going to hurt you. Aren't you scared?"

"I'm not. I trust you, I know you can never let something like that happen to me"

Taehyung tried to ignore those words, "We will see about that in a moment. First I want you to answer something," he looked mad and it worried Seokjin because he had never seen Taehyung like that.

"Are you ok?" Seokjin asked but the sword moved closer.

"Did you really mean it when you asked me to leave? Do you want me to leave even now?"

"Yes, but I don't know, I-"

The next moment, there were tears in Taehyung's eyes, he looked distressed. The sword was no longer near Seokjin's neck because Taehyung had already called a fight. Seokjin had to use his sword as well.

Then he was trying to defend himself from Taehyung's attacks and it wasn't easy. Taehyung was angry and dangerous with the sword.

"What happened?" Seokjin asked.

Taehyung didn't answer, it seemed like everything Seokjin said annoyed him even more.

"What about the things you promised? How could you do that to me?"

Hearing those words, Seokjin eventually realized what must've happened, "Taehyung..." he said while trying to dodge Taehyung's attacks.

Taehyung felt so heartbroken thinking that Seokjin did that to him like it meant nothing.

"You promised me you would never run away. You promised me that you will never take away my memories of you. Even when you knew how it would affect me..."

"I remember. I never wanted to do it," Seokjin tried to say but there was another harsh strike at him.

"But you still did it. Even now, you were lying to me. Do you know how it felt?"

"I'm sorry," Seokjin couldn't hold the tears. Earlier, he had thought that he was ready to face Taehyung blaming him but seeing Taehyung like that was heartbreaking and weakening.

"I was doubting the people around me, being careful around them not knowing that the one I trust the most, the only one that could hurt me was keeping secrets," his frustration was evident in the strikes that only got harsher, "Isn't that the same as playing tricks? And you really did that to me. How do I not hate you for that?!"