| 23 |

Aren't you somethin' to admire?
'Cause your shine is somethin' like a mirror
And I can't help but notice
You reflect in this heart of mine
~ Mirrors by Justin Timberlake

Aren't you somethin' to admire?'Cause your shine is somethin' like a mirrorAnd I can't help but noticeYou reflect in this heart of mine~ Mirrors by Justin Timberlake

Taehyung was on his way home and he didn't see Seokjin walking beside him. But that wasn't the only thing that made him gloomy. The day didn't go well and then a group of students had said harsh words to him and he couldn't even defend himself. How could he tell them that he was not different when his eyes were the proof. He had stopped defending himself a long time ago realizing that it was pointless and only caused more trouble.

After a few minutes, he was outside the door. He placed his hand on the doorknob with a sigh, knowing that Seokjin wouldn't be there. Seokjin had been distant to him for a few months and he didn't know the reason why. But their bond never changed; it was just that they were happier when in each other's company.

When he opened the door, he was stunned and his eyes welled up with tears seeing Seokjin standing in front of him, smiling, he had decorated the place. It was Taehyung's birthday and he had almost forgotten about it. How can he remember when no one celebrated it except Seokjin.

Jung Woo didn't know about it, only Seokjin had an idea and he had been celebrating it since Taehyung was small. Though Taehyung had no idea how Seokjin knew, he just believed him. There were many things that Taehyung didn't know about Seokjin but he trusted him enough to not let that affect them.

Seokjin extended his hand, "Happy Birthday Taehyung!"

Taehyung kept his bag down and instantly hugged Seokjin. Seokjin patted his head. Then he almost dragged him to show the cake. He was excited too.

Then, Seokjin was looking at Taehyung, waiting for him to say something.

Taehyung was rendered speechless, unable to stop the tears as he looked at the person who meant everything to him.

What would life be without him? What if he too leaves one day? He is not guaranteed to stay here forever. How would I handle this life that would be so colorless and wistful without him?

At that point, he lost all control over his emotions and broke down crying, all of a sudden.

Seokjin had never seen Taehyung react like that to the surprises before, he would be teary-eyed but would still have a wide smile on his face. But this time he looked rather sad. It broke Seokjin's heart.

He made Taehyung stand up and look at him, "What happened?"

Taehyung's shaky hands clutched onto Seokjin's, moving them away from his face, "I don't want any cake... I don't want any of the decorations or birthday celebrations," he sobbed in between those words then hugged Seokjin, "I just want you. Please stay in my life like this always. Life would be miserable without you. I-"