| 35 |

When Dong Woon arrived and Namjoon told him about his task, he bowed and accepted it, not that he could refuse it

[Skip... SKIP-]
Dong Woon loved controlling others. Having control was like his lifeboat but it capsized when he fell for someone who loved to always control him, fly off the handle till he went off the deep end. But could he really hurt the wife that he loved? Even with all that weight, he just floated his way through it all, barely holding it in till he could take it out on someone else. So harming the golden cores of other people was like a relief and a favor as he thought he might be harming one person but saving two –his wife and himself. Since he wasn't quite familiar with Math and didn't know how to add, the ratio between the lives harmed to the lives saved always remained 1:2. And Namjoon, who always came with an infinite dividend(lives harmed), introduced a new variable to him: a quotient. Namjoon justified his actions by explaining how the ratio of his dividend and the quotient would always be the only existent natural whole –one, because infinity divided by a number would always be infinity, so he shouldn't even bother counting it. Do Woon had faith in Namjoon's Math knowledge that made his own decision feel more rational than he had thought.

Dong Woon left the throne room with a smile. He didn't have any regrets about accepting the task. Using his power, manipulating others' golden core made him feel good and in control.

Meanwhile, the grin rarely left Namjoon's face thinking about what was going to happen. He was burning with fierce excitement thinking how he will finally be invulnerable, find Seokjin, overpower him and finally kill him.

He had believed that Seokjin's suffering would make him feel at peace but he was wrong. He didn't even know if Seokjin was alive, he didn't want to find out, not until he was powerful enough to kill him easily. All this time, he liked to assume Seokjin was dead and didn't allow anyone to even mention his name. But now, he realized that all he wanted was to kill Seokjin with his own hands.

In the next few minutes, Dong Woon arrived at the dungeon along with Jimin and Yoongi. Inside the dungeon, they found Taehyung asleep, just like Namjoon had expected.

Jimin and Yoongi looked at Dong Woon, signaling him to do his task. Jimin was still anxious wondering if he had done the wrong thing if there was any other way to save Vante from the harm whereas Yoongi just stood there like the obedient guard that he was.

Dong Woon nodded at them and walked towards Taehyung. Jimin and Yoongi waited outside.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

It had been a few minutes and Namjoon was impatiently waiting as he paced back and forth along the corridors.

It didn't take long for them to be back and Namjoon's smile was instantly replaced by a frown when he saw the three of them approach him, empty-handed.

"What happened?" they heard The King yell but just stood there with their heads facing the floor.

"Where is it?" The King shouted.