| 38 |

I've had so many knives stuck into me, when they hand me a flower I can't quite make out what it is. It takes time.

–Charles Bukowski

Six days had passed since Taehyung learned to control his aura

Six days had passed since Taehyung learned to control his aura. His exhaustion had faded completely, he learned some new things about Euphoria and it felt surprising to him how fast he was getting used to that world.

But even though it had been a week since he was treated well, Taehyung still couldn't let go of the suspicions completely. It felt as if he still had to be cautious because people only treated him well when they wanted something from him. But then he also thought that maybe there are some good people, not all people are the same and it would be bad if he doesn't even want to accept the good that is in front of him.

Yet, there had been times when he wanted to escape, try to risk getting out and live on his own, leaving behind his new and only friends. But something didn't let him, it felt like a job undone and he felt, doing it would make him a coward.

Because he thought if those people were really lying then they must have something to do with him, there were things he didn't know. For now, the only way to find out more was –to be with them and act naive, which was easy for him. He knew that if he kept up with that, someone would eventually slip out.

But if in the end, he finds out that these people were innocent and honest, he thought that he would still have the chance to apologize to them and return the favor in some way.

So right now, he was focused on getting close to the people, to not really judge them but be attentive to their actions.

At times, he felt guilty because it used to seem like he was the one using them while they really treated him as a friend and made him happy.

He was also aware of the fact that if it wasn't for Hoseok, he would still be so lost. Since the past few days, Hoseok had really been a good friend to him, trying to make him feel comfortable living there. His heart didn't let him judge Hoseok because Hoseok seemed like a good person from the start.

Taehyung had even started talking to some people around the castle, he was free to. At times, he tried to talk to Yoongi, at whom Hoseok looked like he was more than a friend to him. But Yoongi didn't respond much to Taehyung, in fact, he didn't even respond much to Hoseok, who seemed like his only friend.

Taehyung wished he could talk to Jimin sometime because Jimin too felt like a good person but Jimin was busy most of the time. Just two days ago, when Hoseok and Taehyung went to see Jimin after hearing that he was free and alone, they found him looking through a huge pile of papers that seemed like a journal of his decisions. So they had to leave.

The King was really good to Taehyung which surprised him. At times, he was awkward like Hoseok said, but he was never rude like before.

Everything made Taehyung so happy that he was scared he'd feel lost and hurt once he had to leave that place.