| 10 |

If you want that good feeling that comes from doing things for the other folks then you have to pay for it in abuse and misunderstanding.

—Zora Neale Hurston

Seokjin looked up and saw a sword pierced into her heart. It was one of the puppets.

Before he could stop it from doing any further damage, it puppet got weak and dropped backward, pulling out the sword in the process.

Blood spurted out of the wound and So-Yoon fell to the ground.

He didn't waste a second to go next to her but it was still too late, "It's not your f-" she spoke before he felt her take her last, jagged breath.

It left him dazed, "No, this can't be hap-" he saw the puppet fall to the ground, beside So-Yoon. It was weak, unlike his other puppets.

It cannot be that weak. I never controlled it to kill our people, it cannot attack my people unless...

Seokjin looked up and his eyes caught the man behind the tree smirking at him. He must've tried to control the puppet but wasn't able to give it a specific target and was controlled weakly. The careless attempt from the other side had caused So-Yoon's death. Seokjin wanted to kill that man but at the same time, he couldn't leave his sister's side. As soon as the man saw Seokjin glaring at him, his smirk faded was replaced with fear and he ran away.

Seokjin once again looked at his sister, helplessly, "No, you can't die! I should've been the one! Why did you have to save me! Why!" he cried out.

As soon as Namjoon arrived, he grabbed Seokjin and pushed him onto the ground, "Stay away!" He tried to check if his sister was alive but couldn't feel anything. He was shocked, his eyes welled up with tears realizing his sister was dead.

"Why do you have to take everyone away from me? What did my sister ever do to you!", he cried, still holding her. He felt like killing Seokjin right there.

Seokjin was unable to recover from everything that had happened too fast, "It wasn't me-", his voice quavered.

"What've you done!", The King who was now there too, shouted after seeing So-Yoon's condition. He was filled with rage.

"Bring him to the hall!" The King ordered his men.

"I-," Seokjin tried to speak but The King slapped him.

Soon, he was collared by The King's men and dragged to an open hall where major decisions took place. Everyone gave him a look of disapproval and shame. His heart was already shattered seeing his sister die and he wasn't in a mental state to defend himself, to resist what was happening. His vision was blurry with tears but he thought he saw a teary-eyed Yoongi looking at him with an empty look.

A moment later, The King's men held Seokjin in the middle of the open hall.

"I told you not to do this! You're evil. You ended up killing the last person I had," Namjoon shouted.

"Why would I kill her Namjoon? I didn't," Seokjin's voice cracked and caught in his throat, "It wasn't me".

Just after that, Namjoon let out his aura and Seokjin had no way to defend himself and he didn't even want to. Everything was shocking and the last thing he wanted to do was fight.

Namjoon couldn't hold his anger, he grabbed Seokjin by the collar, "You're unbelievable! How dare you lie when everyone saw it in front of their eyes!" he tried to punch Seokjin in the stomach multiple times. Seokjin stifled the yelp but he was hurt, both physically and emotionally.