| 6 |

Am I lost or just found?
On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?
Is this a soul that stirs in me,
Is it breaking free,
wanting to come alive?
Because my comfort would prefer for me to be numb
An avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become

~C.S. Lewis Song, Brooke Fraser

Six Years Later

After six years, a lot had changed, Seokjin had changed a lot. His stubbornness and his relationship with Namjoon didn't change much though. Sometimes they acted as friends but most of the time Namjoon ignored him. But Seokjin couldn't blame him, not when he was aware of the truth. Anyone in Namjoon's place would doubt a person like him, so Namjoon just talking with him was more than he could ask for. Since The King told him the truth and they came to know about his powers, So-Yoon had become even more protective of Seokjin, concerned that he would blame himself and that people might hate him for his powers.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

Seokjin and Yoongi were just sitting in the forestland after their lessons had finished.

There was a silence until Seokjin recalled how The Master had praised Yoongi's archery and sword skills during the practice.

"Didn't I tell you that you would be better than the ones with powers," he patted Yoongi's shoulder.

Yoongi looked at Seokjin. "Look who's talking! Are you the one without a golden core?" he said knowing that Seokjin was one of the best among the students. And every time The Master held a competition Seokjin won most of them. Like the last time in archery when all the competitors had hit most of the targets accurately and Seokjin was the last one to attempt, he had shot all the targets blindfolded, surprising everyone.

"Didn't consider me," Seokjin said, trying to look confident.

"Look, it didn't take a second to make it about you," Yoongi joked.

"But really, I meant what I said about you. At times, powers are useless. It doesn't take powers to be good at these skills. If one has an intellect and sharpness like you, he could do great in those skills without a golden core," Seokjin said.

Yoongi's expression changed to a serious one, "Talking about powers, how are things with you?"

"I'm managing them," Seokjin replied.

"Managing? I see how well you are managing them, Seokjin. You already have a reserved nature but now, you almost look like an emotionless person. You've put up too many walls. Too much for your own good. You avoid anyone who tries to get to know you. At times, you avoid me too. This is not good," Yoongi said with concern.

He knew Yoongi was right.

Even though he was eighteen, he was still not properly familiar with his powers and how they worked. But he was sure that he could feel any form of distress more than others could and also that his eyes glowed to a different color when he felt that. Hence every time he was uneasy or distressed, he practiced suppressing it and not showing others how much it affected him. He had learned to control his emotions to a certain extent so as to not let others notice them. People had never seen his eyes glowing to a scarlet color since then.

"I admit. But it's only for the good. So you'll have to tolerate me being like this from now on. Sorry if I avoided you. I'll try not to do that if I can. Okay?"

Yoongi sighed, "Seokjin-"

He was interrupted, "And what about you Yoongi? When are you going to admit your feelings to my sister?"