| 48 |

Like Yonhae had predicted in the letter, the beasts were out on the loose on the fifth day and people were called to stop them.

The beasts were more powerful than the last time. The profile that Yonhae had on the beasts proved to be useful. It roughly estimated the capability of most of the beasts and different groups were sent to tackle different beasts according to their experience with an intention to avoid more people from getting injured.

Fortunately, Jimin and Jungkook were on the same team. Among the team of six, both of them stood out and the team was succeeding in defeating the beasts that they had to tackle.

Though their tasks were difficult, they found it fun and easier to work together. Being together at times like these also made Jimin learn more about Jungkook. Both of them understood each other well as if they were meant to work together in a team.

They had some minor injuries like small cuts but while fighting the last beast that their team was assigned, Jimin had hurt his knee and Jungkook had hurt his wrist.

At first, the task seemed almost impossible but the volunteers put in all the effort and after a few hours of hard work, the majority of the beasts were defeated. And most of the teams started leaving the place.

Even the four other members from Jungkook and Jimin's team had left, leaving only the two of them.

"What will you do now? Are you leaving?" Jimin asked.

"No. Are you?"

"No. I'll have to find Yoongi. He isn't back yet," Jimin replied.

"Ok. I'll have to find Seokjin. Their teams might be close to each other. We can look for them, together," Jungkook suggested.

"That's a good idea," Jimin agreed and they stood up, ready to look for Yoongi and Seokjin.

"Wait," Jungkook stopped, "You hurt your knee?"

"No. I'm ok"

"I don't believe you"

Jimin sighed and lifted his pant to reveal his knee, "Does this look serious to you?"

"It's hurt"

"It's just a bruise"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. You just saw it. It's not serious. We don't have time for this"

"True. We don't have time and you may lag behind because of the injury. How about I carry you?" Jungkook was smiling at the idea.

Jimin walked past Jungkook, "No. I can walk, easily"

"Ok," Jungkook frowned.

He stopped again, "Wait"

Jimin looked back and Jungkook was looking at him with those doe-eyes and put his hand forward, "Hold my hand then"

"Why?"

"I hurt my wrist"

Jimin looked at Jungkook's hand. He was aware that Jungkook hurt his wrist and it did worry him but there was nothing he could do at that moment.

"Stop acting silly and just focus on the task. Come on," Jimin said with a serious look but ended up holding Jungkook's other hand, taking Jungkook along with him.

Jungkook smiled.

On the way, they found some water and stopped to drink.

They heard the people nearby speak.

"That horrifying beast... It is different than all others and is going towards the east"

"Why is it still out there?"