| 25 |

I guess we were collateral damage
Kissing in the crossfire
~

My Limb by Hayley Williams

A few months passed. Taehyung was nineteen. He was used to the new city by now. He had decided to give his studies a break for about a year till he settles down and saves up some money. Seokjin helped him with some online jobs and Taehyung had found a job at a convenience store.

Every time he went out, he used the shades, so the people didn't bother him much like before. But here too, he really didn't have any true friends, people rarely talked to him because they thought he was strange. Some of them still said mean words to him yet things were much better than before.

Since Taehyung knew that Seokjin could take away his memories, heal him, he asked Seokjin to promise him to never do it again. Seokjin was a bit relieved that he did not have to break the promise yet because things never got really bad since Taehyung moved to the new place.

Taehyung didn't tell Seokjin but he had accepted his feelings for Seokjin, meanwhile, Seokjin was still trying to be oblivious of them. He thought it was meaningless and not good and even though he could be the one who looks after Taehyung, he shouldn't be the person Taehyung chooses to live his life with.

Everyone who was close to him suffered from something miserable so he believed Taehyung getting that attached to him wasn't safe at all. Even he couldn't find himself safe, he had just been battling his harmful self with the ring, his powers, and Taehyung.

If he hadn't met Taehyung then he might have given up a few years ago.

And surprisingly, Seokjin had been feeling a bit better for the past few weeks. Not because he didn't have to take Taehyung's suffering but because it seemed like the evil energies had faded a little, he could feel it. It was almost as if he was healing a bit.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

It was afternoon when Taehyung had put on a movie and Seokjin was sitting beside him. The movie had just started and Taehyung already dozed off.

It wasn't the first time; it had happened a few times since the past few weeks and Seokjin was concerned. He checked if Taehyung had a fever but found out that he didn't.

Seokjin couldn't find out the reason why Taehyung seemed a bit dull and tired than before, if only Taehyung could let him in, Seokjin would know and even take it away. It was hard for him to see Taehyung that way.

Two hours later, Seokjin realized that it would soon be the time for Taehyung to go to the convenience store. But Taehyung was sleeping so peacefully on the couch that he didn't want to wake him up.

He walked around for a bit then kneeled down beside the couch, waiting for Taehyung to wake up on his own. But that didn't work.

Seokjin moved the strands of hair away from Taehyung's forehead and Taehyung woke up. He looked at Seokjin and smiled but Seokjin had a solemn look on his face.