SORROW

The days passed painfully slow for Yamika. She hoped each moment to hear the news of his return only to get disappointed at the end of the day. It became a routine for her to cry to sleep and have nightmares of agonizing events of him rejecting her at their marriage.

It was a whole new phase for her to live alone in Anga, everything felt different from Dwarka. Exactly same as caging a doe to four walls. She followed his order thoroughly by not stepping out of the chamber.

But what should be concerned is the way she neglected sleep and food is, the only thing she never failed to do was her regular Shiva Pooja. And at the end she fell ill both physically and mentally.

Only one resolve she had was Malini's company, the chief maid became a bit less formal taking a liking towards the young humble queen. She got to know the situation they married and truly felt agitated on knowing how her King misunderstood this young innocent girl. She wholeheartedly accepted her as a little sister, even though she never showed it out knowing her limits as a assistant.

For Yamika, Malini reminded her of Subhadra and Revati. All day she whined about Karna to her. Apart from the few time she shared with Malini, all other time Yamika were alone preferring to cry alone at her fate.

Malini were worried about the Queen's careless behaviour on her own health. Though she loves that girl how could a maid like her to force the Queen to have her meals.

Each day acted as an Yuga to the young girl.

.

.

Whereas Karna were thankful as the motive of staying away became successful, with his mitr he could relax and stay mind refreshed. He won over the pain that felt somewhere at the corner of his heart. With a friend like Suyodhan and his Bow in hand he could live a thousand years worry less.

.

.

Three weeks have passed already, Finally Karna thought to return to his own Kingdom whereas the condition of girl back in Anga were horrible.

************************************

Indulging in the thoughts of her husband Yamika doesn't noticed the chief maid who barged in her chamber panting hard. She were just laying in the bed leisurely looking up at the ceiling.

Malini breathed out making her snap out from the trance, " Queen Yaamiii....Yaamiii......"

The said girl says disappointed, " Jiji....just call Yaamiii......How many times you want me to say the same!! "

Malini ignored that and said in a hurry, " Oh Yaamiiii.... King is here!! "

Yamika's breath hitched at the news and tears have already started to pool in those ocean eyes as she smiled brightly. He came back!!

Yamika were already on her feet to rush to the entrance and go to him, but all the joy died down remembering something and Malini affectionately cupped her one cheek knowing what stopping that girl from going out.

Yamika mumbled under her breath, " He....he won't appreciate my presence!! I...i should stay here only!! "

Malini led Yamika's trembling form to the bed and the girl demanded, " Jiji.... He must be tired of the journey!! makes sure he eats and resting well! "

Malini said by chuckling, " Don't worry about King Yaamii!! He is just like you who don't let others do anything for him!! "

Yamika said still concerned,  " Jiji....Please makes sure he is fine!! Please do that for me!! "