APOLOGY

King of Anga were in a haste at the next morning. As soon as completing the morning prayers, he rushed to get ready for the day and went straight to his wife's chamber......

And once again he stopped in his track by the sight that welcomed when he entered her chamber. She there stood infront of the huge wall mirror struggling with a neckpiece and water dripping down from the wet hair which clearly indicates she just showered only. Half of those luscious hair were swarmed infront giving a perfect view of her back to him.

His gaze intensed finding her yet again without uttariya. All she had on was a simple plane brown skirt and black blouse. His lips twitched slightly when she started to roughly pull her hair which got entangled with that ornament.

He amused at the brown and black shady uttariya that dumped on her bed, " Why this girl likes to always roam without that piece of cloth!! "

Sighing he chose to retreat concluding this time also happened to be inappropriate to approach her. But he got stopped by the girl, " Jiji.....is that you?? Come help me with this...... "

He gulped knowing she just misunderstood him as Malini, but the invitation was too tempting to ignore. Thus he carried himself towards her.

Reaching near he leaned a bit closer to her and so softly brushed aside the rest of the hair from her back. His fingers worked quickly with untangling the jewel from those curly locks.

Yamika shivered at the hot breath near her nape and immediately looked upto the mirror to find her husband staying behind her touching so softly even after hooking the jewel around her neck. In an impulse she turned around and stood looking upto his face with tensed eyes.

Her hands instinctively went across her chest feeling the lack of uttariya and squirmed in her position knowing her entire waist is bare for him to see. This sudden act of hers made him roll his eyes and gently looked away with a smirk. Afterwards grabbing the cloth from the bed he passed it to her by not looking at her direction.

Her shivering hands took it from his grasp and hurriedly placed on her shoulders. Seeing him still looking the other way she cleared her throat, " Aaryaa...You here?? "

Karna remain silent for sometime fixing his gaze upon her and ran his eyes from top to bottom. He asks in a voice that held no emotion, " Princess..... May I know the reason why you dismissed the other maids and living like a commoner here in Anga?? "

Before she could answer he himself says sarcastically, " Oh...have you thought you have to leave behind the luxury, cause you ended up marrying this Suta?? "

Yamika felt a stab of pain on her heart hearing him. He ignored the pained expression on her face, in reality he already know unlike other princesses his wife is someone simple and humble. Maybe that's one of the fact that always pulled his attention to her. But still he likes to taunt her, because at the end she is nothing but a proud and arrogant girl from Yadhuvansh.

After moments of silence Yamika said in a calm voice, " Aarya....You don't have to address me as princess, am your wife now!!

Just because am a born princess you can't assume I don't know how to lead a simple life!! If you forgot, am too a lowborn....an Yadhuvanshi who are all known as shepherds....

The respect we got today from the society is earned by my brothers!! Hope one day you too can earn it for your clan!! "

Karna's eyes widened....is she challenging him?? Still what's that dwelling feeling in his chest, proud or admiration??