PROMISE

When his horse took him away from her for the first time Karna felt some emptiness wrapping around his entire being like he is leaving behind something precious. He suddenly stopped his horse at the entrance with a jerk and slightly turned behind to see Yamika. Seeing her still standing there looking him, he passed a faint smile and resumed his journey much more fastly.

Yamika emotionlessly watched him leaving behind the dusty air and merging in it. When he completely faded from her vision she moved to her chariot and got stopped by Subhadra's broken voice, " Yaa.... Yaamiii......."

In the same speed she rushed back and hugged her sister tightly. Subhadra said by caressing the younger's head, " Please stay with me....Don't leave yet!! "

Yamika broke the hug and left abruptly saying, " Take care of Yourself Jiji!! "

Subhadra became numb seeing Yamika going away from her, that too without even glancing at Krishna who  stood with a pained smile. They both stood there in complete silence even after Yamika's chariot completely disappeared.........

************************************

Sun have already went to his abode and Darkness consumed the city of Hastinapur when the glorious King of Anga entered there. Karna's horse not for once slowing down crossed the main entry gate of palace. He jumped down from the horse even before it came to a stop and hastily walked inside to meet his mitr.

On the way Karna greeted by the sight of broken pots and vases, torn down curtains along frightened guards and servants.

When he neared Duryodhan's chamber he saw Dushasan who continuously yelling and banging on the locked door, " Bhrata....Bhrata.....open the door....please..."

Dushasan coughed out by the massive dark fog coming out from the small gaps of window and door. He scrunched his face cause of the scorched smell and he could sense something burning inside.

Panicking Karna too joined Dushasan only to get disappointed as Duryodhan is not responding to them. After gesturing Dushasan to step back  Karna broke the door by kicking it hard and widened his eyes seeing the entire chamber in hands of the blazing fire.

Without wasting one another moment he jumped inside and called aloud, " Mitr....mitr...."

On this process of searching Duryodhan his Angavastra got caught in fire and to his fortune, he is protected by his natural armor. He threw aside the Angavastra and found the Yuvaraj of Hastinpur laying unconsciously on the floor in a corner. Though the hot air and smog suffocated him, he fastly approached Duryodhan and knelt beside him.

Karna tried to wake up Duryodhan by roughly patting his cheek and called, " Mitr.....Mitr....Wake up...Open your eyes......."

Duryodhan slightly opened his eyes and seeing Karna a tilt formed in his lips only to dozz off again. Karna rolled his eyes at that and wasted no time seeing the fire surrounding them and he quickly lifted the giant man on his shoulder and jumped out off the chamber escaping from the fire......

.

.

About an hour later Duryodhan hardly opened his eyes with a little struggle and first one he seen is Karna who sat beside him on the bed with a hurtful expression.