Chapter 30

Tortuous

"Welcome to Yamagata Station."

Yamaguchi went out of the train. It was already afternoon when he reach Yamagata because he needs to do some errands like withdrawing all his money so no one can track him and changing phone number. This the start of his new life.

Yamaguchi look up, from a far he can see the mountain ranges, the sun was warm and it's not cold. People are minding their own business and some are welcoming their friends and family who just arrived. In his case no one will welcome him.

"I can do it." He smiled faintly, caressing his belly before pulling his luggage to start a new life.

•••

10 Months  Later

"Oh my, Asahi! Hold your son!" Nishinoya gently shoved his son to he's father who won't stop crying. They are in Tokyo to witness Kageyama and Hinata's wedding, of course they are wearing formal clothes. They are in the reception right now and Rai, his son won't stop crying if he's not being hold by his beloved father.

"Giichi! Don't run!" Daichi yelled as he try to catch his son who just learn how to walk a months ago. The reception was full of family and friends only, since Hinata doesn't want a fancy wedding. At first, Hinata doesn't want to get married without Yamaguchi but after a long time of thinking he finally agreed.

"Bokuto, please get our son." Akaashi face palmed after seeing Kuroo carrying his son, Eiichi on the table of foods, feeding his son whatever he wants. Eiji, the youngest in the twins is just sitting on their table, looking at a picture book.

"No, Akaashi! He's having fun eating." Bokuto shook his head in disagreement.

"Bokuto, Eiichi just finished eating a while ago and Kuroo-san is feeding him too much chocolates." Akaashi said pointing at where Kuroo and Eiichi is standing, in front of a chocolate fountain, dipping marshmallows and fruits in it.

"Okay..." Bokuto murmured in a sulky tone, walking to Kuroo's direction with a slumped back.

"Idiot! What's with the face?" Kageyama asked after seeing Hinata eating soggy fries on the side. Hinata swallowed the fries before answering.

"Nothing! I just remember Yams. This is his favourite." Hinata said pouting while looking at the piece of soggy fries. "And why did you marry me already! I promised Yams that we will attend each other's wedding! There should be another wedding when he came back!" Hinata glare at Kageyama who just chuckled and hug him, emitting calming pheromones.

"Yes, what my omega wants, my omega gets." Kageyama said.

Hinata's eyes shine after hearing what Kageyama said. "Then can I drink the gallons of milk on the fridges?!" He asked enthusiastically but the Alpha just shook his head.

"Never." Hinata's blood boil after hearing that.

"Hmp! No honeymoon for you!" Hinata broke the hug and started walking away leaving Kageyama's jaw dropped in shocked.

"Idiot! I was just kidding!" Kageyama began running to Hinata who fasten his pace while laughing.

Tsukishima watch his friend's creates chaos with their partners and kids that's running around. His eyes adverted to the glass of vodka in his hand. There's still no lead to Yamaguchi's location. They've been searching the whole Sendai, Tokyo and the nearby cities for leads but still none.

After hearing about Yamaguchi's sudden disappearance, they were sad and shocked at the same time especially him who almost gone crazy just to find his omega. He hired a lot of people just to find him but no trace of Yamaguchi Tadashi.

He's going crazy. He didn't know what to do. Thinking something happened with their baby and Yamaguchi or did Yamaguchi even keep the baby? Did he already found someone who can accept his condition? Is he happy right now? Did he already eat? Can he still remember him? Does he still love him? All those question are hunting him down everyday and every night.

He hates the fact that for Yamaguchi, that's how shallow their relationship to let him go that easily. He didn't even confirm if it's true, he didn't ask him or talk to him.

Yamaguchi, come back... please.

•••

Yamaguchi sighed after making his baby sleep. It's already four in the morning and he haven't slept yet. It's been a month since he gave birth and he's going crazy. He haven't had a good sleep, he can't eat properly and his mental state is going bad again.

Inside those ten months, he struggle to live but he feels freedom. No one knows him, he can easily lied that he has an Alpha when people ask.  He got a work as a grocer at morning and a cashier for night to earn money so when the day that he needs to give birth he has enough money. He bought baby things alone, shop alone he did everything alone.

He didn't make friends at all, his life here was simple, no one judge him, no one make fun of him, no one knows him, he's free but it was lonely.

Yamaguchi turned off the lights and sat on the chair, grabbing his hair in frustration. He can smile and act fine but with constant over thinking? Not sleeping? Overwhelming himself with the thoughts that something bad might happen? Can he really call himself fine?

He knows that Nishinoya gave birth and Hinata got married, Sugawara is a teacher now, Kageyama is the new owner of their company and Yachi is dating Kiyoko Shimuzu and it's a little bit... frustrating? He feels like he failed on something? He feels like he was left behind? Hearing his friends achieve their goals, live their lives to it's fullest? He's... jealous.

Is it because he's a coward and a liar who can't face his problems that's why he failed? That's why he can't move forward because he was still tied by the pain of the past?

Yamaguchi reach for his chest clenching his fist as a lone tear escape his eye. He stand up and walk to the closet where most of his clothes are. He open the cabinet and reach for a familiar clothe. The smell of the pheromones that's lingering on the shirt's fabric is faint but it's enough for him to calm him down.

It's Tsukishima's shirt with his pheromones. He slowly wears it and sat on the corner where he's cornered by the cabinet and the walls. Smelling Tsukishima's pheromones can calm him down. He's doing this since when he's pregnant. When he feels uncomfortable, sad or he feels like he's having a panic attack.

From where Yamaguchi is sitting he can clearly see his baby, laying on the bed, sleeping peaceful. His baby doesn't look like him at all, all his features came from Tsukishima. His hair was blonde his skin was pale as his father, his lips and nose is same as his father too. He's a complete carbon copy of Tsukishima Kei, Yamaguchi Shōichi.

Shōichi began to cry like he notice that he's thinking about him. Yamaguchi slowly crawl to the bed and watch as his baby cry. He looks like he's begging for his warmth. Yamaguchi is not that evil not to comfort his son so he gently carried him in his arms. Shōichi immediately hold at his father's shirt that Yamaguchi is wearing that time, nuzzling on his chest. The baby soon stop which makes him some what amazed.

"You like your father's smell? Can you smell it though?" Yamaguchi ask as if he's talking to a kid. He chuckled before placing a kiss on the baby's forehead  before swaying his body a little on the sound of his lullaby. "Shōichi, when you grow up... don't ever make an omega cry, don't lie to your friends. Talk things out, never run away from your problems. Mama will always watch over you." Yamaguchi smiles, watching the moon from the window.

—Thank you for giving me time to think about this story, now I can finished it. Did you miss me? I know you do, thank you! Hahaha

BTW, Let's welcome, Shōichi Tsukishima/Yamaguchi. Yey!

peachlass