chapter one

Star and tohru's pov

Will hold another banquet, and another. I'll hold a banquet after the banquet. An internal series of gatherings forever unchanging. I may be lonely now, but I won't despair. Because everyone is waiting for me on the other side of that promise. Words spoken in the long-distant past,lost in the years that followed. The original memory, forgotten by everyone. The original promise.

Third pov

Wow! Tohru says, putting her hand up covering her eyes from the sun. Usually the days start to cool off in mid-september, but it looks like we're in for another hot one! Tohru says. Does seem that way. a girl with knee length blond hair wearing the same school uniform says climbing out of the tent. All right you two look after me and star's things while we're gone. Kay, mom. Right mom you got this just beat up anybody who dares to take our stuff. Star and tohru say to the pictures of their moms. Tohru zips up the tent. Bye will see you after school! Star and tohru say jogging the way to school. So tohru do you think this year will be interesting? Star says walking along the branch crossing the mini river. I don't know star, maybe I kinda have a feeling tohru says smiling at star. Hehe your never wrong tohru star says joining tohru by her side. We still have plenty of time before we need to get to class,so I think we should explore the area a little bit. Is that ok with you, star. tohru says, looking at the blond haired girl. Sure I don't mind, star says, smiling back at tohru. They both giggle then jog down the path. They both reach the top of a hill panting. Wow! Tohru look star says pointing at the view of the city. As the wind blows their hair gently. The breeze feels so good! Tohru says, sighing. I know right. star says, closing her eyes looking up at the sky. Bells start chiming. Tohru looks over at the house that's to the left of the hill. Hey star look! tohru says. Oh wow there's a house, let's go check it out! star says, grabbing tohru's hand running. A new discovery! tohru says. I didn't know there was a house here. Star says walking next to tohru. Uh. How cute! tohru exclaims looking down at the little zodiacs animals. Wow! Star says looking down at the little zodiac animals. Hello. A male voice says. Star and tohru look up at the voice. This is a surprise. We don't get a lot of young girls wandering around here. The male says. Uh, good morning sir! We're so sorry! Star and tohru say freaking out and bowing. We shouldn't have been looking around without permission. They say they are still bowing. It's fine. I just wouldn't imagine that teenagers like yourselfs would find this place interesting. The male says crouching. No, I really do though! Tohru says, waving her hands. Yeah, same. star says also waving her hands. Especially these zodiac figures you've got. Adorable tohru says looking down at the little animals. Yeah there super cute star says smiling. Yes. they're a favorite of mine,too,actually. The man says. Except it looks like another set without the cat. Star says looking kinda down. The cat? The man asks. Oh right. I see. You're thinking of the old zodiac folktale aren't you. Uh-huh! Tohru says smiling at the man while star kinda just looks to the left avoiding eye contact. Me and star's mom would tell it to us over and over when we were little.

Mini flashback

Once upon a time, God made an invitation to the animals. God said I'm having a banquet tomorrow and all of you are invited to come. Tohru's mom told the two girls who were in a futon. But the rat was mischievous and loved to play pranks. He lied to his neighbor, the cat, telling him the banquet was actually the day after tomorrow. On the day of the banquet the rat rode on the ox's back, then leapt easily down to arrive first at their destination. After him came the ox,the tiger, and the rest of the animals, and they all feasted merrily until dawn. All of them, that is except the cat. Awwwwwww the two girls exclame crying. Tohru star, why the heck are you two crying! Tohru's mom asks the two little girls. The poor cat! How sad the girls say in unison. Okay! That's it! Tohru says getting up and walking to the window. Akari walks in looking at kyoko as she shrugged her shoulders. Star gets up and walks next to her. From now on I'm a cat like star's mom, not a dog! Yeah me too! Little star and Little tohru say looking out the window hugging each other.

Mini flashback ending

Ah. I wonder how he'd feel. The male says. Um, pardon? Tohru says, tilting her head. So then you're both the year of the dog. That makes me feel so much closer to you two already. The male says. After all, I am a d- the male gets cut off. Agh. my head! he says. Will you at least try to control your baser urges. a boy with silver hair says. Miss Honda miss Takahashi. Hello. I hope my cousin hasn't frightened you too badly. Wait,soma? Why are you here? Tohru and star say in unison blushing. That really hurt. shigure whine. I mean good morning they both say bowing. What do you have in there, a dictionary or something? Shigure asks, rubbing his head. Two dictionaries actually. Uh. morning. Yuki says, smiling at star and tohru. What's this you three know each other? Shigure asks. Miss Honda,missTakahashi, and I are in the same class. And Miss Takahashi is the school's princess. I'm tohru honda. It's nice to meet you! Tohru says bowing. And I'm star Takahashi, nice to make your acquaintance! Star says also bowing.

Same here. Shigure says rubbing his head. My name is shigure soma. Yuki's my little cousin. What brings you to our house this morning? Yuki asks. Um. we live around here, that's all. Tohru says, waving her hands. Yeah hehe. star nervously chuckles. Around here? Really? Shigure asks. Star and tohru start to sweat stepping back a bit. You do? Yuki asks. Well, we'll just be going tohru says grabbing star's hand and starting to jog towards school. Miss honda? Miss Takahashi? Yuki asks. Yes? They say in unison stopping. You both headed to school? Why don't we walk together? Yuki says smiling. Uhh... huh? Tohru exclaims. Sure why not! star says smiling.

welcome to my first chapter of my fruits basket fanfic i've always wanted to post this but got to scared. but since my horimiya fanfic did so well i decided to post this fanfic. hope everyone enjoys because let's just say this fanfic took a lot of work and dedication!!

anime_queen_56 signing off~