chapter 2

At school

All right, miss honda. Explain! You too miss princess. What is the meaning of this? a girl says.

Im.... sorry? They both say sweat dropping. Don't you know me? You should. I'm Prince Yuki's representative! Mokoto minagawa. She says. Oh. uh. Prince yuki? Tohru asks. Star just sits quiet not trying to blow up on these girls keeping her princess like states. Club core principles never misappropriate prince yuki's personal effects! One girl says. Never enter prince yuki's home without permission! Another girl says. Never speak to prince yuki without someone else present! Another girl says. Hmph! They exclaim turning around. Do you understand? Minagawa asks. We in the prince yuki club are dedicated to worshiping the prince who graced our school with his presence. She explains posing. Miss honda! And the princess! She says pointing to the two girls. You have publicly disregarded the regulations we painstakingly crafted for his protection. Now we expect an extremely thorough explanation... ugh scary a boy student says. I would go save princess star but I'm too scared. Speak! Minagawa says, pointing at them. I swear, it was a coincidence, that's all. Tohru says. Yeah it was a coincidence. And besides, shouldn't the prince and princess walk to school together. It just makes sense. Star says, flicking her hair. If that were a good enough excuse, we wouldn't need the club, now would we? But here we are. The girls start shouting at the two girls. I'm sorry we didn't know tohru says. Hey, don't pick a fight over something stupid just cause your ego got bruised. Uo says, crossing her arms. As Hana stands behind her. Like you're one to talk! You delinquents think that making threats solves everything Minagawaz says waving and pointing her finger at uo and hana. I'll use my waves so play nice. Hana says. The girls start screaming and running away. Thank you so much! Really you saved us. Tohru says with a closed eye smile. Yeah I almost lost my temper, star says sighing. You poor things, cornered by those mean girls! uo says hugging star and tohru. hey, don't actually do the wave thing, hanajima. Uo says, glancing at Hana, still hugging star and tohru. Hana stops doing her waves.

In home economics class

I gotta admit it is kinda weird, you coming to school with the prince like that. Star i could see doing that considering she is the princess. Uo says pointing at star. Oh really thank you. Oh of course i'll try you food! star says smiling at all the people asking her to try their food. Yeah i was so nervous. Soma is almost too beautiful. Same with star she grew up looking like a goddess tohru says string the soup. You know. Hana starts to say. Hm? They both hum. There's something about his waves that i find rather strange. Hana says holding a knife. Another installment of hanajima's wave report. Uo says looking at hana. Strange in what way? Star says joining the conversation. That's the thing. I'm not quite sure. Hana says putting away the knife. He does kinda give off a mysterious vibe. I heard a second- year confessesd her love to him a while back and went in for a hug.

He sent her flying

Scared the heck out of her. Really? I didn't know about that star and tohru say in unison looking over at yuki. I wonder why. Tohru says. All right you four. Your hands should be moving, not your mouths. Uh? The teacher says, looking at the table. Your done? the teacher asked, surprised. Yeah, it's not rocket science. Uo says, putting her hands on her hips. Don't talk to me like that, when I know full well that Miss Honda did all the work! The teacher says point at uo. While the teacher talks to the three four girls star goes over to yuki's group. Hey Soma, can I try some of your food? Star asks with her cute squeaky girl voice. Why of course my princess yuki says grabbing star's chin. Star starts to blush as Yuki feeds her some of the food. Wow soma this tastes delicious! star says in a swoon voice. Oh looks like you got some on your face let me get it off yuki says wiping her cheek with his thumb. The girls start to go wield at their little heated exchange. Finally our prince and princess are together. Oh no we are not together! star says with an embarrassed blush on her face. Yeah, me and Miss Takahashi are not together! yuki also says blushing. Well I'll see you later soma! star says going back to her cute squeaky girl voice. Yeah. Yuki says.

After school

Tohru rushes down the stairs. Wait up tohru. star says, running behind her. Sorry but I gotta get to work. You have a little time vs me. tohru says turning the corner and stopping. Star bumps into her. Uh. tohru what's up. Uh. star looks over and sees yuki. Soma thank you for this morning! Tohru says. Yeah thanks star says returning to her normal voice. It's quite alright. Yuki says closing his locker. I should be apologizing for shigure. Yuki says with a closed eye smile. Oh no not at all! Tohru says. He's a very nice person. star says. And he even let me and star look at his cute little zodiac figurines. Tohru says walking behind Yuki next to star. That's right. I believe you were saying something about being a cat? Yuki says. Yeah, I was a kinda a strange kid. Sorry. But star's mom was the year of the cat. Tohru says. Star sweat drops the looks down. Hm. yuki sighs. The cat is an idiot. Star looks up at him shocked. Huh? Tohru exclams. Stubborn,too. Star holds back her tears and anger looking down. Hm? Tohru hums. Did you know the zodiac animals actually began as a part of a system for telling time? They were first used as clock divisions. Later, yin and yang and elemental relationships were folded in, and they became fortune-telling tools. The truth is, math never left any room for the cat to begin with. Yuki explains, still walking ahead of them. But honestly, think that's for the best anyway. I mean, being allowed to join the zodiac? What's so great about that? Better to be alone. Stupid cat. Star looks down at the ground still walking. Oh so that's how you feel soma. star says in her mind, looking at yuki. Sorry, but I don't understand. Are you trying to say you hate cats? Tohru asks. Yuki stops, then turns around. Star and tohru gasp. Star, I hope you didn't take that the wrong way. I bet your mom is wonderful. I don't mind that she is the year of the cat. None of those words were directed towards her. Yuki says, smiling. Uh. star exclaims starting to blush. The wind starts to blow, making their hair sway gently. A leaf falls on stars head and a leaf falls on tohru's bangs. A beeping starts going off. Tohru gasps. Oh, no, I'm sorry! I have to hurry up and get to work! Come on star. Tohru grabs stars hand and starts walking past yuki. Miss Honda and Takahashi. Yuki said. Uh yes? tohru and star turn around facing yuki. Yuki grabs the leaf from tohru's bangs and grabs the one off of star's head. There hasn't been much color in your face today. yuki says to tohru. As the wind blows their hair gently. And it's still so hot. You should be more careful not to push yourself too hard. Yuki says, tilting his head, holding the leaves in his hand. And miss Takahashi like I said before don't take the words I said earlier to heart. I don't think that about your mother. Yuki says letting go of the leaves and walking away. Star touches the top of her hand. And tohru touches her bangs watching yuki go.

that's the end of chapter two hopefully i get more reads if not i'll keep posting till peeps wanna read because i have determination teehee.

i do not own fruits basket or it's character's just star. 

anime_queen_56  signing off~