Chapter 67 Just get better.

At school
Your final exam scores should be posted. Those of you with failing scores in any subject will be taking make-up exams on sunday. The teacher says making the class groan. Classmate BB: that sucks!
I don't wanna hear it! You should be grateful to your teachers for this second chance. They're all giving up their weekends to help you. The teachers says. Tell'em! You don't wanna do make-ups, then don't fail in the first place. Jerks. But I'm sure you passed everything, tohru, right? Uo says looking over at tohru. Yeah I did, what about you star? Tohru asks, looking over at star. Star sat with a gloomy look on her face as she stared at her desk. This can't be happening. I passed everything. I'm the princess for crying out loud and I didn't pass everything! Star shouts in her mind while torhu and uo sweat dropped.

Well, let's hear it. Did you fail? Uo asks while her and Tohru walk up to star's desk. Star nodded her head not looking at uo and tohru. How many? Uo asks while she and tohru start anime crying. Star held up one finger showing she failed one. Uh. okay, that's not too bad, then. One subject's nothin' to stress out over. Uo says making tohru nod in agreement. Indeed, take heart. And if it helps, you scored wonderfully compared to me. I faled them all. Hana says placing a hand on star's shoulder. If anyone is gonna be depressed, it oughta be you. You haven't failed any exams before now, have you? No tutoring sessions with the prince this time around? Uo asks making star a little more sad. That's the problem, yuki did help me study. Star says as she stared at her desk. Miss takashi? Yuki calls making star gasp and look up at him. How'd it go? Do you have make-ups? Yuki asks walking towards star's desk. Star screams feeling embarrassed. She glides away from yuki waving her hands then drops to the floor. Please forgive me! Don't look at me! Star says making the three of them look at her in worry. I'm such a disgrace. Freaking hiro was right, I must be a space cadet. I've never failed a test once since I got to high school. I only asked yuki to help me study just in case. And I still failed. He literally took time away from his own studies to tutor me and I still failed. What a terrible way to repay his kindness! I'm too ashamed to look at him. How can I be named the princess and fail? How can i stand by his side without being an embarrassment. And great now my head's starting to hurt for no reason. Star says in her mind still on the ground. Hey, the world isn't ending here. Uo says crouching beside star along with hana and tohru. Besides, the make-ups have easier questions then the regular test. Hana says. Yeah! Tohru says encouraging star. Yuki walks up beside star. Don't worry. Star gasps hearing his voice. You shouldn't let it get to you too much. Star looks over at yuki as he held a soft smile. You'll be okay. Everybody has bad days. Even our schools princess. Yuki says making star tear up. She then starts sobbing in her hands. I'm sure you'll pass the make-up test with flying colors. Hana says patting star's back. Maybe you should worry about yourself. Uo says looking at hana making tohru cuckle. Star sighs looking to the side with tears still in her eyes. I'm so pathetic. Star says in her mind.
After school
Star and kyo head home together. Kyo stops and turns to star. It's true? You got a make-up? Kyo asks. Star screams gliding away waving her hand while the other cluthed her backpack strap. Then she dropped to the ground crying. Jeez, calm down. Just askin'. Kyo says looking at star like she's crazy. Then they continue there walk to the house. The more I think about it, the more horrible I feel. What's my problem? I promised mom and kyoko I would graduate high school. How can i keep that promise if I start failing test? I'm feeling a little dizzy. I can't let this happen again. I need to... do a better job. Star says in her mind tripping over her foot and her head landing on kyo's back making him gasp. Hey. what is wrong with you? One test. Are you really that bummed about it? Kyo asks with a blush on his face but star didn't move. Kyo looked at her closed his eyes. Come on. I swear, you're hopeless. You keep worrying about it, you'll make yourself sick. Kyo warned looking ahead. Star fell from his back while he spoke. And wind up with a fever or--uh. Kyo stopped speaking hearing thud next to him. Star landed face first on the ground. No way! Did I jinx her or something? Kyo asks while star had spirals on her eyes as she mumbled things.
At the house
Shiugre took star's temperature and it read 38.2c. Yep, a bit of a fever. My diagnosis... is a cold. Shigure says looking at the theonamater. Well, yeah, that's pretty obvious. Go on, get to bed already. Kyo says to star with his hands on his hips like a mom. I'll be okay. A little medicine should fix me right up. Star says as her cheeks were flushed red. I said get to bed! You freak out when other people get colds, so don't act like it's no big deal when you do. Kyo says. But what about dinner? I havent even gone to buy any of the ingredients yet, and they're expecting me at work, too. Star rambles on. Relax, star. No chores or work today. You're sick. And the best thing for that is to rest. Shigure says. But... I can't-- star says but shigure cuts her off. Starrr stop arguing and do as I say. Shigure says poking her nose. Fine alright alright. Star grumbles. There. Good girl. Shigure says. Kyo huffs looking away.
Star headed to her room putting on a a teeshirt and sweat pants. Once she was done changing she looked at her bracelet that was given to her by the boy she was friends with when she was younger. She decided to keep it on. She then looked at the hat that another boy gave her when she was lost and helped her fine her way home. She walked over to hat picking up off her dresser. Star sighed while holding the hat in her hands and walking to her bed. First I fail one of my finals, and then I come down with a stupid fever. Star sat on her bed looking at the hat. I just can't believe this. How pathetic can you get? Star says looking at the hat then singing as her face got back red from the fever.
Shigure on the phone with momiji
Momiji: huh?! Star's sick?! Will she be okay?! Is she rest?!
Shigure held the phone away from his ear due to momiji's shouting.
Shigure: momiji, volume down please. I'm making her stay home from work so she can get some sleep. I wanted to let you know that she wouldn't be there today.
Momiji: oh that makes sense! Hmp understood. I've got it covered! *hangs up*
Shigure looked at the phone in confusion. Hm? He asked.
At star and tohru's work place.
Well, there you have it. Star's sick and won't be in today. But that won't be a problem because i'm here as her replacement. You won't even know she's gone! I'll serve the boss so much... momiji says cutly clicking the buttons on the work computer. While the cleaners admired him. Whose child is this? Oh, never mind. I don't even care. Right? Neither do I. He's so cute!
Back at the house
Shigure walked into the kitchen and kyo cooking something on the stove. Uh. i'm so confused. What's going on here, kyo? Shigure says walking up to him. What's it look like, genius? Kyo says not facing shigure and watching the pot. Are you doing all this for star? Shigure asks looking over kyo's shoulder. It'd be pretty crappy to ask someone who's sick to cook. Kyo says with his hands on his hips. Shigure doens't say anything but stood next to kyo. What's wrong? You got a problem with it? Kyo asks grabbing shuigure's collar with a blush on his face. No. why would you think that? And what will we boys do for dinner? Shigure asks. Kyo turned of the stove placing the food on a tray. Order in, obviously. Kyo says kicking the door down and walking upstairs. Careful you break it, you buy it. Shigure calls out. Why am I the one who stuck doin' this, anyway? Kyo asks making his way to the stairs. Shigure chuckles. Ah, to be young and innocent again. Kyo made his way up staires stopping at star's door. He then looked out towards where the landry line was. The door was open he stood there staring out side for a moment. Then he saw star in her school uniform and an apron with her ear buds in jamming out as she put the clean sheets up to dry with a smile on her face as she hums. Kyo then looked back at her closed door. He then knocked, gaining star's attention. Yes? She called putting the hat on her bed but it slid off the side once she got up to open the door. Star looked at the food with amazement.. Woah! Did you actually make this for me yourself, kyo? Thanks! That is so sweet! Star says with a smile on her face. Yeah. well, it's nothin' special. Just eat it, will ya? Kyo says sitting across from her. Yes! I can't wait to try it. Star says. She the grab the spoon scoping some of the food and blowing on it. She then took a bite chewing. Woah! It's so good! She says smiling at kyo and eating some more. Kyo looked at her softly then looked down with a tiny blush on his face. He then got up seeing that she would eat it. Leave the tray out in the hall when you're done. Kyo says. Uh, kyo. I'm sorry you had to do this for me. Star says softly. If you're so sorry, then don't get sick in the first place. Kyo says. Star's eyes widen then shake as she got tears in her eyes. Yeah. your right. Star says softly looking down. Kyo grunts then sighs. He fell to his hands and knees. And now you're crying. Usually you so tuff beating me up and yelling what's up? Kyo asks still on his hands and knees. Idk. i'm sorry. Star says sniffling. What's wrong? Tell me. Kyo says making star look up at him as she gasped. You need to talk? I'll listen. Kyo says. Star stares at him in shock then lets her feelings out. I wanna keep the promise I made to mom and kyoko. I really do. But instead I failed a test and feel like a disgrace. And I feel bad for wasting yuki's time. Now look at me. I've got a cold. I wish I could do better. Somehow... I just wish I could be more reliable. Star says while kyo sat up no saying anything making sure she was done talking as she sobbed. You done? Kyo asks. I think so. Star says sniffling. Listen, you can just make up the bad grade by retaking the test. Star looked up at kyo staring at him. And who gives a damn about yuki, anyway? Waste his time all you want to. Work him to death. Literally! Star gasps about to yell at him for saying that. And stop feelin' so bad about a stupid cold. Just hurry up and get better so that goofy smile and hot head temper of yours comes back. Kyo says. Star sighed . My smile's goofy? And what do you mean hot head temper i'll kick your ass! Star shouts slamming her hand on the table. When it's not there or you not acting that way... I just... get thrown off. Kyo says seeing two images in his head one where star is giving him tea and one when there arguing and sparing. Star stared at kyo in shock. So I don't mind cookin' a meal or two if it'll bring your smile and attitude back. Okay? Don't worry about that part, at least. Kyo says softly. I get it now. So that's what he's doing. Star says in her mind with a blush on her face as her heart beated a bit faster. Well, hurry up and eat it! You need to get better! Kyo says with an angry tone and a blush on his face. Oh, right! Star says then eats more of the food. Kyo's look softened as he watched star eat the food with a blush still on his face then he looked away. I didn't see it at first, but this was his way of cheering me up. Star said in her mind smiling at kyo then she started to eat more of the food he cooked. It really is good. Star says, smiling at the bowl. Kyo put his head on the table. Yeah, right. No, it isn't. Kyo says making star halt the spoon going into her mouth. Yours is better. Way better. Kyo says making Star shocked by what he said. Kyo shifted his gaze to Star looking at her.