Chapter 49 Wow, I really am pathetic.

The next day

star's outfit

her hair

Star's outfit to see her mom with her moms galaxy gang jacket

Fortunately the weather cleared up. It's been so gray lately, but this is nice. Yuki says looking at the sky then smiling at star. I think maybe it's because mom is happy today. After all, she's got a few new people coming to say hi to her. Star says smiling at yuki then elbowing kyo but he ignores her causing her smile to fade noticing that he's irritated. Star! Uo calls out gaining star's attention, making her smile. There you are! Thanks for coming!  Star says running up and giving uo a high five. Yeah, of course. Perfect weather to visit a grave, huh? Uo says high fiving her back. Hell yeah it is! Star says her slang coming out accidentally. Okay i have had it her dressing like that was enough why the heck are you two dressed like that tohru is the only one dressed normally?! Kyo shouts pointing at uo, hanna, and star. Tohru gigiles a bit. You got a problem with this? Uo asks. Yes, my dress is too plain, isn't it. Hana says looking at her dress. I think I look badass. Star says crossing her arms and smirking. Are you crazy?! Kyo shouts. Um, excuse me, but... that's the kind of coat biker gangs wear, right? Yuki asks star and uo. Huh. you know your stuff. He's a keeper. Uo says acting like your mom. Hehe yeah. Star says, smirking at yuki. Yup. this one belonged to tohru's mom before she passed it on to me. star's wearing her moms which got passed down to her before she got her new one. Uo says turning around star doing the same. It's the esteemed coat of the crimson butterfly. Uo says pointing to the butterfly on her back. And this is the esteemed coat of the midnight moon. Star says pointing at the crescent moon on her back. Uh. of course. What's that? Yuki asks, staring at them. It was our mom's name back when she was still an active member. Tohru explains going in front of the two girls who were showing off their coats. Member's of what? Yuki asks. The crew's all here, so let's hit the road. Uo says locking arms with star and walking towards the graves. Yes let's go star says giggling tohru follows them linking arms with hana. These girls. Yuki says in his mind. Could they be more ridiculous? Kyo finishes in his mind. The winds softly blows past them as they walk up to star and tohru's mom's graves.  Oh, hey. Looks pretty clean. Did someone already stop by? Hana says, looking at Tohru's mom's grave. Star looks over at her mom's grave and her eyes widen, noticing her mother's all time favorite flower and a note. A purple sword lily. Star mumbles then joggs over to her mom's grave picking up the flower and note.

Dear star, this might be weird of me not to be there to mourn over your mother's death today but I just couldn't face you after 16 years but I came here today and cleaned up her grave and left her favorite flower that made her fall in love with me all those years ago. I can't really apologize for leaving you alone for that long but I also don't regret it. I just wasn't ready to be a father to you yes i made your mom very happy and helped her get out of her gang but i just wasn't ready to commit to being your father i'd love to meet you one day i left my number on the back of the note so call me if you ever want to meet.

Love your father.

Star crumpled the paper, clenching her fist. Hey starry you okay. Uo says, looking at star's mom's grave. Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine, looks like tohru's grandfather also cleaned up my mother's grave and left her favorite flower. Star says putting the flower on her grave. I'm just gonna go get something to drink yeah something to drink. Star says then slowly walks the way to the vending machines. Kyo and yuki watch her leave. That bastard! star says kicking the vending machine. How dare he come to her grave after abandoning us for so long. He doesn't have the right. And he wants to meet me such an asshole. Where was he when i was going through a tough time with Akimitsu when he was abusing me who was there not you mom was. Star starts crying not realizing it till she looks at the ground and notices tears falling on the ground. Huh? I'm crying? Star asks, noticing the tears won't stop.

 Huh? I'm crying? Star asks, noticing the tears won't stop

Wow, I really am pathetic. Star says crouching and holding her head crying. I can't do this anymore. I just want to disappear. I miss mom, I just wished everything went back to normal. Star all of a sudden feels someone wipe her tears away making her look up at the person who did so but before she could see she felt someone ruffle her hair. H-hey stop! Star says, giggling, fixing her hair, noticing yuki and kyo. U-um hey guys how much did you hea- ah! Star yelps falling kyo tug her waist pulling her into an embrace making her eyes widen in shock. Before she can say anything, Yuki pulls her out of Kyo's arms, hugging her from behind with his head in the crook of her neck. Star starts crying once more. No, leave me alone! star says, pushing Yuki away. Why... Why are you two here just mind your business! I'm just being a burden. I'm basically nothing. You could just throw me away and forget about me. You can pretend I don't exist. Not like you actually-. STOP just stop! Kyo shouts, grabbing stars wrist, making her gasp. You're not being a burden. We're here because you looked bothered. And turns out we were right! You're not okay and you're all alone without your mom we get it. Kyo says looking into her eyes. We are here for you when you need a shoulder to cry on. We'll be there for you to cry it out there's no need for you to keep it bottled up. We'll be here for you when you lash out when you're sad even when you're just happy and want us to see how happy you are. We accept all sides of you, good or bad. Yuki says grabbing stars other hand making her look at him. Star's eyes get tears in them as she stares at them. Then she hugs them both crying. They both hug her back, closing their eyes. Star just sobbes and crys. Uo, Hana, and Tohru watch from a distance softly smiling at the scene. Stop touching me rat boy! Kyo mumbles. Well i wouldn't be touching you if you weren't so close dumb cat. Yuki mumbles. Stop calling me dumb you damn rodiont. Kyo shouts letting go of star and yells at yuki. Yuki stops hugging star and glares at kyo. You must really like ruining moments. Yuki says not looking at kyo. Oh yeah. You and me right now let go! Kyo shouts, rolling up his sleeves. If you ins- yuki says but stops talking hearing star giggles. You two are such kids I just can't take you seriously. Star says laughing. Yuki and Kyo look at each other and then look away. Come on, we still have to give your mom the gifts you bought her. Kyo says, grabbing star's wrist and dragging her. O-oh okay. Star says stumbling then walking with kyo. Yuki follows next to star , grabbing her other hand making her look at him. She then smiles at them. Mom I'm doing just fine, dad may want to get into my life again but I'll worry about that another day. Right now i'm just gonna live in the moment that i'm in with yuki and kyo. Star says in her mind softly smiling at herself.

 Star says in her mind softly smiling at herself