Chapter 60 It's okay.

Star and yuki stand under a tiny building waiting for the rain to lighten up. Looks like the rain's dying down, but let's wait here a little longer. Yuki says after bringing his hand back and turning to star. Alright! Star says, smiling at yuki and nodding her head. They both look back out at the rain. Then yuki turns back to her. So, um, finals are coming up. Yuki says making star squeak a bit. Hehe. yeah. Star says scratching the nape of her neck. Oh! But i almost forgot. Before that, we have the student council electrons. Star says shaking yuki's arm a bit. Yeah. yuki said sighing. And from what i heard, president takei wants you to take his place and me to be the vice president after he graduates. Star says making her and yuki remember how takei blabbered on making them both sweat dropped. But it looks like maybe... you would not want to. Star chuckles a bit. No. i wouldn't not at all. I don't know what he expects of me, what they all expect, but they've got the wrong idea. 'Cause the real me is more... yuki stops talking. More what? Star asked tilting her head making yuki flench a bit. Never mind. Forget i said anything. Yuki looked over at making star nod. Sure. anyways. Look! It's tapered off enough, we should be good to go. You ready? Star asked looking up at the sky. Yuki stared at her then looked away sighing. Oh, hey, yuki. Hatsuharu greeted making the two teens look over. Haru! Yuki said surprised to she him. Hatsuharu? Star asked looking at haru who was soaked from the rain. Why are you out? It's raining. Haru said making his way over to them. I'm not the one who's soaked. Why are you out? Did you get lost again? Yuki asked while star got her mini towl out of her shorts pocket. She then stepped up to haru wiping his face. I've been searching. For her. It took a while. Haru said looking down at his jacket that was wrapped around something taking off and showing a little tiger. Aw, what a adorable little kitty! Star says gushing over the animal. Saw that coming. Miss takashi, she's actually a tiger. Yuki says as the tiger wakes up due to the noise. Hm? Star asks not taking her eyes off the tiger. This is kisa soma. Careful, her teeth are sharp. Haru warns. Oh, wow! I didn't expect to run into the zodiac tiger spirit today! Um. nice to meet you! I'm star takashi. Can i--? As star reaches for kisa she bit her four fingers. Haru and yuki stare as star falls backwards with her arm out. Yuki and haru gasp as she fell on the ground. Miss takashi! Yuki calls out. Ah... haru sighs.
At shigures house
Haru wraps star's fingers with a bandage. Oh, dear. You got nibbled on? Shigure asks looking at haru wrap her hand. Yes, well, um, i maybe should've expected it. Star whimpers. Star is actually surprised she didn't get angry and go on a rampage. Huh? Strange. Kisa, come her and apologize. Yuki says while kisa sat in the corner facing away from everyone. No, it's fine. she doesn't need to. I'm fine, really. Star says waving one hand. Kisa! Yuki says sternly. Yuki, that won't work. She doesn't talk. Shigure says gaining there attention. What? Star asks looking at shigure. Kisa can't talk. She stopped altogether shortly after she entered middle school. She's mute. Haru explained making star's eyes widen a bit. According to tori, it's a psychological. Shigure said. She's locked all of her words up inside. With everything that's happened, she stopped talking, stopped going to school, then today, she ran away from home. haru said making star gasp. That's why i was looking for her. Didn't expect to find her in tiger form, though. There you are. Haru said looking at kisa in tiger form behind some leaves. Did she bump into someone of the opposite sex? Star asked. Seemed like she was just exhausted. Haru said. So... what happened to make her stop talking and leave school? Yuki asked with his chin on his hands. Kids. haru said. Kids? Star asked making kisa's ears perk up. Bullies. Haru said making star put her hands up to her mouth gasping. Kisa then bit haru's arm for telling them. Making star yelp. That hurts. What, are you pissed at me? Telling me not to shoot my mouth off? Well, sorry, that's too bad. You have any idea how worried i've been about you? And i'm not the only one. Your mom's been looking all over for you, too. Haru said to kisa. She let go of his arm then ran out the room. Uh? Wait, kisa! Oooh! You're bleeding! You're bleeding and kisa just ran... star freaks out as her voice cracks. It'll be okay, tohru. I'm sure she won't go too far. Shigure says with a smile on his face. How can you be so calm right now! Ugh, i'll get kisa and then stop the bleeding. Star with a determind face then jogged out the room. Just calm down. Shigure said with his arm out but star already left. Maybe you should give a crap once in a while. Haru said touching his wound. Oh, my. Did you quietly turn into dark haru while i wasn't looking? Shigure asked kneeling infront of haru. Uh-uh. Just not a fan of tiger bites. Wish i knew what to do with her. Haru said while yuki was in thought. Haru, you seem awfully worried about her. I didn't know you were so close. Yuki said making haru and shigure look at each other than back at yuki. You jealous? They both ask. No! Yuki shouts slamming his fist on the table. No sense of humor. Shigure says smiling at haru. Nope. haru replies. I'm right here. Yuki shouts as a irk mark appeared on his head. Thing is, she reminds me of you. Yuki's eyes widen when he heard haru say that. You know, back when you shut down, stopped talking for awhile. Haru said making yuki remeber. You curled up in a corner and went silent. It was the only way that you could protect yourself. She's just doing the same. Haru said. Shut up! Yuki shouted slamming his hands on the table. Is it really that big a deal? Shigure asked. Yes, it is! Yuki shouted making shigure smirk. You ashamed? Shigure asked making yuki get angry. Yuki then tch walking out of the living room. Sensei. That's a nasty habit of yours. You can't see a wound without rubbing salt in it. Haru says with his face in his palm. Shigure chuckles. Yes, well, it's my nature. Shigure says.
Outside
Kisa sits facing the cement wall as footsteps approach behind her. There ya are! Star says crouching down to the grond startling kisa. I've been looking everywhere for you. Why don't we go--? Star reached for kisa with her injured hand but stopped talking when kisa bit her hand. Star gasped staring at kisa. It.is.alright. That doesn't hurt. Naw, nope. Not one bit. Uh, anyway, uhh... will you come inside now? Everyone is super worried about you,so, please. Star whimpers as she anime crys. Footsteps approach them and stop next to star. Kisa. kisa's mother says softly. Uh, hello. Star says looking at the brown short haird women. From what star could see it looked like kisa's mother was about the break. She looked so dull. Kisa. i've been looking everywhere for you. Her mother says looking down at kisa. Star stares at kisa's mother not saying anything. Shigure called. He wanted to let me know you'd been found. Please. Why are you dong this? You're causing trouble for everyone. Did you even stop to think for one second? Do you enjoy making things hard for me? Kisa's mother says. That made star gasp making hr remeber what momiji said.
Momiji: The mothers usually react one of two ways. They're either extremely overprotective of there kids, or they end up rejecting them completely.
Well? Why didn't you tell me about those kids that were bullying you? Why did you run away from home? Why won't you say anything? Yuki turned the coner looking at the scene infront of him. I'm so tired. I can't take this anymore. Kisa's mother says with her dull eyes. She couldn't tell you. When you're being bullied like that... it's hard to talk about. I definitely know. It happened to me. I couldn't tell my mom, either.

She found out eventually, though

She found out eventually, though. And when she did, I bawled my eyes out and apologized like crazy. I felt so ashamed. I felt pathetic and worthless for being bullied, and i hated the fact that my mom knowing it had happened. I thought once she knew, she might not love me anymore. I was so scared. Star said.
Yuki: i was scared. To let people know about that part of myself. I tried to hide it by pretending i was okay. But that just made me feel even more pathetic... and ashamed.
Instead, my mom took my face in her hands and said, "it's okay." and i could breathe again. When she said that there was nothing to be embarrassed about, i cried again, but that time in relief. Maybe that's how kisa feels. Maybe she's scared that you'll hate her. So she couldn't tell you what was happening, becuase she loves you. Star said smiling at kisa. Hearing star say that made kisa's mother's eyes stopbing dull and tears came to her eyes. Then pink smoke appeared as kisa turned back. Star felt hands over the hand kisa was biting. Star staried in awe at the little girl as her hair blew a bit in the wind. Kisa held star's hand with tears in her eyes with the wind softly blowing her hair. Yuki wathced them as the wind blew his hair. Star hugged kisa smiling.
In the house
What? Kisa's staying here? Kyo asked leaning on the door. She's having a difficult time lately, and i thought a change of scenery might help. Shigure said. Why? What's goin' on? Kyo asked. It can't hurt. Her mom seemed like she was at the end of her rope, too. Spending some time apart might help them heal. Haru said while reading "mogeta and all". I've got no clue what you're talking about. Okay, so where is kisa? Kyo asked. She's with star. Stuck to her like glue. Shigure said with a smile. Huh? Kyo asked rasing a eyebrow.
Kisa layed on star's lap sleeping. She asleep? Yuki asked. Yes. star said giggling. Well then, hope you don't mind being her pillow. Is she heavy? Yuki asked. Uh-uh. Star says shaking her head. You're lucky, kisa. Yuki says with a smile. Huh? Star asked looking over at yuki. She then felt yuki put his head on her shoulder. She sat there processing what happened then her face turned red. UH! DUDE, what are you doing? Star says as her voice cracks. Resting. Please just... let me rest. Yuki whispered.
Yuki: i'm weak, and i've always been ashamed of that weakness. I kept hoping someone would come along and tell me, "it's okay." who would give me the courage i need... to try to be strong.