Chapter 56 Run back home and let your mommy spoil you.

After school

Seriously? Uo asks. You should definitely come meet them. they'd love that. Torhu says smiling at uo. Yeah especially my mom loves meeting people that look up to her. Star says with a smile. Could these girls... actually be the kyoko and akari's daughters? Of course i didn't realize who they were. One looks as plain as you get and one looks like she's trying to not be a delinquent but it's not working. And it's not only that... uo's thoughts trail off. By the way, feel free to say no, but could we call you "uotani"? Tohru asks smiling. Yeah is that okay? Star asks tilting her head. Uh. yeah, fine. Uo says with her eyes widen. I'm glad we met, uotani. Star and tohru say softly smiling at uo. They seem... a little... how do i put it? Strange. Uo says as two women jump on the girls one with short orange hair hugs tohru while the long blond haired one hugged star. Surprise! Akari says with a cheeky smile. How was school today, tohru? Kyoko says surprising tohru. Yeah starry tell me all about your day! Akari says making star sigh. Um. tohru says about to answer her mom. Huh? What the heck? Uo asks staring at the girls and there mom. You're kinda heavy. Tohru tells her mother. Yeah get off. Star chuckles pushing her mom a bit. How lucky are we that we caught you two on your way home? Akari says hugging star tighter. Hey, listen what happened to me today. You guys won't believe it. Aki almost didn't believe me. Kyoko says hugging tohru and smiling at star. How could i it was too unbelievable yoko! Akari says smiling at kyoko. Actually, before that? Tohru says. There's a classmate of ours here who really wants to meet you both. Star finishes. Uo flenches. No way. Could this people really be them? Uo says as kyoko and akari heads slowly turn and look at uo. Oh, is that so? Akari says waving tohru's hand at uo. Who do we have here? Akari says smushing star's face. This is uotani. Star and tohru say in unison. Turns out the delinquents i admired... had changed into doting parents. End of flashback

It was like a punch to the gut. In that moment, my hardcore admiration for them disintegrated. It's hard to explain just how disappointed I was. Which was totally unfair. I'd created this perfect image of kyoko and akari in my head, what it thought they'd be like, and then I had the nerve to be mad because it wasn't real. I wanted them to be the person I'd imagined, not some nice moms. Pretty selfish. 'Course, kyoko and akari smiled and took things in stride. They forgave me for being selfish and didn't hold it against me. Back to flash back. Even though I wasn't done yet. Uo explained.

I'm sorry. It's such a mess I didn't expect anybody besides star and aki. Please, make yourself at home. Kyoko says. Oh yoko let me help. Akari says getting up and helping Kyoko take off the laundry. The crimson butterfly and midnight moon are doing laundry? Uo asks in her mind looking at her lap. Say, why don't you stick around for dinner, uo-chan? Kyoko asks. Yeah that would be a great idea please stay uo-chan! Akari says, turning to uo with a closed eye smile. What'd you two call me? Uo says with an irritated voice. Uo-chan, that's what me and Aki came up with for your new nickname. Kyoko says making akari chuckle. Uo grants staring at them in disbelief. Star and tohru gasp coming out of the kitchen wearing aporans. Yes, please stay and eat with us, uo-chan! Tohru says with a smile. Yes please uo-chan! Star says with a smirk crossing her arms. It's already a thing? Uo says sweet dropping. I, uh, nah. I'm going home. Uo says. Oh, come on. You must be hungry. Kyoko says, patting tohru's head. And nobody cooks like our star and tohru. Akari says hugging star, making her groan. We're just okay. Tohru says, making Kyoko smile at her. Yeah nothing to brag about. Star says with a blush on her face looking away from her mom. By doing this she showed the bruises on her neck making her mom's face go serious but decided to not bring it up now. By the way, what's on the menu tonight? Kyoko says noticing akari motioning her to look at star neck and nodding, changing the subject. I'm happy you asked! Tohru says happily. We're having meat and stewed with potatoes. Star says as she counted on her finger. Great. But i really gotta go. Uo says getting up and walking towards the door. Oh, wow. I get it. Your parents are strict. Kyoko says watching uo walk towards the door. Don't be stupid. You can tell they're not just by looking at me. Uo says not looking at them. Well, that's not necessarily true. Everyone's lives are unique. Akari says, smiling at uo while still hugging star. I couldn't be more disappointed in the both of you! The crimson butterfly and midnight moon i idolized has turned into two domestic, overly-friendly mothers who can't stop loving on there dumb daughters. I can't believe what a pathetic person you both turned into. Uo shouts letting her emotions run wild. Akari and kyoko looked at each other and smiled then turned back to uo. She gasps not expecting that reaction. We just relaxed a bit. Kyoko says. And it feels nice. Akari says finishing Kyoko's sentence with a soft smile. Uo glares at them then scoffs leaving there apartment. Tohru holds her hand out but stops herself from going after uo. Akari and kyoko both sigh. Akari notices that uo left her mask. Huh? Kyoko asks looking at it then she looks at star.

With uo

Uo walks down the street with her hands in her skirt pockets. Uo- chan! Star calls out. Uo ignores her and keeps walking. Star ran to the corner then ran towards uo. Uo-chan! Wait dammit you forgot your mask. Star says getting annoyed and running up to uo. She grabs her by the collar. Don't call me that name like we're friends or something. Uo shouts, making star gasp and look at her. I don't want anything to do with you. Run back home and let your mommy spoil you. Uo says pushing star away and walking. So stupid! She says walking away. Star stood there stunned. Had it been anyone else she would have pounded them to a pulp but for some reason she didn't wanna do that to uo-chan. A girl with short hair hears the conversation stopping and watching. Your life makes me wanna puke everywhere. Uo says continuing to walk away. Akari and kyoko sit on the balcony leaning on the rail watching uo walk away. It's her. The girl with short hair says.

Sorry i'm skipping the rest of this episode.