chapter 28 have a safe trip

The next day before the night fall

star's outfit and hair

All set? Make sure you don't lose each other in crowds! Star warns

All set? Make sure you don't lose each other in crowds! Star warns. We'll be fine. The streets'll be empty. Most people are watching tv. Shigure says. Make sure you lock up. You should check the windows, too. Yuki says. Right! See you when you get back. Star says giving them smile. Right! See you when you get back. Have a happy new year! Shigure says. And you guys, too! Star lightly shouts and waving at them. Yuki was about to close the door but flenches. She'll be okay, i'm sure. Yuki says in his mind then closing the door.

At the main house

Akito. It's too cold to be barefoot. Hatori says to akito. It's been a long time...since i saw yuki. Akito says looking up at the sky.

With kyo,yuki, and shigure

You know, a few nights ago, she left her bedroom window wide open. Kyo says as they walk up the stairs. Are you a peeping tom now? Yuki and Shigure ask in unison. Oh come on. Get real. She would kill me if I did. And plus I saw it from the yard. Kyo says. She could really stand to be more observant. Especially for someone who used to be in a gang. Yuki says. Star told them after they woke up when she got back from the main house.

She fell down the stairs again yesterday, too. Yuki says. I don't know if she's acting ( definitely not acting she gets her clumsiness from hanging it out with tohru so much.) but she's the kind of girl who'd run into a break wall. Definitely the type who'd die choking on her new year's mochi. Kyo says. Why would you even imagine something so horrible? Yuki says. Shigure sighs. That's enough. You should like a couple of new parents fretting over their child. Shigure says. Huh? They ask in unison. Look i get it. You're worried about star being alone. But it was your decision to come to the estate. Shigure says. What're you talkin' about? I'm not worried-- she's just fine! Kyo says. This ridiculous keep walking. Yuki says as him and kyo start walking again. Oh. now that i think about it. The paper said something about burglaries. There've been a bunch in this area. I think the criminal's still on the loose. Shigure says. Both the boys gasp stopping in the tracks. Crap. she's such an airhead i bet she'd turn on her princess charm since she doesn't know the burglar then invite him inside from the cold! Kyo says in his mind. She'll probably even fluff his pillow and serve him tea, while asking him to tell his life story, not actually caring about it. Yuki and kyo grunt in frustration. I like this game. Hey come on. Get a grip, kay? If you stand around the street like that-- you could be killed. Hana says cutting off shigure. Shigure yelps jumping away from hana. Oh. hi. Did not see you there. Shigure says. Does she always have to make some dramatic entrance? Kyo asks in his mind. Where does one even buy a cloak like that? Yuki asks in his mind. Fancy meeting you on the road! Heh. were on our home to spend time the rest of the family. Shigure says. I see. She'll be utterly alone this year. Hana says making yuki and kyo gasp. She's never spent a new year's holiday without her mother. And this time, she won't have anyone. Arisa and I both offered to spend the break with her, but she just smiled that smile of hers and told us it was important to be with our families. Hana explains as a flashback of star waving them goodbye and smiling. Who's looking out for her, though? Think about it. All the new year's specials, all the performers...they're basically the exact same every year, which must bring back memories. How will she feel this time, seeing them without her mother? Hana says. What must she have felt when she watched us leave her behind? Yuki says in his mind as star waved them off and the door closed. I wonder, is she really okay with how this turned out? Will she end up being, happy or not? Hana says. Did we abandon her? How must she feel right now? Kyo asks in his mind as star waves them off and the door closes. Yuki and kyo both grunt and started running but bumped into each other. Kyo grabs his head and groans and yuki holds his face and groans. What are you buffoons doing? Shigure asks. Just go to the banquet. Your precious akito misses you. Kyo says, looking at yuki. And what about you? You'll break your precious kagura's heart. Yuki says, smirking at kyo. Agh! Screw you! You can take that insane girl for all I care. Kyo says as they both start walking back to the direction of the house. And you can have akito. Yuki says starting to walk down the stairs.. I'll pass! Kyo says, walking behind him down the stairs. Wait, are you kidding me? Where are you off to now? Shigure asks. They both turn around. I'm going home. They both say in unison. Really? You, too? Your dinner's waiting. Kyo taunts turning around with yuki walking down the rest of the stairs. Shut up. I don't care. About the banquet. Yuki says. Yeah, yeah. Kyo says. Oh i get it you planned this. That whole speech was to trick them into going back for her. Shigure says looking down at hana. It wasn't a trick. Not like you're thinking. My only desire was to make sure she didn't go back to her delinquent ways since she's alone and angry right now. So this is something nice that I can offer her. And nothing more. I wish you good waves in the new year. Hana says walking away. Shigure rubbed the back of his head. She is a clever one. He says.