Chapter 34 Valentine's day

That morning

Kyo jolted up from sleep gasping.

Ahhm thanks for the soup, star. It's divine! Shigure says smiling. I'm so glad you like it! Star says smiling. Just one more way you've changed things, we never ate breakfast when it was just me and yuki. Shiugre says as kyo starts to walk into the kitchen. Hm? Hello, kyo. Good morning! Star says. Hey, come and eat. Shigure says. Better hurry, or it'll all be gone. Yuki says. Kyo just opens the fridge, grabbing the milk. Um, don't you want breakfast? Star asks in a grumble looking at kyo. Not hungry. Kyo says. Star looks at kyo in worry. He can starve if he wants to. Yuki says as kyo walks out of the kitchen. I wonder what's wrong? Star asks. Shigure slurps his soup.

At school

Huh. uo says as hana opens yuki's shoe locker with one valentine candy. There's only one. Hana says. That's a let down. I figured that the prince's locker would be filled to bursting. Uo says. With what? Yuki asks. Chocolates, I was expecting a whole avalanche of em. Spilling out. Uo explains. I believe I know what happened. What we have here is a clear case of the cuckoo phenomenon. Just as a cuckoo chick will take over a shuke's nest and dump out it's egg, each girl tossed away the previous girl's chocolates in order to draw attention to her own, allow me to present exhibit A. hana says showing the garbage filled with chocolate. Ah! You're right, wow! Tohru says sweat dropping. Well, that's just ridiculous. Star says opening her locker watching all the chocolate fall out of her locker. okay no are you serious. Star says in a monotone. And for star all the boys put their chocolate in her locker then waited around the corner to see how she reacted to their chocolate. Star starts shining. Thank you boys. I'm so happy you all gave me these. I wish I could have given you guys something. Star says, poking her cheek. No, it's fine Princess star. The head of the princess star fan club says then they all walk away. Man, that's low, even for those cuckoos. uo says. And I will be the hawk that swoops in to seize the final sugary offering. Hana says, taking the bag of chocolates from Yuki's locker. Shouldn't yuki get at least some of his chocolates, though? Tohru asks. Yuki looks down, sweat dropping.

It's february 13th. Valentine's day falls on a Saturday this year. So today will be a chocolate-giving frenzy at school. Star narrates as she gets chocolates from different boys that walk up to her. Star looks up and notices Kyo walking down the hall. Oh kyo! What's going on? Star asks with a bright smile. Sup? Uo says. Hey. kyo says, walking right past them, stopping in front of yuki. They both stare at each other for a moment. Kyo throws a punch stopping right in front of yuk's face. Tohru gasps. Please don't! Not right now. Star says in an annoyed voice. Kyo lowers his fist then walks past yuki. First thing in the morning and he's already lookin for a fight. Uo says as they watch Kyo walk down the hallway. I'm not so sure. His waves are more innocent than usual, it's odd. Hana says. Huh? Star hums putting her chocolates in her bag. What? No. hana asks. He's conflicted about something. Well, it's got nothing to do with us, just as long as he doesn't cause trouble for our star. Hana says in chibi form hugging star. Good enough for me. Uo also says in chibi form, hugging star. Yeah! Tohru says in chibi form hugging star also. Star chuckles, smiling.

Inside the classroom

We shall give them to yuki! Kinoshita says in a raspy voice. We shall! Iwata says. No more is more deserving! chie says. They will be his! A girl classmate says. Star will notice me today! A boy classmate says. I'll give her the best chocolates! Another guy classmate says. There is no other girl who desves these chocolates! A guy shouts. Girls and guys are really terrifying this time of year. They look like a pack of starving wolves.lying in wait for their pray. Uo says. I feel bad for the members of the zodiac. Valentine's day must be scary for them. Star says in her mind sweat dripping. Cause it's scary for me. She says smiling and looking over as boys keep giving her chocolates. Kyon-kyon! A girl classmate says catching star's attrition. Here. I brought these for you. Says handing kyo chocolates. Uh. okay. Kyo says. Wow. yuki's not the only one. Star says as her eye starts twitching. Kyon-kyon. Go, carrots! That girl's in love. Star flinched hearing uo say that. So you given' them chocolates, too? Uo asks. Oh, uh yeah! I am. Star says. And i'd like to give some to shigure and the other somas. I was planning to give you guys your's on monday, if that's okay. She says giving uo and hana closed eye smiles. I look forward to it. Hanna says. Merci beaucoup! Uo says. Way to go, kyon-kyon. One of kyo's friends says. Yeah, man, i'm like, super jealous! Kyo's other friend says. Is today... Valentine's day? Kyo asks. Uh. I mean, technically it's tomorrow. His friend answers. I'm going home! Kyo says standing up. What? Both his friends question. No, i can't. It's not safe there, either. Right! I'll go on a trip! Get out of town! I'll see you suckers later! Kyo says mumbling then running toward the door. There teacher stops him as he running right into her attends book. Don't know where you think you're going but your desk is over there. Ms. shiraki says as kyo falls on his knees. Ms. shiraki. Tohru says. Just let me go, you old hag! Kyo shouts. Star chuckles knowing she was gonna get mad e at his statement. What's that? Sounds like I've got a student who's in need of an attitude adjustment. Maybe dying that orange hair would curb your disobedient streak. But the good news is I came prepared. ms. shiraki says holding out a box of gray hair dye. Unless you want a makeover, I suggest you sit down. She says walking to the front of the classroom. It seems like something's really bothering kyo. Star says, turning and looking at kyo as he sits on the ground with his arms crossed. Something more serious than being afraid of girls. Maybe he has a bad valentine's day memory. She says in her mind.