chapter 18 I just wanna go home!

I wonder if they ate breakfast this morning. Without anyone there to heat it up. Star wonders. Maybe I should have stayed instead of just leaving without a goodbye. She sighs. I kinda figured I'll just see them again at school, so... star tohru are you done packing yet? Tohru's cousin asks.  Oh! We're so sorry! We'll finish up right now! Tohru says. This sucks. Grandpa's place is bigger than our last one was. More space and yet here I am, sharing a room with two other people. I'm sorry. Tohru says, smiling. Yeah. star says, smiling as well. Oh, akari, they're calling you downstairs. It's still star grandpa. Star looks over at tohru with confusion. Star walks down stairs opening the door. I'm here. You wanted to speak to me? Star asks. That's right, we did. Tohru's aunt says as Tohru and her cousin come down stairs. We need to discuss this sooner rather than later. The thing is, star, I hear that you and tohru were living unchaperoned in a single man's home. I had a private detective investigate. Living with a guy? You're kidding!  And I thought between the three of us I was the more mature one! Tohru's cousin says. Wait, a private detective? To follow me? But why do that? Star asks, looking a bit annoyed. My son has ambitions. He wants to become a police officer.  For that to happen, we can't very well have someone with a criminal record in the family, now can we? At first I thought a private investigation might be going too far, but they say akari used to have violent tendencies. Same with kyoko. And you know, the apple doesn't always fall far from the tree, so I was concerned. If you're going to be living in this house, you need to make sure all of your actions are discrete from now on. Be honest, star. While you were living there, they didn't do anything to you, did they? Anything indecent? Why you-- Star raised her hand about to slap tohru's cousin. *slap* Tohru's grandfather did before she could. Everyone stood in shock. Dad. what's gotten into you? Honestly! Are you jeering and taunting all you people know how to do? I'm very sorry about them, akari. Oh uhh it's. ok star says, hiding her hand. Please don't think badly of them. They're terribly unpleasant people, but what can you do? Tohru grandpa says. How could you say that?! You're not exactly helping here! Hm? What's wrong? Did I say something I shouldn't've? Still, nasty or not, they are my family. And I've invited them to share my home. If they say a few ugly things to me, well, I can tolerate it. But there's no reason you should stay here and put up with their petty backbiting. He says. Are you saying...? Star says, clenching her school uniform skirt. Oh, no! None of that. I'm not trying to kick you out. It's just, don't think putting up with things really suits you, akari. Star gasps looking up at tohru's grandfather. Katsuya said kyoko and akari would always be happiest living somewhere they could spread their wings. Hard to do that surrounded by negativity and spite. Dad. Tohru says in her mind, looking at star. So you see, I think you might need something a little more than this place. My dear, if there's somewhere you'd rather be, that's all right. I promise you I'll understand. Tohru's grandfather says with a smile.  Yes. But how could I possibly need more when I have so much? My mom loved me with all her heart. I have three friends who are always there for me. And soma and his family were so kind to me. Star says in her mind. You're offering me a place to stay. Giving me a roof over my head again. I can't do anything but be grateful for that. I know I'm blessed. Truly. So I shouldn't say... that's what I really... I want... she says starting to cry. Star. tohru says hugging me. Is to go home. I shouldn't be asking for even more than what I already have. I shouldn't miss the soma family so much. Soma and kyo... I wanted to get to know them better. I wanted to keep eating with them. To keep talking about everything under the sun. I wanted more. The truth is... i didn't wanna leave. Soma, kyo, shigure... I wanted all of us to stay together. Learning about each other. I wanted it so much. Is that selfish of me?  Is it asking more than I deserve? I say covering my eyes trying to hold my tears. Come on. Yuki says. Star gasps, opening her eye's seeing yuki. It's time to go home. Yuki says as star stares at him. As their hair gently sways.

Mini flash back

Kyo grunts pacing back and forth.  Would you stop? That angry pacing is distracting me.  Yuki says. If it bothers you so much, then go read in your room!  What's with them? Kicking them out for some renovations, then casually summoning them back when they're over with? Kyo says. What else would they do? Seems perfectly normal to me.  Yuki says. Isn't normal at all!  They're treating them like they're disposable, like what they want doesn't even matter. Kyo shouts. This from the idiot who left home without so much as a word and dropped off the map for four mouths. Yuki says, smirking. You wanna fight? Cause I'm ready!  Kyo shouts. You're the angry one. But if you want a beating, then let's go. Yuki says getting up. I'll show you who's getting beat! Outside now, rodents! Kyo shouts. Will you children please calm down? My poor house can't take it. Shigure says.

Yuki: I am calm.

Kyo: I'm calm as hell!

Clearly. Sigure says reading the newspaper.  Damnit! Kyo says walking then laying down.yuki walks over and sets his book down then looking at  the paper tohru had left. Yuki looks between shigure and kyo. I'm going to take a walk. Yuki says, grabbing the piece of paper. Enjoy the fresh air! Shigure says looking up from his newspaper. Hm? He hums hearing Kyo get up. He starts walking around looking around. What's wrong? Looking for something? Shigure asks. Uh. yeah, just nail clippers.  Kyo says with a light blush on his face. Mh-hm...shigure hums looking at kyo who's still looking for the nail clipper. If you're looking for the note tohru left, you're out of luck. Kyo tensed and blush looking over at shigure. Yuki took it. Shigure says, holding up the newspaper. That bastard!  Kyo shouts running out the door. Shigure chuckles.  Yuki walks down the street holding the paper out. It's hard to find just from the information on here. So what now? I guess I could ask around. Yuki says stopping putting his hand in his hair. Hey! Hold it right there! Kyo shouts running towards yuki. RUNNING RIGHT PAST THE HOUSE. Hand over that note now or I'll kill ya! Kyo shouts, raising his fist about to punch yuki.

 Hand over that note now or I'll kill ya! Kyo shouts, raising his fist about to punch yuki

But yuki kicks kyo in the face. Sigure sneezes. Not this one. Or this one. Yuki says still walking. Hey moron! You just took us in a circle! Kyo shouts. I don't get it. The house should be in this block of buildings. Yuki says, looking down at the paper. Well, none of the nameplates said honda, so obviously it's not.  Give it. Kyo shouts trying to grab the note. Hands off. Yuki says holding up the note, not letting kyo get it.  Listen, it just got remodeled,  so it'll be all new and shiny, which means if we haven't found it yet, we're looking in the wrong place! Kyo shouts. Yuki looks around and then remembers something tohru said. The exterior walls aren't done, but most of the work is complete, so it's ready to move in. yuki turns around running. Uh. hey!  Kyo shouts. Yuki stops in front of  the house. Where do you think you're going? Kyo says. Yuki walks up and touches the plastic on the nameplate, noticing it, said honda. Here it is. Yuki says. It's totally still under construction. Kyo says, just outside. Come on, we can at least go in and talk to Miss Honda and takashi. Yeah. yuki knocks on the door. There's no answer. Yuki says. Maybe they can't hear that wussy knock of yours. My turn. Excuse me! Kyo shouts. Wait yuki says grabbing kyo's mouth then slamming him on the ground.

What the hell did you do that for?! Kyo shouts

What the hell did you do that for?! Kyo shouts. Shh! Yuki says qeinting kyo. Might be going too far. But you see akari used to have violent tendencies. Same with kyoko. And you know, the apple doesn't always fall far from the tree, so I was concerned. If you're going to be living in this house, you need to make sure all of your actions are discrete from now on.. Be honest, star. While you were living there, they didn't do anything to you, did they? Anything indecent? Why you-- Star raised her hand about to slap tohru's cousin. The two boys were about to intervene until. *slap* . Dad. what's gotten into you? Honestly! Are you jeering and taunting all you people know how to do... okay what the heck is going on? Kyo asks yuki. Like I know. Yuki says. We can't do anything out here. Let's go bring her back. Kyo says getting up. Get down! Yuki says, grabbing Kyo's shoulder and throwing him down. What is with you? Kyo whisper yells. Shut up! Think about it: the important thing here isn't what we want. It's what Miss Takashi wants. Yuki whispers. Kyo takes yuki's hand off his mouth.