Chapter 66 Prince?

Star, shigure,kisa, and hiro all watch the anime together in the living room. Star hums while writing a song and watching the show at the same time. What, so he'd quit being a jerk if his wife was a little bit nicer to him? Does it not occur to this guy that maybe he just sucks? The character development in this show is lacking. Hiro said then took a drink of his tea. Perhaps we could all just keep our insights to ourselves. Shigure said sweat dropping while star nodded her head still writing the lyrics to her song. Well? How long are you gonna make me wait for another cup? Fill it. Hiro said catching star attention. Unless you were intentionally depriving me? Hiro asked. Shigure could feel star's anger waves as if the rated off her. Then she calmed down bringing out her princess persona. No! I didn't notice it was empty. Star strained out. Like you even care. I can't stand inconsiderate people. Hiro said making star get a tick mark on her head. He's worst then kyo. Star said in her mind. Be nice. Kisa said looking a hiro. It's fine. I don't mind, really. Star says as her eyebrow twitched in anger but she held her anger in. it's not fine. You should be more observant. Hiro said. Right! I'll do my best. Star says sarcastlty sluting hiro. Hey, stop treating her like she's a servant. You're a guest in this house, so try actin' like it. And why are you spending all your days off here, anyway? Isn't there anyone else you can go annoy? Kyo asked putting his hands on his hips. Star: here drink it. Did I miss something? 'Cause last time I checked, the cat wasn't the master of this house. What are you contributing that gives you the right to complain about it? People who whine about their situation while accepting no responsibility are so irritating. Hiro said while the anger radiated off kyo and star while they darkly smiled at him. Star and kyo in their heads: I wanna punch this kid so hard.
Any snot-nosed brat can point out an issue without solving it. Hiro said making kyo and star get a irk mark on there face. I'm lookin' at a snot-nosed brat right now! Kyo shouts then shigure grabbed kyo's face. Okay, stop. Go easy on the boy. It's only a phase. Some pre-teen reblliousness. Shigure says. Oh yeah! Well, he can go rebel at the main estate, then! And preferably do all of his flirting there, too! Kyo shouts at shigure. Don't be cruel. That sort of thing is already difficult enough for any kid. Being a member of the zodiac just makes it harder. Flirting's not easy in or out of the compound. It takes determination and skill. Y'know? Shigure says winking at star. Huh? Star wonders. Anyway, you shouldn't let him put your back up like that. Losing your temper only proves that your're still in your rebellious phase. Shigure explains. Tch. kyo says. Strive to emulate a mature adult, like me. Shigure said. "Adult"? In what world does a man who can't meet his deadlines count as an adult? Mitsuru asks while crying. Hello. Shigure says. She was at the door, seconds away from hanging herself. Yuki said. Tell me why! Why won't you finish on time no matter how much I beg you? Mitsuru says while shaking shigure. It's a real mystery, isn't it? We may never know. Shigure says while still being shakin. You're a jerk, sensei! Mitsuru says while crying. Okay,okay. I'll do it. Shigure says walking into his study. What? You're gonna write, really? Mitsuru says following him and closing the door while giggling. Shigure then leaves the room closing the door behind him. Oh! I just remembered a pressing errand. Don't worry. I'll be right back. Shigure says skipping away. No, wait! Whatever it is, do it later! Sensei... mitsuru says chasing after shigure. It's so noisy. What's it take to get some peace and wuiet around here? More tea. I'm still thirsty. Hiro says holding his cup out. Star sigh and noticed the tea pot was empty. I told you to stop that! Kyo says. I'll go get another pot started. Star sighed getting up. And you stop obeying his every word! Kyo shouts. Star turned and looked him in the eyes. Do I look like I want to do this! Star says in a monotone voice but you can tell she was angry. Kyo sweat dropped and mumbled no. making star turn and go to the kitchen. She side glanced yuki wondering if he was gonna say something too but he just kept quiet and sweat dropped. She countied to go get a pot going. Forget you guys. I'm outta here. Kyo says leaving. Peace and quiet? That's definitely in short supply these days. Yuki says in his mind then walked up to his room. Hiro-chan, you act kinda mean around star. Do you hate her. Kisa asks. Dunno. Yeah, maybe. Hiro says not looking at kisa. Um, okay, but then why do you always wanna come over here? Kisa asks. For you. I may not like her, but you do. Hiro says making kisa shocked by his words. You're right. I get this warm feeling inside, just being around her. Kisa says with her hand over her heart. Hiro looks at the ground as a shadow covered his eyes. Sorry it took a bit. Star says walking over to the table. Hiro shot her a look making star stop in her tracks. Hm? She asked then she smiled at hiro. Kisa looked at hiro thinking he was gonna say something. Hiro then stood up from where he was sitting. Bathroom. He said then walked to the bathroom. Kisa and star watched him walk away. I'm sorry. He, um, really is a nice person. Kisa says not meeting star's eye contact. Star chuckles. You two seem so close. You must be friends from way back. Star says smiling at kisa. Actually, for a long time, I thought hiro-chan hated me. About a year ago, we would play togher all the time. Bit then... he suddenly started ignoring me, completely. And I didn't know why. So when he said that stuff earlier, i was surprised. Hiro: I was worried. Really worried.
And happy. Kisa says smiling. It must've been nice to hear. Star says then thinks about how she hasn't talked to torhu and her friends in awhile. Hey. hiro said startling star. Oh! I didn't realize you were back. The tea is ready if you;d like some. Star says in a startled voice. You're off today. I'm bored here. Your should take us out. Somewhere fun. Hiro says leaning against the door. Um, okay, where would you like to go? Star asks picking up her song papers. Really? You can't even decide that much for yourself? Don't you have opinions about anything? Or are you happy to blithely walk along whatever path others set out for you? Wow! That must be an easy life, letting everyone else take the initiative. Hiro says. Tch.. that's not it at all it's just the stuff i'd wanna do isn't stuff kids should do. Star mumbles while picking up her papers. 'Man I wanted to finish the song up but I'll finish it later.' Star says in her mind looking at the paper.
At the park
This is just a park. Hiro says dryly. Yep! Cool, right? Star says looking at hiro. Uh, no. you could've taken us to a movie or an amusement park, but your pea-sized brain chose this dump of aplace instead. Are you kidding me? Hiro asked with raised eyebrow. Okay brat watch the words. And honestly, I don't have a lot of money right now, so this is the best I could do. Star says crossing her arms. It's great! I like coming to the park. Kisa says smiling at star. Fine, I forgive you. Hiro says. Great I appreciate it. Thank you. Star says rolling her eyes. Anyways. Look! There's a crepe truck here. Would you guys like to get some? Star asks pointing to the food truck. Kisa, want one? Hiro asks. Sure. kisa says. Okay, what kind do you want? Star asks smiling at the two kids with a hand on her hip. I'll have a cocolate one. Hiro says. Right! And do you have a favorite flavor, kisa? Star asks kneeling infront of kisa with aclosed eye smile. Maybe strawberry. But, no, wait... kisa says. Is there another kind you like? Star asks titling her head. Banana. Kisa says softly. Both, then, and we'll go halfsies. Star suggest making kisa look up at her and smile. Mh-hm! Kisa says smiling and nodding her head. Hiro watches there conversation with a blank stare. Give me a sec. I'll be right back. Star says walking over to the crepe truck. Okay, I'll take one chocolate, one strawberry, and one chocolate banana please. Star tells the sales lady. Got it! It'll be a minute or two. The lady says. Alright thank you! Star says smiling at the lady. Let's see... star says taking out her wallet getting ready to pay. Till she feels someone kick the back of her leg causing her to bend forward. She grunted then coruched the ground holding her chest. While hiro stood behind her with his arms crossed. Uh, okay rude, did you need something? Star asked staring at hiro as she rambled on freaked out. I'm paying for my crepe, and kisa's,too. Hiro said with his arms crossed. Right. Okay. Star says, rolling her eyes. Kisa sat on a bench alone swinging her legs waiting for Hiro and Star to come back. I don't understand. You're nothing but a spineless space cadet. If you could do it, why couldn't I? Hiro asks making star look at him letting him call her dumb go just this once. Hm? She asks, looking at him. Hey, are you as great as everybody says? Hiro asks meeting Star's eye contact. Uh. Star says not answering him. Can you magically make people's worries disappear and give them hope where they had none? *star eyes widen at his question* can you erase sorrow? Eliminate pain? Can you save people? Hiro asks. Uh, no. I can't do anything like that. Star says stepping back a bit holding her hand up in defense. Modesty only makes it seem like your fishing for compliments. It's stupid. Hiro says making star sweat drop. Right... she says scratching her head. Hiro then looks over at kisa. I loved her. I wanted to be true to my feelings. And I thought I could make akito understand. But... i'm a coward. Kisa got hurt because of me, and I didn't say anything. Not to her or akito. Why? Hiro said in his mind then clenched his fist making star look at him noticing his fist. I'm such a child pathetic and naive. I mean, I can't do anything. I'm just a bratty kid like you said. But I got jealous when she showed up. And actually helped. What's wrong with me? I'm sick of how childish i am. How useless. I don't wanna be like this. I wanna be an adult. Someone she can count on. But i don't know how. Hiro says switching to his own thoughts. You're amazing, hiro. It's really hard to believe you're only in sixth grade sometimes. Star says with a smug look on her face when she says "sometimes". Shut up. I wasn't asking you to make me feel better or anything. Hold on, are you buttering me up? Hiro asks getting a bit angry. Naw, i'm not I promise. My mom told me that it's really scary to admit you're still a child and have a lot to learn about the world. A lot of people avoid facing the truth and ignore it, instead. It's hard. So if someone can admit they've got growing up to do, well, they must be really brave, right? You say you can't do anything but that's not really true. Someday, you'll be able to protect kisa, like a prince out of a fairytale. So, do me a favor. Don't sell yourself short, hiro. You have courage in your heart. Star explains while a picture of hiro dressed like a prince with his hand out ot kisa who was dress like a prince. I see. Basically, you're tyong to tell me that there's nothing princely whatsoever about me right now, is that it? Hiro asks. Uh! No! That's totally not what I meant at all. Star freaks out. Well, guess you're not wrong about that. Hiro said with a saden smile on his face. Here you go, dear. The crepe lady said holding the crepes. Oh thanks. Star says then goes to open her wallet. But then hiro placed money enough to pay for the crepes on the money tray. Star looked at hiro in shock. Hang on. I figure that little speech was worth the price of a crepe. So i'll treat you, this once. Hiro said. Uh. star said then smiled at hiro. She's so embarrassing. "Prince"? Please. You can't say stiff like that. Not without anything to back it up. What if she's wrong about me? Is she gonna take responsibility? If I just... can't? Hiro questions himself in his mind. You have courage in your heart. Star voice echo's in his mind. What happened? You're kinda smiling. Did something make you happy? Kisa asked hiro while he smiled at her and his hair flowing in the wind. I'll do it. Just you watch. I swear. Hiro says in his mind. Oi brat! You forgot your change! Star calls out.