chapter 23 take care of her!

I had the best and bad ass mother. And I have not one, but three wonderful friends named tohru-chan,hana-chan, and uo-chan right here  by my side. I know you three will always have my back. How could I possibly be ungrateful when I have people who care? I can't tell you what that means to me. How fortunate it makes me feel. I love you three. Star expresses. Look, you're good. They're not the type of girls who sweat stuff like that. Kyo says. Miss Honda and takashi.  They deserve the moon but never ask you for it. Alright. Star says, hoping from her bed to set the bracelet on her night stand. We should probably get some sleep. Star says. They really do get her don't they? Uo says. Uh. what? Star asks. It's true. They see straight through her essence.hana says Yeah i believe that too. She's even smiling more. Tohru says, smiling. Ahh! Hey, stop saying all this embarrassing stuff. Star says pouting and blushing. Her ability to appreciate what she has in the moment, instead of always looking ahead and wishing she had more. Hana says. Alright sleepy time. star says, turning off the lights and going into bed with the three girls. They all hold hands while sleeping. And incomparable friendship. Hana says. That's right. Uo says. Together forever. Tohru says. Yeah. star says.

The next day

her outfit

The toast pops up out of the toaster

The toast pops up out of the toaster. And Kyo stands in the living room drinking out of the milk carton. Criten. I've told you not to drink straight from the carton. Yuki says drying his hair. Oh. Good morning! Star says.

Star: I hope you slept well.

Kyo: lay off me, stuck-up rat.

Yuki kicks kyo leg causing the milk to spill on his face. Opps, looks like you spilled the milk. Go and buy more for us.yuki says. While star just sweat drops. Did you have to do that? she says. You jerk! That's it. We're settling this right now. Kyo shouts. A cat and a rat. Hana says. Scaring and making the three teens gasp. Uncanny. Hana says. Oh, hello! Y-you guys are u-up! Can I get you something? Star asks, waving her hands. Why do you say that? Uo says. You know, they're like that cartoon... hana starts to explain. That's right. I forgot they were here. Kyo says in his mind. Still, this seems like a fun house to live in. i'd decided that if I came over and found out it was a bad environment for star, then i'd do all sorts of things to the two of you. Hana says having a terrifying wave around her. What kinda things? Kyo asks. Like what? Yuki also asks. Has anyone ever told you.. That your waves are quite nice? Hana says the aurora is disappearing. Huh? They both exclam. In unison. Oh, you don't realize it? Well, that's good too.hana says. Well, we're counting on the two of you. Uo says hugging star. Please look after her for us. Hana also says hugging star. Yes, take good care of her while I'm not here. Tohru says hugging star. Ahhh! You guys are so embarrassing. But I'm okay. Thanks for worrying....

That was like...kyo says. They were giving away a bride. Yuki finishes. Now let's have breakfast. Hana says sitting down at the table. We'll have to come back and visit here again. Uo also says sitting down. Yes. I'd like to investigate the soma family's strange waves. Hana says. Yeah, I like that idea. Tohru says. Woah, whoa, whoa, she's gotta be kidding. Kyo says. Uh! I promise that I'll be super careful, kay? Your secret will not get out.plus they're both really good people. I swear. Star says with a pleading look. Yeah fine, have it your way. Kyo says. Yes they are your friends, after all. Yuki says. Star gasps lighting up. Then goes and gives them both a hug. They tense at first thinking they were gonna transform. But they didn't. Soon we gotta let hatori know. Kyo and Yuki say in their minds in unison.  The phone starts ringing. Star picks up the phone. Hello? Star says. Is this star takashi? Hatori asks. Uh. yeah. May I ask who's calling? Star asks. Hatori soma. We met at the festival yesterday. Star gasps. I'll cut to the chase. I need you to come to the soma estate on your next day off. Hatori says. Huh? Star exclaims. I have something important I must discuss with you. Don't tell anyone about this. You'll come by yourself as well. Hatori explains. Star eyes widen remembering what yuki told her. He's the one who suppressed their memories. So just be careful. Yuki says. Ahhh this is bad. Yuki just told me not to be alone with hatori. But then mom did tell me not to doubt people without a reason. Star says in her mind. If you don't show up I trust you know what'll happen.  Hatori says. yeah. I'll be there. Star says. Good. And who knows, you might even get to meet akito. Star gasps. Hatori hangs up the phone.