Chapter 54 What color fits Star best?

Young Uotani walks up the stairs to her apartment. She doesn't head in right away then opens the door. Next, tell us about a strange snacking habit you have. Starting from the left. Let me think. Um. Okay, well, I don't know how strange it is, but I like to wrap rice crackers in ham. The person on tv explains. Young uotani walks through the hallway stopping and looking in the living room at her dad who was just sitting there watching the tv. As he doesn't say anything about her presents she leaves walking to her room. When she walks into her room she closes the door then leans on the door. She then slides sitting on the ground.

At school that morning

Uo sighs. Okay, now that's what i'm talkin' about. Can't have summer without a nice, cold pool. I am not movin' from this spot. Uo says in the sitting on the side of the swimming pool then sighs. Why's a delinquent polluting the school's pool? One of the prince yuki fan girl asks glaring at uo. Don't her kind usually ditch? The other prince yuki fan club girl asks also glaring at uo. I don't understand why we should have to share  a pool with a weirdo who dresses like some bad girl from 20 years ago. The girl says then looks down noticing hana in the water in front of them making them gasp. Then they both scream swimming away. Actually, i take it back. Wave girl is the real weirdo here. Kinoshita says in her mind swimming. Dunno, not sure if "weird" is the right word, exactly.  chie says in her mind swimming away beside kinoshita. More like terrifying! They both say in unison. Look at them go! Those two are really fast. A girl student says. Find it yet? Your hair tie? Uo asks as hana shakes her head no. hana then pushes her hair to the side out of her face. No luck. I fear it's drifted away somewhere. It's unfortunate. The pool experience will be much less enjoyable now. Hana says with disappointment. Uo laughs tilting her head a bit. Y'know, most people would just call it "swimming". Uo says with a closed eye smile. Hana-chan! Tohru says jogging towards them holding stars hand. Look what i found! An extra hair-tie! Tohru says stopping holding up the hair tie. But also her and star were wearing the school swimming suits instead of store bought ones. Oh. i didn't' realize you had gone to look for one. That was very sweet of you. Hana says as tohru leans by the side of the pool while star jumps in the pool. It was no problem. Tohru says giving the hair tie to hana. Uo gasps as her eyes fill with tears then she starts wailing. Making star look at her weird. Oh, no, uo-chan! What's the matter? Tohru asks.

A few moments later

Star pulls the floatie board swimming backwards as tohru holds on the other end kicking her feet and humming with a smile on her face. I don't understand what the problem is. You should be used to it by this point. I mean, we see Star and tohru in their school swimsuits every year. Hana says, squeezing her hair. Come on, can you really blame me? We were stuck with those ugly things in middle school, but we get to wear whatever now. Uo says as tohru waves at her and hana to look at her. While star waves at them. Maybe, but I think it's adorable. Hana says with a smile waving at the two girls. Hey, I'm not sayin' that it doesn't look cute, or it's embarrassing, or anything like that. Just... I dunno. Seeing them in that kinda gives me the same feeling I get when old people come into the convenience store to buy food. You know what I'm talkin' about? I mean, it's probably no big deal to grandma and grandpa, but I can't freakin' stand the sight of it. It's just too damn sad. And I can't help it. (star and tohru run up to the bottom of the stairs.) I started bawling, burst into tears, right then and there. That's right. I actually cry while I'm ringing the geezers up. Uo says crying and hitting the sidewalk. To be fair, it doesn't take much to make you cry. Hana says as the girls watch uo cry. Swimsuits are expensive, so I thought it would be wasteful to buy one when this one still fits well kinda. But maybe I should go ahead and do it this year. I mean tohru already got one but she didn't want me to be alone with wearing mine. Plus I don't want uo crying anymore because of me. Star says in her mind as uo still cries but stops. Hey, I know! I have the most brilliant idea ever! Uo says.