chapter 22 we're coming over

At the soma house

Star's home outfit.

Yo,yo. Uo greets. Evening. Uo greets. Hi guys, lovely to see you again. Greets smiling. Hello, so glad you're here. And nice to see you too tohru. Shigure says with a smiling and waving. I'm sorry about this. I know I didn't give you much warning that they were coming. Star says, sighing. Nah, never you mind. Shiugre says. Shigure, are you sure about this? Word around school is that you shouldn't underestimate wave girl. Kyo warns. Que sera, sera. This'll work out fine. Don't be so nervous. Shigure says. A dog. The three boys tense up. Well, hello there. Hana says to the dog that was in the doorway. Huh? Now that's unexpected. Shiugre says. In a nervous voice. Star chuckles. And kyo grabs his chest and breathing hard since he got scared for a moment. And Yuki has his hand on his head. Bad boy. You go back outside. Shigure says.

In the living room.

Here ya go. Star says handing everyone some tea. Great thank you. Uo says as star goes to sit down beside tohru. So, old man. I mean shigure. What do you do for a living? Uo asks. Oh. me? Well, I'm a writer. A novelist, fact. Wait hold up, you write books? Star says standing up in shock. Why are you surprised by that? Uo asks. You live here and didn't know? Hana asks. What do you call it? High literature? Yuki asks. Yep that's right. Stories like this. Shigure says pulling out a book called summer sighs. Everyone gasps at the book in shock with shadows casting over their eyes except tohru. Whoops! Sorry, I grabbed the wrong book. This here is more what I'm interested in. This is just a silly one I wrote for fun. Shigure says blushing a bit holding up two books. Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact you did write it! Uo says, slamming her hand on the table. Hana takes the summer sighs book and starts reading. Tohru walks over next to shigure. That's so impressive. I can't believe I didn't know. Tohru says. Yeah me neither and I still live here. Star says putting her face on the table.I never dreamed i might personally meet an author in real life! Tohru says. Yeah I guess it's kinda cool star says walking over next to Shigure too. Oh, stop. Shigure says. Careful. Praising him will just inflate his ego. Yuki says. As uo and hana observe what's happening. I don't know if it's possible for his head to get any bigger than it is. Oh hey! I just thought of something that might be fun! Wait here, I'll be right back star says, going to her room. wait tohru come with me in case it's not where I think it is, she says. Okay. Tohru says following star. On that note, I'm out. Unfortunately, I've got a prior commitment tonight. You kids try not to have too much fun. Shigure says walking out of the room. So, she's fine. In fact it seems she's fitting in well here. I'm happy about that. And I know she kept it from us so we wouldn't worry. Still... we swore we'd be there if the both of them ever needed help. Anything. Maybe that sounds dramatic to you, but tohru and star were the first friends we ever had. And in a lotta ways they saved us. I don't expect either of you to understand that. I just hate this. The fact that we didn't know to support them when they needed us. It's like they do all the work in our friendship, but can't count on us for putting in the same energy. Is it even worth being friends with us? Uo questions. Look, you're good. She's not there, not the kind of girls who sweats stuff like that. Kyo says. Miss Honda and takashi. They deserve the moon, but never ask you for it. Yuki explains. As Hana looked up from the book looking at yuki. Sorry it took so long. I thought they were on my desk but they weren't tohru found them under my bed. Star says holding up the cards. Let's play rich man-poor man. Tohru says. That's a brilliant idea. I'm in. hana says. Aw yeah. Can't wait to school coppertop over here. Uo says. Not a chance. I'll beat you, and when I do, you gotta dye your hair black, got it? Kyo says. Fine... uo says. Here, do the honors? Cut the cards for us. Star says holding the cards in front of yuki. Yuki grows a little blush on his face.

This is my natural color, you bleach blond moron!

Yuki tucks some hair behind his ear. Yeah. sure. He says

At the soma estate.

How are you feeling? Shigure asks. Yuki and Kyo seem much happier, and I'm certain it's because star is living with us now. I hope things continue on a positive track. I know your real goal. I assume you think this will fail, but you're out of luck. Because you see, star is a much better person than you are. Shigure says. You don't have to say it. I know I always ask for the moon. Akito says.

Back at the soma house in stars room

Ugh. I yelled too much and my throat hurts. Hana says, rubbing her throat. While star got three pillows ready on her bed. At least you didn't end up poor man like I did. Tohru says. Yeah, just be glad. Star says. This is a rather luxurious bed. Hana asks. Isn't it? Shigure bought it for me. Isn't that sweet. Star says as kyo hears the girls talking as he walks up stairs to his room. What is he? Some kind of mister moneybags? Huh? Woah I can't believe you still have that bracelet and that hat. Of course I do, it's an important memento! I don't even have any stuff from Akimitsu. Star says. Really? What's the story? You've been with Akimitsu ever since I met you. Hana says. Oh that's right I was. we were also together when I met uotani as well. I think I only told tohru this story. It was from when I was little. In elementary school. I walked home for the first time by myself to meet mom but I couldn't find the road. and i walked around for a while trying to find the meeting point to meet mom but got sidetracked and lost track of where I was. I sat on the side of the road. And started crying because I was so scared that I wouldn't find my way to meet mom. Eventually I kinda just sat there bawling my eyes out. That's when I saw a boy across the street. He stood and stared at me for a little while. But then he ran off without saying a word. And for some reason I chased after him. Like it was on instinct.

Little star: Wait, I don't wanna be alone! I wanna go home! Please don't run so fast. Ah! She tripped and fell on the ground.

I almost lost sight of him so many times, but he'd wait for me to catch up. And thanks to that mysterious boy...

Little star walks up to the boy in a daze and her dress is all dirty. The boy grabbed her wrist putting the hat on star's head. Little Star looked down in shock. I found myself right outside my house and mom came outside about to look for me once more. And the bracelet hmm instead I was playing on this cliff now that I think about it a huge house around the corner but there was one boy playing there so we played till the sun went down everyday till one girl showed up and we all played together till one day the boy asked me to come alone without or other friend. But he never showed but i saw the bracelet he always wore on the ground. So he had been there maybe i showed up to late and he went home. From that day on i wore this bracelet everyday it basically became my good luck charm. Whenever I wore it and went out with my gang I never got hurt. As if it was my protection!

That's a nice story if the two of you met again later and fell in love, it'd be an even better story. It's the type of setup from a romance novel. Star giggles. I won't hold my breath. Star says, sighing. Hey, it's a small world. You never know, it might happen. Uo says. Yeah I guess that's true. If I did meet him again, I'd at least like to thank him for what he did. And apologize to the boy for not showing up in time. Star says. Kyo listens in on the whole story then goes into his room. He's probably forgotten all about it by now, though. I bet it was just another day for him. But still, he and my old friend hold a special place in my heart. Star says puting the bracelet on. I think that boy might've been someone important in my life. My first love. Star sayings in her mind. Poor kid you even had a rough life when you were little didn't you? Uo says. Huh? Oh, no, I wouldn't say that. I recently learned exactly how lucky I am. And I won't take that for granted. I get to live in this house with the somas.

 I get to live in this house with the somas