chapter 26 when spring comes pt 3

Hatori. Hatori! Can you hear me? Are you okay? How do you feel? Star asks. I'm freezing. Hatori says getting up. Oh! Um that's because under your coat, y-you're... naked. Star starts freaking out then looking down blushing. So you saw? Hatori asked, putting on his clothes. Oh, no, I would never look or didn't look, I promise! Star yelps waving her hands and blushing. You saw my zodiac form? Hatori asks, straightening his shirt collar. Well, yeah. Star says. Hatori puts his hand over his face in shame. Huh? I don't think it's weird or anything. It's cool! And ofcourse, there's the surprise factor! I mean who doesn't love a good surprise? Star says, waving her arms freaking out. Oh, your shoes! They're probably back by the stairs. I'll be right back. i will go get them. She says jogging off to where hatori's shoes are. Hatori sits on the bench with his eyes closed. So, you're finally getting married, huh? Congratulations kana. Mayuko says. Thanks mayuko. Kana says. Well, what's the lucky man like? A lady asks. Huh. my heart always feels calm when i'm with him. His face isn't. Quite as handsome as hatori's though. Kana says. You're terrible! Don't say that. The lady says. Gimme a break he was the man of my dreams. Even if he never felt the same. I wish i'd gotten to tell him hi while i was visiting. Kana says. Easy! You've already got a man. The lady says. And I'm madly in love with him, so don't...

Two years after I last saw her, and she's smiling like she did back then. So, she found happiness. I'm glad. So glad. Hatori says in his mind, smiling. Congratulations. He says outloud. Oh, congratulations for what? Star asks, holding hatori's shoes. Nothing, never mind. He says. Star gasps putting down hatori shoes. Do you see that? It's snowing! She says running over to the railing. No wonder you were feeling cold earlier. She says holding out her hands catching the snow flakes on her hands. Yes please let her be happy. I'll be the snow. Frozen until the day I die. Just please... hatori says in his mind. What comes of snow when it melts? Kana's voice echo's. Yo Hatori? Star says. Hatori looks up. You look sad. Is something up? Star asks. I'm fine. He says getting up. Tell me, what do you suppose comes of snow when it melts? Hatori asks, walking up next to star. Hmm, let me think for a sec. (Gasps). When snow melts, spring comes right! No matter how cold it is now, spring will come again. It never fails. Pretty mysterious, huh? Star asks. Winking at hatori. Yes. it is. hatori says, smiling. By the way can i tell you something i never told kyo,shigure, and yuki. Star says looking down. Hatori nodes signaling for her to continue. Well a couple of years ago I used to be a delinquent who caused trouble and beat people up for fun. Yeah I know it's kinda hard to believe since I'm so polite and the princess of the school. But you know I'm scared that I'll go back to being like that again. What if I hurt Kyo, Shigure and yuki. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. Star says, starting to cry. Hey, the past is the past. I don't think you will go back to being who you are in the past. As long as you stay true to yourself you'll be fine. Hatori says. Star stares at hatori in awe. Right. Thanks hatori. Star says, smiling at him. And you should proby tell them since you are living with them or you will regret it. Hatori says. Right, I will tell them. Star says.

At the gate

Thanks for walking me to the gate. I appreciate it, sorry about the incident. It's okay. Oh hatori by the way I have to ask you a question- you're still here? Slowpokes. shigure says walking up to them. Oh. shigure! Star says. Now, doctor, you haven't been behaving improperly, have you? Shigure asks. No he hasn't done anything! Star shouts glaring at shigure. See you later. Haotri says walking away. Thank you for letting me visit! I'll have to call you about my question later. Star says waving at hatori. Hatori waves back smiling. Poor star. It was quite rude of him to summon you here like that. But he's not as much of a jerk as he seems. Shigure says. Eh! Not at all! He was very kind to me. Star says, raising her hands over her head. Well, let's get home. All this new year's prep has me positively famished. Shigure says, starting to walk home. Star starts to walk but stops turning around looking at the car that was passing. She noticed two males in the back of the car. One of them looks right at her as the car passes. And star stares at him too as it passes. It was as if time had gone in slow motion as the car passed. Speaking of, what are we having for dinner? Shigure asks. Shigure. Star calls. Hm? He hums turning around. Will you tell me... about the curse? Star asks. Shigure's eyes go into a stern look. Sorry, it's just... it just seems like I should be doing something to help. Star says. And you are, just by being yourself. But for now, I don't think I should tell you anything more. I'm sorry. Shigure says. Star clenches her fist then stops. After today, I feel like I understand more about the somas, and also like I don't understand anything. It's strange feeling both things at once. I still haven't officially met akito. I wonder if I will someday. Star says in her mind.

At the house

Star and shigure notice yuki and kyo sleeping in the living room. I guess it's true what they say. A kotatsu can even put the fiercest demons to sleep. Shiugre says. Star chuckles looking up at him then looking back at the two boys. Anyway, whatever I know or don't know, nothing changes how much I wanna cherish this. And I will. Today, tomorrow... I'll cherish each and every moment I spend in this house.

welcome back to my fruits basket fanfic it's been a while but i've already got the whole book typed i just have to edit and post but i'll be posting daily now.  but also if fruits basket isn't your thing read my horimiya fanfic with my oc character. hope your in enjoying so far. again back to daily updates.

anime_queen_56 signing off~