chapter 25 spring comes pt 2

It's nice to meet you. I'm Kana Soma, and I'll work very hard to be a good assistant for you. Kana says bowing. Right. Hatori says still doing his work. I've always found it strange that we've never spoken to each other even though we are part of the same clan. Hm. you may have heard this before, but you're quite popular on the outside. Let's get to work shall we. hatori says stacking his paper. It's snowing! I thought we'd  get snow. Hey, I have a question for you. What comes of snow when it melts? Kana asks.  The answer to that is obviously water. Hatori says. Kana mimics a buzzer then giggles. The answer is spring comes. Spring is my favorite season. Kana says, turning around and smiling at hatori. She was my spring. My new season.  Somewhere along the line, trapped in my dark cage, i'd frozen. I was snow.  But then kana came into my life. A fresh, bright spring. Hatori says as he and Kana walk through sakura trees then to a beach. Kana giggles running into the water as hatori watches. I fell in love like it was the only logical thing to do. Hatori says, smiling at kana. Kana giggles running up to hatori. She goes up to kiss him but he turns and walks away. And then... she found out.

What do i do? Water! Wait hold on! Which kind does he need? Freshwater or saltwater? Hatori! Kana says grabbing his clothes then putting him into the bath water. After he transformed back, Kana rubbed his hair dry with a towel. For future reference, putting a real seahorse or sea dragon in the bath like that would kill it. Hatori says. Kana chuckles. Got it, sorry. But this does answer one question for me. You've never held me in your arms before, and now I know why. It makes sense. This must be pretty scary, huh? Of Course you wouldn't want people to know. Of Course you'd keep them at a distance.  Especially someone you love. But please don't get scared. Don't reject me for knowing. Kana says with her head pressed on hatori's head.  Hatori looks down at her. I'm glad I met you. That hasn't changed.  Loving you made me so happy. I want to be with you. Kana says, holding both sides of his face. Hearing this made hatori start crying. I wept. For the first time in my life, I felt somehow forgiven. Somehow saved. Like a river of snow melted away by the first breath of spring. The tears wouldn't stop flowing. For almost two months, life was like the best dream.  She smiled and said it was as if I was condensing a lifetime of happiness into a handful of weeks. But then we begged Akito to allow us to marry, and the dream came to an abrupt end. Haotri explains. Akito went up to kana and grabbed her hair. You think I'll give him to someone like you? Akito shouted as Kana screamed. Akito! Wait, just calm down! Shigure shouted. Hatori pulled Kana away from Akito's grasp. You can't even lift the curse! Akito shouted.

Hatori: akito plase!

Akito: You're not wanted!

We don't need you! Akito shouted, pushing hatori into the mirror making it shatter hurting his eye. Hatori! Kana shouts running over to him. You're the one to blame! Akito shouts about to run over to kana but Shigure stops him from going any closer to them. It's your fault if hatori goes blind, do you hear me? Kana looks at Hatori's face as he pulls his hand away looking at him in terror.  This is all your fault! It's all your fault! It's all your fault. Akito shouted over and over as kana staried at hatori in straight horror.  She fell ill. No matter what I said or what I did, the crying never stopped.  The curse. She grew more and more sick. Her heart was suffering. Her mind, too. Isn't this exactly the type of situation  where your little memory trick would come in handy?  You ought to wipe the slate clean for her. What's stopping you now? You've never been shy before. The poor girls only suffering  because she remembers her time with you.  Her love for you. Don't you owe her this much at least? To save her that agony? What she really wants, deep down, is to be set free from your love. Give her that freedom. Let her forget. Akito says  this wouldn't have happened  if only we'd never met. Kana mumbles holding hatori hand while looking at the ground. Am I just getting what I deserve?  Is this my punishment for blindly following orders?  For stripping away people's memories,  regardless how much pain it caused.  Even so, I never imagined I'd have to erase with my own hands the memories most precious to me from the mind most precious to me. Hatori says kneeling down putting his hand on top of kana's head. I'm so sorry.  It's my fault I couldn't protect you. Kana says, putting her hand gently over hatori's eye. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry hatori. Kana says starting to cry and hatori starts too then erasing her memories. As kana falls unconscious she pulls the bandage that covered hatori's eye.  I am the one who owes you an apology. I'm the one who failed to protect you.  Thank you for everything kana. It's alright now. It's over. You don't have to suffer anymore. Hatori says shedding a tear. I'm glad I met you. That hasn't changed. Kana voice echo's. God, please let her meet someone better than me. Someone who can give her the happiness she deserves. I'll do anything. I'll be snow in a world without spring. Frozen until the day I die. Just plase...please. Hatori says, looking up at the sky.