Special Ch 2: A Dark Foggy Cloud

Y/N

It has almost been 3 weeks already. We didn't see each other much, Jungkook spends most of his days at the office, and when he gets home it's already late so he heads straight to bed. 

We aren't even able to spend a quick breakfast or dinner together. 

At the beginning of the week, I embarrassed myself with a surprise for Jungkook. I made his favorite dishes, starting a candlelight dinner to create a pleasant mood. 

It's been a while since we spent the night together, so I was hoping it would help him relieve some stress. In the end, I ate dinner alone that day, cause he was going to spend the night at the office.

---------------------------------------

''It's not like I can be mad at him. He is really working really hard and I can tell that his stressed.'' Chanhee nodded beside me as her hand lightly rubbed my back.

''You're just worried,'' she stated making me sigh.

''I can tell that he has lost weight already and he looks so tired from the lack of sleep. I just wish....he would rely on me more.''

''You know men are like that. They just don't want to worry us and act all tough. They do not prefer being vulnerable. No matter how cute we actually find it.'' Hearing Chanhee says that with a pout made it clear that she was talking about her husband. 

I glanced at her, she instantly knew what my eyes were asking causing her to sigh this time.

''Jaejin had it this one time as well. Being stressed about things at work, and things between him and his parents. Everything was pilling up on him yet he acted like he could handle it all on his own. It was frustrating to watch. We didn't see each other much either.''

To think they have been through that.

To me, the relationship between Chanhee and Jaejin always seemed like one of a fairy tale. No stepbacks or fights. I guess it's really normal after all.

''What did you do?'' 

I wonder if she just waited for it all to pass...

''I confronted him. We broke out yelling at each other.'' I was slightly taken aback hearing this. 

''In the midst of it all, I gave him a good slap in his face. I still remember how bad my hand was burning and how red his cheek became.''

S-Slapped? Chanhee actually slapped him?!

My hands instantly reached for her shoulders gripping them tightly.

''Y-You...actually slapped him?''

My sweet angelic Chanhee...What in the world?

''Yup, and then he cried. He started to spill all his worries on me from that moment. We made up and things got cleared up.''

''So....your advice is to go slap Jung-''

Her laughter interrupted me as she shook her head with tears. 

''No idiot. I'm just meaning to say that sometimes we need to pull out that vulnerable side they wanna hide so bad.''

That makes more sense, although slapping him wouldn't be a problem either.

''Was kinda looking forward to slapping him.'' I joked earning a good shove from her.

''But even so...I'm not confident I can help him with his problems.''

It's all just work related....How can I possibly be of any help?

''Because of his work? You see that is where he is wrong....and you too. It's not about whether you are able to actually help him with his workload. It's about being his listening ear, letting him vent all his frustrations, and just supporting him in other ways to help him mentally. Jungkook thinks that it won't do any good to let you get involved with his work, cause it will only be a bother since you won't be able to help. He doesn't realize that in moments like this... it's you he actually needs the most.''