Chapter 34

- Y/N's POV-

''I'm so sorry you got into this mess because of me'' Minseok spoke through the phone making me shake my head. 

''It's not your fault. I was just not being careful enough. But this will pass if both of us just release the truth. We'll just tell them honestly that we are childhood friends and that day we were just hanging out as friends. If they do their digging they will eventually see that we went to the same school together and in the same class. There is nothing to worry about'' I reassured hearing him slightly sigh. 

''But still, right now everyone is probably talking bad about you because of me'' he spoke making me smile.

''Ah, that doesn't matter. Once the truth gets released they will all know that they were wrong'' I spoke cheerfully. Minseok talked a bit more before ending the call. I couldn't help but notice the stares given to me as people passed me. 

''She is probably here to talk to her husband''

''That she has the nerves to come here. Isn't she ashamed of what she did?'' 

I ignored the unpleasant whispers as I made my way back to Jungkook his office. Once I entered he didn't even give a kick still focused on his work. Every time I look at him that thought just wouldn't go away.....Jungkook liked me...He really did? 

I made my way to the couch in his office taking my seat back again and just casually looking in front of me. I don't wanna touch my phone right now it's probably blowing up because of that rumor. I don't even wanna know if my boss texted me or not. 

I decided to just lay down waiting for time to pass, eventually I closed my eyes hoping to escape away from reality for a bit.

-----------------------------------------

Feeling something being placed over my body I opened my eyes locking with Jungkook his. He stopped his actions letting go of his jacket that he was putting over me. 

''I thought you were sleeping...I'm almost done'' he said making me just nod. I remained silent feeling my jaw go weak.

''Are you okay?'' He asked as he kneeled down beside me but I couldn't bring myself to talk. He sighed as he reached out to me his thumb wiping away a tear that rolled down my nose. 

''Why are you crying?'' He asked softly making me sniff.

''You're mad aren't you'' I spoke through soft tears seeing him look confused. 

''What? No'' he spoke making me shook my head. 

''You are. Ever since you called you have been talking so cold to me and not looking at me even once'' I mumbled through my sniffing noises before bringing his jacket up till my face slightly hiding. How embarrassing......What am I?  A child?

''I'm.....I'm not mad...it's just you looked comfortable...In the pictures with Minseok. Like you were having a great time. When you're with me you're never like that. With me....we only argue, get on each other's nerves or just like now.....I make you cry'' Jungkook spoke making me instantly remove the jacket away from my face. I'm not dreaming right. Jungkook really just said that...? He never....talked so openly about his thoughts to me. Both of us stayed silent just looking at each other as my tears dried up. 

''Come on let's go. I'll finish the rest at home'' he spoke before standing up again. My heart was beating like crazy. The way Jungkook looked at me just now....so gentle with such a soft smile. Something I never saw before. 

-------------------------------------

We made it to the house without any reporters following us. Luckily they weren't crazy enough to stall in front of our front door. That would be something.....

The car ride with Jungkook was silent and awkward like usual. It's not like he didn't try to talk to me it was more he was busy talking with the secretary about business.....so I just sat in the car quietly looking out the window. 

''Okay if you need me I'll be in the office'' Jungkook spoke the moment we both entered the house. Not even bothering to take off his jacket he already left heading to the office. Now I was just wondering how I would be killing my time.

------------------------------------------

Feeling the gentle waves of water splashing against my feet did me nicely. This wasn't a getaway but for some reason just being here at the pool...alone did help me clear my mind a bit. I just sat at the side with my legs in the pool enjoying the sound and feel of it. Dressed in a short sleeve summer dress that came midway my thighs, acting as if I was on vacation right now. 

''Maybe I should just move out of Seoul....'' I spoke out loud to myself. Maybe I should just get a divorce move out of Seoul and start from the beginning. No Jungkook....No Minseok....maybe that's for the best. But then again just thinking about leaving Minseok after founding each other it just didn't feel right. Also, the fact that I would have to break contact with Jungkook his parents was something I can't get over my chest. Looking at my reflection in the water Jungkook his face flashed through my mind. That cute smile of his with his soft gaze. 

I can't seem to let go of Jungkook either.....

''Jungkook.....'' I spoke softly under my breath. My heart jumped out of my chest hearing the glass door that separated the indoor pool being shoved open. Looking at Jungkook standing in the doorway with his swimwear on and a towel around his shoulder made me lose my breath. That's just creepy....the moment I say his name he appears. 

''Oh you're also here'' He spoke not even too surprised as he placed his towel down. Not even waiting for me to answer he dived into the pool splashing water all over my thighs. Seeing him reach the surface once again and combing his wet hair to the back our eyes met. 

''You're not coming in?'' He asked making me shake my head. I'm not gonna tell him I can't swim....I'm sure he will just laugh at me. 

''You know Y/N about earlier....I'm not mad. Really....the media is always just a pain in the ass. You did nothing wrong....both of you. You and Minseok both didn't do anything wrong. We will fix things so don't worry okay'' He spoke as he swam his way up to me. I could feel my heart once again beating rapidly and tears building in my eyes. Why is he being so nice? It's......not good for my heart. 

''You really don't wanna come in? It will take your mind off things. I always take a swim when I'm feeling stressed or things just getting too much'' he smiled as he tilted his head. 

I smiled while awkwardly shaking my head once again declining what he said.

''I...I can't swim'' I muttered ashamed ready to get my legs out of the pool and head back inside.

''I know'' Jungkook answered plainly making me arch my brows.

''Then why even bother aski-''

''I'll hold you'' He interrupted making me fall silent. 

''Nothing will happen...I will hold you. What do you think?'' He asked raising his hand above the water for me to hold.

-TBC-