Chapter 23

- Y/N's POV-

''Goodnight'' I spoke softly seeing Jungkook settle down in bed. I turned off the lights ready to head to the living room to get some sleep myself. 

''Come lay with me'' he spoke his voice coming out sleepy and low. Well if he says so...Why did I make such a deal? One because it means I will get my divorce without any drama from Jungkook.....and two I guess because seeing Jungkook like that and hearing him say those things....it reminded me of myself when my grandma was laying like that...Having no one to rely on it makes things...hard and lonely. A feeling you don't wish for anyone. Sure Jungkook has friends he can rely on, he has his mother, but those people are the ones you don't want to bother with your own burdens. Jungkook and I, we don't have such a bond so venting his problems to me it wouldn't feel like laying his burdens down by a friend. It will just feel like nagging to someone and if me helping him will make him feel less burdened then I guess I'll help out for this time........I almost wanted to laugh thinking like this. And people think I'm a bad guy. If I would be...I wouldn't do something like this. 

Without any protest, I walked up to the bed taking the spot beside him. This feels uncomfortable. My back was facing him but I noticed his presence getting closer to me. 

''It's cold...'' He muttered softly.

''Should I get an extra blanket?'' I proposed but he refused. His hand slipped around my waist making me turn to him as a reflex to stop him. 

''What are you do-'' 

I let out a small gasp feeling his other hand landing on my leg slipping under my nightgown caressing my thigh. He leaned in pressing his chest against mine while I had my hands rested there to push him away but with no luck. 

''I'm not gonna do anything'' He muttered in a sleepy voice before resting his head in my neck. I stopped struggling and noticed my heart beating loudly in my chest. My whole body was heating up because of him...touching me like this he has no manners.

''Your skin just feels nice....soft and warm'' he yawned before slowly closing his eyes. And I? I just laid there not closing an eye feeling his hands all over me and his breath tickling my neck.....

----------------------------------------------

Stretching my arm out I felt it collide with an icy item before a loud drop echoed through the room. I instantly opened my eyes noticing I knocked off a small ornament from the bedside table. I yawned as I half hang out of bed grabbing it from the floor and placing it back where it belongs. Finishing my task I noticed the spot beside me empty. No Jungkook just a pillow.

Before I could speak up muttering things to myself the bedroom door opened seeing Jungkook enter. He straightly walked up to the mirror as he was talking. He was clearly talking to someone and not to himself. Watching his movements I then noticed his in-ear and realized he was talking over the phone.

"I'll be leaving in a second. The meeting can stay scheduled no need to move it" he spoke while he tried to fix his tie. He was dressed in his suit, shoes on already and his hair neatly combed to the back. Ready to head to work.....

"Alright... See you in a bit. Bye," he ended his call with a sigh.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked slightly yawning as I got off the bed. He didn't respond, still struggling with his tie making me lift my eyebrows.

I stayed quiet as well as taking in his appearance. How annoyingly handsome he is..... I can't believe this bastard just goes ahead and breaks hearts for his own pleasure.

"Can yo-" before he could finish his sentence I was already near him pulling his tie once he turned around. He looked a bit stunned but I ignored his eyes focusing on me as I did his tie kinda feeling annoyed.

"How nice of you to ignore me" I spoke up hearing him chuckle. Once I was done I slightly pushed him back before walking away.

"I'll just take some medication and I'll be fine" he spoke. Once our eyes met a sly smirk appeared on his face while he crossed his arms following behind me.

"Worried?" he asked Leaning his body so our faces would meet.

"Only acting like I am. Acting like a good wife remember" I replied rolling my eyes shortly before walking towards the kitchen. He followed behind me only to grab his office bag from the counter. 

''I'll be going...bye'' he spoke as I gave him a short wave before turning my back to the fridge. Once I heard the door close I sighed while I stared at the inventory of my fridge. I took today off cause I thought he would be still sick....guess I have today all to myself then. 

-------------------------------------------

''Didn't see that one coming'' Chanhee commented before taking a bite of her sandwich. Having a day off of course came down to me crashing at my best friend her place. Once I told her the story of what happened between Jungkook and me, I finally realized that I really am an idiot. Such a stupid deal I put myself into. It's totally an advantage for Jungkook to only thing when it becomes useful to me is when his father recovers and I can get a divorce peacefully. 

''I'm such an idiot...'' I muttered to myself rubbing my forehead. Chanhee chuckled before standing up from her chair her hand carefully caressing my back. 

''No you're not'' she smiled to me.

''You know perhaps this is all meant to be don't you think?'' She asked making me instantly furrow my brows as I looked at her. 

''I'm talking about you meeting Jungkook after so many years. It truly is a big coincidence and not to forget that you guys ended up getting married. Like who would have thought! The two of you, your biggest bully from the past.'' The more she started to speak in an exciting way the more confused I got. 

''I'm not following'' I muttered glancing at the couch quickly to see if Minhyuk didn't wake up because of our loud voices. 

''Maybe you guys were destined to meet, honestly, I really think so'' she implied making me look at her in disbelief. 

''What are you trying to say here'' I asked offended. If she means that Jungkoook and I were destined to be together then I'm sure she just hit her head.

''Nooo, I don't necessarily mean in a romantic way. Let's face it Y/N you have been lingering a lot in the past which I don't blame you for. Perhaps you guys meeting again and being in this situation is a way that both of you will get to know each other more.....rely on one another and find peace. You'll be able to let go of your past.....of the bad memories you have with Jungkook and just move on with life. After the divorce of course,'' she explained making me fall silent. Does that even make sense? I do admit that why of all people did Jungkook and I have to meet after those years but still.....On the other hand, he did apologize for his past mistake...although even to this day I'm not quite sure if it was sincere. I'm going to be a fool for actually believing what she just said. 

''Maybe........'' I sighed not knowing how to reply. I noticed Chanhee opening her mouth to say something else but before she could speak my phone started ringing interrupting our conversation. Both of us looked at my phone who was liting up laying between us on the counter.

''Minseok?'' she spoke questioning why he would be calling and my face lit up. Without hesitation, I reached for my phone answering the call. 

-TBC-