Chapter 40

- Y/N's POV-

I can't believe it, 3 weeks have passed already. Most of my stuff was already moved to my grandma's house in Gwangju. I even took some days to revisit the orphan, getting to know everyone. It really hasn't changed it's still the way I remembered it. Everything for the project was pretty much done. Four days ago I stopped by with my boss to check on the pop-up store and seeing it actually come to life just made my jaw drop. Hearing how we worked together with JR Corporation made a lot of doors open for us and we already have new projects running together with other major companies. We really have to thank Jungkook for that. In about a week the official opening will be launched and I will be done here. I felt excited....it kinda feels like a vacation. Finally some rest, no work, no drama just some me time. 

''You still aren't done yet? I'm hungry'' I felt the hairs on my body rise as Jungkook snapped me out of my thoughts. His chin rested on my shoulder while I could feel his bare chest pressing up to me from behind. 

''It's almost done'' I nagged moving my eyes away from the scrambled eggs as I turned around. I felt my head heat up eyeing Jungkook his naked body, only a towel hanging around his waist.

Jungkook..... these past weeks. Just thinking about it made me sigh. He really wasn't joking when he said he wouldn't hold back about his feelings. Usually, people in a one-sided love take caution of the other person. Just like how Minseok is with me....but Jungkook. He just does what he wants. Somehow I'm not even surprised I guess that's just who Jungkook is. 

''Besides stop whining about breakfast when you're not even dressed yet'' I huffed turning myself back around to focus on the eggs. Feeling him instantly press himself against me made me lightly sigh. His hands wrapped around my waist hugging my tightly from behind, I could feel his breath fanning the back of my neck. I reached for one of his hands forcefully removing it from me.

''Don't touch me'' I spoke but knowing what was going to come I already sighed once again. He didn't hesitate to place his arm back around me completely ignoring what I said. 

''I want too'' He stated before placing his chin back onto my shoulder. 

That's how I have been living ever since he made that remark of not holding back. It's like having a 3-year-old cling onto me every time. Hearing his phone ring it was like being saved by the bell having him finally let go of me. I was finally able to finish my breakfast peacefully settling everything down on the table, while Jungkook headed to the bedroom answering his call.

His eyes instantly looked at me once he retrieved back to the livingroom a smile tugging on his lips. I don't know why he is smiling but seeing him finally dressed in clothes sure made me smile relieved.

''It was dad...'' Jungkook smiled as he took a seat. I could feel my heart lit up, I couldn't get enough hearing about his father. 2 weeks ago his father finally stabilized. He was able to talk and hear and most importantly he didn't lose any of his memories. The only downside was the fact that he lost the feeling in his legs but the doctors informed us that fortunately, it wasn't a permanent state. So right now Mr.Jeon is just focusing on resting a lot and getting exercises and treatment to help his mobility to walk again.

*Flashback*

''For now, everything is looking really good. Although he didn't speak yet and we aren't sure if he can hear us either but having him open his eyes like this is already a major turning point.'' We all nodded at what the doctor said. Both Mrs.Jeon and I were shedding tears seeing Mr.Jeon just awake like this seated on the bed it was a miracle. Apparently moving goes alright except for the part in his legs, but all he has done is look at the window. The doctors and nurses tried talking but he didn't respond to any of it. They are hoping that having us pay a visit might change some things.

''Honey....'' Mrs.Jeon called out as she made her way up to the bed. Jungkook and I both stayed behind observing if Mr.Jeon would react or not. 

''Can you hear me?'' She continued talking but by the looks of it....it didn't seem he could. 

''Honey'' Once again. Hearing her speak these words so gently and softly just made me tear up once again. I can just feel how much she loves him. A gasp escaped my mouth and Jungkook instantly took a step forward seeing Mr.Jeon turn his head.....He was looking at her. Everyone remained silent in the room, even the nurses. All of us focus on the scene in front of us yet another miracle. Looking from the side I noticed tears streaming down Mrs.Jeon her face as she leaned forward grabbing her husband's hands in her.

''Can you hear me, dear?'' She asked once again. My heart started to sting seeing tears form in his eyes, some slowly rolling down his cheek along with a short nod. 

''Dad!'' Jungkook called out from beside me running his way to the bed as well. I dried my tears joining him as well. Today was a happy day, a day full of hope. The three of us carefully placed our hands over his. Seeing more tears stream down just made everyone emotional. 

''Welcome back'' We smiled bringing love and laughter to the room.

*End Flashback*

Ever since that day, Mr.Jeon has been improving more and more until the state he is in today. 

I'll be moving away from here in about 2 weeks...Jungkook and I already had the talk with his parents.....regarding our divorce and to my surprise, the conversation ended up being just like the one I had before with Mrs.Jeon. So it's really going to happen. I'm finally getting a divorce.

''Ah, why did he call?'' I asked taking a seat at the table myself. 

''Telling me to pick up the dress my mom bought for you'' He stated before stuffing his mouth with food. Oh yeah.....In two days there will be yet another event, with all sorts of CEOs and important people attending like usual. As Jungkook his wife its only natural for me to attend as well.

- TBC-