Chapter 20

-Y/N's POV-

I just finished changing ready to hop into bed. It's almost 11 pm I'm sure Jungkook is going to stay at his parent's house again..... Why does it sound like I'm complaining? I mean this is what I want right? Mmm, maybe I'm just a bit worried...

My phone started ringing and as I looked at the caller ID I started to panic. Why would he be calling me?

"Hello" I greeted awkwardly answering my phone. I seated myself on the bed hearing him greet me back.

"I'm done with work so I'm going home now" he informed making me nod.

"Ah okay... I brought your mom home not too long ago, but she was really tired so I think she is already sleeping. So I would suggest not ringing the doorbell" I spoke trying my best to communicate more with Jungkook.

"You brought her home?" he asked making me hum.

"I wanted to take her mind off things so I took her out for the day" I explained.

"Thank you" I heard him say and somehow it made me smile. I really felt his sincerity.

"Ah, also the food... It was good thank you" he thanked me once again making me smile again.

"No problem. Like I said don't ring the doorbell." I mentioned wanting to end the call.

"Oh I'm on my way home I'm not going to visit my mom" Jungkook spoke making my eyes widen. With home he meant... Our house.

"Oh...then I guess I'll see you in a bit" I spoke softly. Both of us said our goodbyes before ending the call. Why did it feel so... Awkward yet nerve-racking and pleasant to have such a small conversation with him?

-----------

My fingers started to twitch feeling a hand brushing against the side of my face. My eyes stayed closed as I focused on the warmth of someone caressing me. It made me doze off back to when I was little. My grandma used to do this to help me sleep...It's been a long time since I felt the comfort of a person like this.

I slowly opened my eyes but once I did no one was there...

"Grandma?" I muttered softly as I lifted myself off the bed. Of course, I didn't get a reply the only thing greeting me was the darkness in the room along with some unknown sounds from the street. Moments like these made me realize....that I really am alone. My best friend has a loving husband and family which she can really on. All the people around have people like that even if they don't have a partner there is always their family which they can turn to. But for me......The only precious person I had which I could rely on and lay my worries down with was my grandma.....and she is no longer here.

I grabbed my phone looking at the time. My eyes widened a bit seeing that it's already 2 am I really did doze off. I got out of bed ready to head out to the living room. Perhaps Jungkook just went to his parent's house after all. That must be it. Once I opened the bedroom door my eyes shut tight due to the strong light blinding me. The lights in the living room and kitchen were on. I stood stunned on my spot for a second not seeing anyone....Don't tell....did someone break-in?

''Hello?'' I called out a bit softly as I took slow steps entering the room. Scanning around quickly I didn't see anyone. I absolutely hate this feeling. The truth is I'm actually a real scaredy-cat. I can't watch horror movies or anything like that cause I instantly get scared and won't be able to sleep. 

''Hello?'' Once again my voice came out small while I tried walking around. As I took some steps backward but as I did I felt a huge presence behind me making my heart starting to race and my hands beginning to sweat. At this point, I was even scared to turn around. What if it is the bulgar what if he is gonna kidnap me? Hoping that the presence would fade away I stayed on my spot my eyes shut tight and hands clenched into tight fists. When I heard movement and eventually a hand resting on my shoulder I broke out and let out a scream. 

''Stay away from me!'' I screamed with eyes closed as I tried to run away my hands violently flying through the air in order to protect myself. Once my wrist got grabbed tightly I opened my eyes only to be locking them with a confused Jungkook. 

''It's you'' I breathed through heavy breaths. Before he could say anything I felt my jelly legs giving up on me causing me to sink to the floor from relief. Thank god it was just Jungkook.

''Are you okay?'' He asked while he crouched down next to me his hand still holding my wrist. 

''I thought someone broke in...'' I explained ashamed. How embarrassing to be throwing such a fit in front of him. 

''Don't worry It's just me'' he spoke while releasing me and standing up. I stood up as well feeling the room beginning to feel awkward. I totally forgot that Jungkook is still annoyed with me about the whole situation. 

''I fell asleep on the bed......sorry'' Was all I said before quickly walking my way to the couch and laying down it. I grabbed the blanket and pulled it all the way up till my mouth as I closed my eyes feeling my face heat up. This was soo embarrassing....did I actually think someone broke in. Come on Y/N you're so stupid. 

------------------------------------------------------

Is Jungkook still sleeping? I stood in front of the bedroom door debating with myself if I should enter or not. I mean I have to get to the bathroom and get ready for work, but usually, Jungkook would already be gone heading to the company by this time. 

'''Just go for it'' I spoke to myself before placing my hand on the knob and opening the door. Once I entered the room I noticed shifting on the bed. 

''Jungkook?'' I questioned but I only heard small mutters coming from him. I walked up to the bed checking the situation....and it wasn't looking good. He was sweating like crazy, his eyebrows constantly furrowing while he kept on tossing and turning with small groans. Is he ill? 

''Jungkook?'' I asked again hoping my voice would reach him while I slightly shook his body. Once again no response. I opened the curtains letting some sun through to light up the room. Placing my hand on his forehead I noticed that he was really burning up. 

''Uhm okay wait here'' I spoke even though I wouldn't get an answerback. Minutes later I retrieved with a bowl of water and a towel to soak into it. 

''Jungkook wake up'' I spoke as I placed the wet towel onto his forehead lightly putting pressure on it. That's when his eyes began to open. They grew big once he saw me and he instantly shot up from his laying position.

'''How late is it? I need to go'' he spoke in a hurry ready to get off the bed, but I pushed him back. 

''You have a really bad fever you should stay home'' I commented but he shook his head. 

''I still have a lot of things to do'' he spoke once again trying to get up but I held him down. 

''The company won't go bankrupt with you not being there for one day'' I insisted. Is he crazy? He is burning up even if he would go I'm sure he wouldn't be able to work in this state.

''Why do you even care?'' He spoke stern his serious eyes trying to look into my mind. 

''Because yesterday when I was with your mom she asked me to take care of you. I promised her I would. So lay down'' I ordered a bit annoyed as I pushed his shoulders causing him to lay down again. 

-TBC-