Chapter 25

- Jungkook's POV-

Looking at the white ceiling laying comfortable on the couch. A glimpse of my mother her face hang above me while she smiled down at me caressing my hair as she did. It was a tiring day at the company and I decided to check on my mom before going back home. Being like this....makes me really feel like a child again.

''Did you visit dad today?'' I asked knowing the answer already. She shoots me a soft smile while nodding.

''Where is Y/N?'' she asked making me sigh a bit.

''Probably just at home'' I answered and for some reason, the look in my mother's eyes started to change. As if she was feeling guilty or sorry about something.

''Everything okay?'' I asked worried my hand reaching for hers placing it down on my chest.

''Jungkook-ah.....We are sorry...Your father and I...we didn't know that you didn't really love her. If we had known we wouldn't let you guys marry, cause you know we always wanted you to marry someone you love not because of economical reasons only.'' She spoke making my eyes widen. I got out of my laying position seating myself on the couch.

''Mom what are you talking ab-''

''I heard your conversation.......the day you and Y/N stayed over here...Your argument'' she spoke softly making me speechless. She heard us talking that day.....

''I'm sorry I should have said it earlier, but I......somewhere I hope that this marriage will work out. She is such a sweet girl and Jungkook-ah I'm just being honest with you. Your father and I really like her....she is a lovely daughter in law, but you know if this doesn't make the both of you happy then maybe we should have a talk and arrange a divorc-'' I grabbed my mom her shoulders trying to calm her down.

''Mom don't worry! I....I didn't love her that's true, but I am right now'' I spoke making her eyes widen.

''What?'' She questioned making me smile and speak slowly.

''I love Y/N..... she might not feel the same way but I will make this marriage work I promise. Don't worry you won't be getting someone else as your daughter in law'' I joked but my mother couldn't seem to smile.

''Jungkook-ah if her heart is beating for someone else you know that you can't do anything about it right?'' She asked me making me nod and reply.

''I know mom....''

-END Jungkook's POV-

----------------------------------------------

-Y/N's POV-

''We......have a complicated relationship'' I replied not knowing what I meant with it myself.

''From all the people you could have an arranged marriage with it's him'' Minseok chuckled dumbfounded before looking at the TV.

''Yeah.....'' I muttered softly not knowing what to say anymore. The air in the room started to feel heavy.

''Want some tea? I will be making some tea'' Minseok announced getting rid of the silence as he stood up.

''Oh yeah sure thanks!'' I replied standing up from the couch as well.

''Do you need help?'' I asked following behind him but he shook his head. He turned around probably not knowing that I was following him. Once he did I bumped into his hard chest only to feel his heavy body loosing balance and crashing into mine. Losing balance as well I felt my back land on the hard ground and my head colliding with closed eyes. I opened them only to be staring back into Minseok his dark eyes. His hands resting at the side of my head supporting himself so his weight wouldn't crush my body.

''Are you okay?'' He asked making me reply with a nod. How awkward.......

''Minseok-a''

''I love you Y/N.'' The moment those words left his mouth I could feel my face turn red in an instant. I did not hear that correctly right?

'''What?'' I blushed bright red bringing my hands to my face wanting to hide.

''When we were little I loved you. That's why even though I wasn't fast or strong no matter who bullied you I was there to stood up for you....to protect you. When you moved abroad I thought I forgot about you, but I noticed myself going through our childhood pictures a lot. You always seem to linger on my mind......When my mom passed the first person I thought about was you. Thinking.....if you would be by my side then those days wouldn't have been that hard...'' Hearing his sudden confession I felt my heart race but at the same time, it made me tear up. I never knew that I could mean so much to someone.

''Minseok....'' I spoke softly my hand reaching for his cheek beyond my control. I don't even know why I was doing that.

''I meant what I said....that day of the event.'' My thoughts instantly turned to that day and remembering clearly what he said.

''I never forgot our promise Y/N and I never forgot about you. I want to marry you.....I still do''

''Minseok I.....'' I didn't know what to say truly. I'm grateful for his feelings towards me but right now I can not respond to them yet. Before I could say anything else he got off me reaching out his hand to help me up.

''I love you Y/N I just want you to know that. I know that the position that you're in makes it hard, but my feelings won't change. You can give me a reply when you want too'' he smiled and it made my heart sink. Why do I feel like a bad guy?

''Your face is totally red'' he laughed making me gasp.

''That's your fault! With your sudden confession,'' I whined trying to hide my face only to hear him laugh more.

''Did it make your heart race?'' He questioned. I lifted my hands in the air ready to hit his chest feeling embarrassed but before I could strike him his hand wrapped around my wrist pulling me close to him.

''I'm not the weak chubby kid from our childhood anymore. I'm a man now'' he spoke with a slight smirk tugged on lips.

------------------------------------------------

''Omg can't believe he confessed!!'' Chanhee practically screamed through the phone as I entered the kitchen of my own house. Seeing Jungkook standing there looking right at me made me freeze for a second. It almost seemed as if he was waiting for me.

''I'll call you later'' I spoke before ending the call. Before I could even take another step he started to question me.

''Where were you?'' He asked making me sigh. Be a good wife Y/N.

''At a friend's place'' I answered but by the look on his face, he wasn't buying it.

''Who?'' He asked starting his interrogation.

''Chanhee. Now will you stop with the questions you're not my mom'' I nagged but why did it seem that he was in such a bad mood. Clearly he wasn't sick anymore.

''Instead of all those questions how about a thank you for taking care of you when you were sick but I guess that's too much to ask for'' I continued my nagging as I walked my way towards the bedroom door wanting to take a shower and get some sleep. I felt his presence approach me but before I could react his hand already took a grip on the phone in my hand. Our eyes met briefly before he pulled it out of my hand. Smart me doesn't have a lock on my phone so it only took seconds for him to unlock it. 

I instantly jumped my way towards him ready to snatch my phone back but no success.

''Jungkook give it ba-'' I stopped my sentence noticing him standing frozen on his spot and the amused smile he had turned into a thin line, his jaw clenched. 

''Thank you for the amazing night. Sweet dreams and I will call you tomorrow'' Jungkook spoke....more like read out loud. He lowered the phone giving me a clear view of his face as I remained silent on my spot. 

''Minseok sends it just now'' He spoke and I could tell  by the annoyed expression on his face.....that I'm in trouble. 

-TBC-