Chapter 50

- Y/N's POV-

''What?'' Jungkook questioned hearing my sudden chuckle. 

''Nothing....just our car rides were never this noisy'' I implied feeling his thumb caressing the top of my hand while the other one was gripping the steering wheel tightly, his eyes remained focused on the road but I noticed the soft smile appearing on his face.

''Yeah...I never really knew what to say'' He muttered softly causing me to nod my head. 

''Me neither'' I guess both of us were really cautious of what to say to one another not knowing if we would start an argument or hit a nerve, but right now. It didn't matter cause we know where our feelings lay. I noticed his eyes briefly looking at my hands before focusing back on the road and somehow.....his eyes started to turn sad.

''Are you okay?'' I asked carefully, looking down at my hands as well.

''Ah, it's just.....it kinda pains me to see that you're not wearing our wedding ring'' Hearing that sentence alone a sense of guilt washed over me. Jungkook was wearing the wedding ring, I'm sure there wasn't even one day where he wouldn't wear it. 

''Oh...I gave it to your mom before I left'' I spoke seeing him nod his head. 

''It's okay, I mean I wasn't expecting you to keep it when you left'' he replied. His face turned to me and his hand let go of mine only to lightly pinch my cheek. 

''So don't start feeling all guilty'' he chuckled before pulling his hand back and attaching it to the steering wheel. 

--------------------------------------

''I'm just...so sorry for all the confusion I have caused'' I bowed but before I knew it Mrs. Jeon pulled me into a tight embrace, the sound of her sniffing away her tears made even me tear up. 

''Don't apologize. You made a great decision I'm just so happy that your end decision was this.'' She muttered under her breath, her hug only appearing to become tighter as  I nodded my head. 

''It would have been a hassle indeed if the media got involved, but luckily all they think is that you just went on a trip. So don't you worry nothing has changed. You can just come back and everything will go back to normal'' Hearing Mr. Jeon his words it really comforted me. 

''Thank you'' I smiled finally I'm setting everything right. I called Chanhee earlier breaking the news and she seemed to be jumping a hole in her ceiling. I also had a long conversation with Minseok, before we came to Jungkook his parent's house we stopped by at his place. The only people I didn't tell yet that I was coming back, is my boss but I'll inform him soon. 

------------------------------------------

Laughter danced around the room as the four of us were enjoying dinner. Seeing my phone lit up my eyes slightly widened noticing the caller ID. It's my mom......

''I spoke with her this morning... I guess she finally called you. You should pick it up'' Jungkook spoke from beside me. I took my leave making my way to the hall before answering it. It's time to properly end things. 

''Hello,'' Why did my voice came out so soft?

''Y/N, I heard from Jungkook this morning. Why he ended the contract with our company'' She began. Not even a greeting, just straight up getting to the point. 

''Yeah....'' Was all I could say before silence fell. A sigh left her mouth as I waited for her to say something. 

''What should I do with you? You're really giving me a headache'' She asked. Of course, I was starting to get annoyed but at the same time...I was calm.