Chapter 13

- Y/N's POV - 

I seriously dislike those silent/awkward car rides with Jungkook. That's why I insisted on going by myself. I noticed that there was a bag on my side on the car ground. Glancing at it Jungkook suddenly spoke up.

''It's for you, get dressed in that. You can't go to our dinner in work attire'' He spoke and looking at him I noticed that he was dressed up neatly as if attending a party. It's just dinner. We stopped by a gas station where I could change in the bathroom before proceeding to his parent's home. Once I stepped in the car I noticed Jungkook glancing at me from head to toe. It was just a black fitted cocktail dress that reached just above my knees. Luckily I could wear my black heels with it that I also wore to work. 

'''Does it fit well?'' He asked as he started the engine making me nod. 

''Your mom really knows my size well'' I smiled while putting on my seat belt. His mom is always so nice to me. Always gifting me things...

''This time I bought it. I didn't know your size so just took what I thought would fit'' He spoke as we started driving again making me fall silent for a bit. 

''Ah....thanks'' I spoke softly.

''Oh and during tonight's dinner can you please just.....'' Hearing him say that I arched my brows.

''Just what?'' I questioned as I already started crossing my arms

''Keep quiet. I think it's best if you only talk when they ask you things. I don't want you to say unnecessary things about our marriage.'' he finished making me chuckle.

''Sure...whatever you want'' I replied shortly. Jungkook really doesn't know me. Unnecessary things? You just wait and see.

-----------------------------------

''Didn't I tell you, mom, that she is very pretty'' Jungkook's mother began as we all settled at the dining table. Luckily Chanhee was right and Jungkook his grandma is such a cute lovely little grandma. She is really sweet and on top of that very funny. 

''She indeed is a perfect match for my Jungkookie'' His grandma smiled brightly at me making me smile as well. 

''Thank you'' I slightly bowed while shooting a small wink. 

''Oh Mrs. Jeon thank you for the gift!'' I exclaimed with a smile while showing her the necklace I was wearing. She instantly started smiling while clapping her hands.

''Ah do you like it? I didn't really know what to get, but once I saw this it felt right. So I bought it for you'' She explained making me soft.

''I absolutely love it'' I smiled gently seeing her eyes get teary. 

''Right Y/N tell us about what Jungkook planned for your birthday'' His dad suddenly brought up while sounding very curious. 

''I asked him multiple times to tell me, but he told me he wanted to keep it a secret as best as possible from you'' his father explained making me tilt my head. 

''A surprise?'' I questioned and immediately felt Jungkook who was sitting next to me lightly elbow me. His mother was sitting across of me and next to her her husband, while his grandma was seated at the head of the table on Jungkook and his father's side. 

''Yeah you know.....that surprise'' Jungkook spoke to me while he widened his eyes as if he wanted to tell me something else. I'm not stupid so I clearly know that Jungkook apparently lied to his dad that he had a surprise planned for me on my birthday, and now wants me to lie for him to make his dad believe it.  I shook my head as I looked at Jungkook seeing his face turn blank.

''No idea what you're talking about sweetheart'' I smiled before looking back at his dad.

''Jungkook?'' his dad asked and I could notice Jungkook stiffen in his seat. 

''I...I forgot about it. These past days I have been focussing so much on the compan-''

''How can you forget if you already planned it days before?'' Hearing his dad ask something like that really puts Jungkook in a corner. I noticed how he was at this point clueless on what to say making me smile. This is what happens if you order me to sit like a doll next to you and only talk when asked something. 

''It's your wife her birthday Jungkook! You don't just forget something like that. Have you ever seen me forget about your mother's birthday with all the work I have on my back? I think you're just putting on an excus-''

''Ah Mr. Jeon it's okay really! I had a fun birthday and he at least bought a cake for me and watched my favorite drama with me, so it's okay. It's not all about big gifts and surprises'' I lied to calm his father down. I don't want to ruin this dinner for his mother and grandma. His father sighed before showing me a gentle smile.

''My son should be grateful having such an understanding wife like you'' he spoke making me smile proudly. I turned my head to Jungkook this time my smile turning into an evil smirk. 

''Oh I'm sure he is. Isn't that right....darling'' I asked obviously triggering a nerve. 

''Of course'' he smiled back through gritted teeth. Shortly after dinner came and we all started digging in while getting lost in conversations. The tension from before started to fade away, but Jungkook remained silent most of the time. 

''So tell me you two when are you guys planning on granting me a grandchild?'' Jungkook his grandma started joking making me smile politely. 

''Jungkook and I are still young so we want to take it slowly. We both have things to focus on at the moment so getting a child immediately perhaps isn't the smartest move right now'' I informed before Jungkook would state something ridiculous. 

''Not only are you pretty but a wise one as well'' His grandma winked making me blush and thank her. The dinner continued with a fun atmosphere and soon night fell.

''How about you guys stay over tonight? It's late already and it's been a while since Jungkook stayed home'' Mrs. Jeon spoke as the maids came to get rid of all the leftovers and dirty dishes. To be honest, I wouldn't mind staying over, the problem is Jungkook and I will be put in one room together forcing to share a bed. And after the move, I pulled today I'm pretty sure putting us in one room together is gonna trigger a slight discussion. 

''Sounds great mom. I really do miss home as well'' Jungkook smiled before I could find an excuse to get away from here. 

''Well thank you, my children, for the lovely dinner, but this grandma needs some rest right now. I will see you guys tomorrow'' Jungkook's grandma smiled before walking towards the stairs with Mr. Jeon hurrying his way to escort her to her room. 

''You guys must be tired as well. Go ahead and get some rest. I'm sure Jungkook's room will do just fine for the two of you'' She smiled fondly before taking some plates to help out the maids. Jungkook already turned his back ready to walk away until I spoke up. 

''I'm going to help out your mothe-'' Before I could finish my sentence he turned around with a sharp glare in his eyes as his hand wrapped around my wrist, right now he was giving off such a gloomy aura. 

''You are coming with me'' He spoke in a low tone before pulling me with him towards his bedroom.

-TBC-