Chapter 8

-Y/N's POV-

It fell silent between the two of us as I kept on staring at the ground. 

''You know what...I don't really feel well perhaps it's better if I just go hom-'' 

''Just make sure to stay by my side the whole night'' Jungkook interrupted. His hand already took a grip on my wrist ready to drag me with him. I held my ground pulling my hand back and Jungkook slightly with it catching his attention. 

''It's okay. I don't want to bother you'' I replied but seeing him sigh wasn't really the reply I was expecting. 

''If you go home now my parents will think we had a fight and I don't wanna hear them nag to me about it for the rest of the evening'' he spoke making me sigh this time. 

''Just tell them I'm not feeling well'' I spoke back. I honestly don't know why he is making it so hard. Seeing him turn his head I noticed that he no longer wanted to talk about this topic. A lot of people started clapping seeing Jungkook his parents getting on the little stage at the front ready to welcome the guest and give a little speech. Focussing on the two of them I completely forgot about Jungkook until I felt him slipping his hand in mine.

''Just stay. Come on it's gonna start'' he spoke softly while pulling me gently along with him to his friends. 

--------------------------------------

The speech was over and right now the party has begun. Music got played while people started to get lost in talks or dancing. 

''Hello beautiful lady, I hope you still remember me'' Jungkook his best friend kindly introduced himself while bowing with a bright smile. He really is a bright person. We have met before when I went to the company to bring something, but that was quite a while back. I smiled while scrunching my face trying to remember his name. 

''Cha...Chanwoo was it?'' I asked not so sure myself but seeing him do a little jump from excitement made me chuckle.

''You remember!'' he exclaimed making me smile.

''How can I not? Your bright personality left a great impact on me'' I slightly laughed seeing him smile from my response. 

''I wish my wife would feel like that too'' he pouted making me tilt my head. Before I could even ask what he meant he already started to explain himself. 

''You see, she is pregnant right now and of course, I'm really really happy, but her mood swings are no joke. Every day I have to wear an apron and do whatever she tells me to do like a maid if I don't want to get her grumpy'' he spoke in a pouting way as he hangs his shoulders low. To me, it seemed that of course, it did bother him a bit, but not as if he really disliked his wife because of it. 

''Oh my congratulations. My best friend recently gave birth to a baby boy. Believe me, it might be a nuisance right now, but you will get something great in retur-''

A loud cough from Jungkook made both of us stop talking and focus our attention on him. 

''I thought someone wanted to go home'' He spoke making me fall silent from disbelief.

''I thought someone wanted me to stay'' I spoke back and just looking at him right now I could already feel the little lightning strikes between our glaring. 

''I think someone is just jealous that we are getting along'' Chanwoo interrupted making me try to hold in my laughter. Jungkook his icy expression turned towards his friend making him cower away. 

''I think I should have just kept my mouth shut'' he muttered softly in a cute way.

''Perhaps I am jealous'' Jungkook spoke making both his friend and I fall silent. Did he really just say that. His eyes kept on being locked with mine and I could feel myself starting to become nervous. 

''Chanwoo how come you never tell those stuff to me? She lets you wear an apron?'' Jungkook spoke causing Chanwoo to laugh but I still kept quiet. He obviously tried to make me think that he was jealous of Chanwoo.....why is he acting like this. 

----------------------------------------------------------

''I'll be going to the restroom'' I spoke quietly before walking away. I honestly don't get Jungkook. He wants me to stay so his parents won't think anything happened between us, but when I stay he doesn't like it because I get along with his friend. There wouldn't be a problem if he just lets me go home and tell his parents that I wasn't feeling well.

I sighed as I washed my hands before looking at myself in the mirror. My hands reached for Jungkook his blazer that was still resting on my shoulders. I seriously don't get him....did he really change? Or is he still the Jungkook I used to know when we were kids?

As I walked my way through the hall ready to find my way back to the party room I stumbled a bit as my eyes widened. I stood frozen in one spot stunned by what I was seeing. Was I just imagining this? Or is it really him? It seemed he was doing the exact same thing, his expression was shocked seeing me. As if our eyes were both fooling us. 

''Y/N?.....It really is you!'' My heart stopped for a second when I came to a realization that this isn't a dream at all. 

''M-Minseok!'' I exclaimed from happiness. I couldn't believe he was here. It really is him. Before I knew it my feets started bringing me towards him at full speed looking at him smiling with open arms. It didn't take long before my body was pressed against his, both of us embracing each other tightly. 

''I can't believe it really is you'' I spoke happily feeling him slowly starting to break the hug.

''Look at you Y/N. It has been so many years ago since you moved.....you really are a woman right now'' He spoke stunned while taking in my appearance. I smiled shyly before pointing at him. 

''I could say the same to you. What happened to your glasses and your high voice'' I spoke earning some laughter from him. 

Minseok is my childhood friend.......you could also say my childhood crush. We were classmates and Minseok always helped me out when Jungkook would bully me. He was the only one who would stand up for me and be by my side. During those times our bond started to grow and we became very close. The last time I saw Minseok was back when I was 12, the day I was leaving to go abroad. We made a promise that day.....That when we get older we would marry each other. I don't even know if he still remembers that promise.

Ever since I got back here I haven't seen him once. There were many times when I wanted to reach out to him and try to get his phone number to give him a call, but I thought perhaps during the years I was away he had already forgotten about me...I just didn't want to bother him. 

''You're quite cruel aren't you'' He suddenly spoke and hearing the sad tone in his voice started to make me feel guilty.

''Although you promised you would marry me.....You ended up marrying that guy'' Hearing his words I fell silent. I could tell by his facial expressions that just mentioning Jungkook annoyed him till the bones. 

-TBC-