Chapter 42

- Y/N's POV-

My eyes were closed but even then the strong light shining through the windows hurt. I let out a small groan as I turned to my other side, my back now facing the window. Hearing small steps enter the room I slowly opened my eyes. They locked with a shocked Jungkook freezing on his spot. 

''You're going?'' My voice came out soft and combined with a yawn as I pushed myself in a seating position. Ever since that day, Jungkook has been sleeping on the couch. Today was the day of the event, but it seemed Jungkook had some other plans beforehand.

''I have some stuff to work on at the office'' His back was facing me as he adjusted his tie in the mirror. I just nodded not knowing what to say. 

''I'll head towards the event from there. So I'll see you tonight.'' Without pretty much nothing else to stay he left the room. I plopped myself back onto the bed, rolled onto my back, my eyes focusing on the white ceiling above me. 

He has been distant ever since that moment. I guess his determination to not give up on me....disappeared.  

---------------------------------------

Ah, I always forgot how it felt to be attending these types of events. The feeling of being out of place. Basically this event was being held by a company that recently started a campaign for child protection. This is a way for everyone to gather, get some more intel, enjoy some drinks and food, meet new people, and most importantly. Get as many companies as possible to join the campaign. 

Looking around I was searching for people I might know.....Who am I kidding I don't know anyone I was just looking for Jungkook. Unfortunately because of his father's state, his parents decided to stay home for tonight. That's why Jungkook as the currently known CEO of JR Corporation has to attend instead and I as his wife has to be here as well. 

''He told me he would be here....'' I muttered to myself. My eyes scanning around as my hands held nervously on to my wine glass. I could feel certain eyes scanning me even from the moment I walked in. If it's not because of the dress then it's probably because they are wondering who I came with. 

I cleared my throat locking eyes with an elderly couple scanning me from head to toe. Breaking the eye contact I looked away adjusting the strap of my dress that seemed to be slipping off a bit. The dress hugged my waist tightly all the way down to my ankles with a slit at the side of it. Thin straps rested on my shoulder with a deep cut in the back, at the front it had a higher neckline covered in crystal rhinestones accentuating the classic black color of the dress.

''Hello, beautiful'' A whisper came from beside me. I turned around in shock but my tense body instantly started to relax seeing Minseok. Man, how happy was I to see a familiar face.

''You made me almost spill my wine'' I nagged causing him to reply to me with a sweet chuckle. 

''Sorry, wouldn't want to ruin your beautiful dress'' He bowed like addressing a lady back during the medieval time period. 

''I didn't know you got invited'' I smiled seeing him nod. 

''I didn't. My boss did and as his secretary, it's normal for me to attend, just like how you always have to tag along with Jungkook for these types of events...Speaking of him..'' I noticed Minseok scanning around searching for Jungkook as well. 

''Ah...He left early in the morning because he had some things to work on. He told me we would meet here but I think he didn't arrive yet'' I informed making him stop his search. 

''Oh....'' It fell silent for a bit as I just sipped on my wine looking at the people around us. 

''So how do you feel about moving? Nervous?'' Minseok's hands reached for an appetizer on the table next to us. He didn't hesitate to shove the cranberry brie bite into his mouth moaning from the delicious flavor. 

''Mmm...Kinda excited I think, but I'll miss it here'' I admitted seeing him nod as he tried his best to chew quickly. 

''I'm sure the people here will miss you too, but hey we will visit! So don't you worry'' His hand landed on my shoulder as he smiled down to me. I couldn't help but laugh leaning in with my free hand that wasn't holding my wine glass firmly.

''You got some...'' I pointed out wiping my thumb against the side of his lip getting rid of the stain of brie. 

''Ah, thanks....'' I noticed his cheeks turning into a slight pink color as he looked away. He is just adorable. Both of us got interrupted hearing a phone go off. Noticing Minseok fishing into his pockets it appeared to be his. 

''Yes,'' he answered the phone his eyes instantly scanning around the big event room while he pulled his hand away from my shoulder. 

''Ah yes, I'll be there in a bit'' 

''Your boss?'' I questioned seeing him nod. I didn't want him to leave...I would feel awkward again. 

''I'll have to go but I'll come to find you when I'm not needed anymore'' He spoke making me nod. My gaze shifted back to my wine glass and that's when I noticed Minseok leaning in towards me. A gentle smile tugging on his lips while his eyes softened looking at mine. 

''I know they seem scary, but try to make some small talk with people. They are not all filthy rich people'' He grinned. I felt my lips curl into a smile and the feeling of being encouraged. 

''Thanks...I'll try my best'' I replied reassuring him as he took his leave.

---------------------------------------

I leaned my elbow on the balcony railing looking at the sky. It was starting to turn dark. Being inside I kinda felt suffocated and escaped my way to the big balcony with glass windows guiding back to the event hall. 

''Where are you.....'' My voice came out soft talking to myself. It has been an hour already. Where is Jungkook? I could call him...but I don't wanna feel like I'm burdening him. 

''Getting some air?'' A voice asked from behind. It wasn't Jungkook and not Minseok either. It was a voice I never heard before. Looking over my shoulder I locked eyes with deep dark brown orbs. A smile appeared on the male his face greeting me. My eyes watched him close the door behind me blocking out the noise coming from inside. He made his way next to me looking at the view in front of us. He was tall....really tall and well build. Wide shoulders and strong arm muscles visible through his tuxedo. His hair was long and black, jet black combed to the back. He turned his face looking at me with once again a smile and at that moment I noticed myself staring at him. 

''Y/N right? You're Jungkooks wife if I'm not mistaken'' He spoke. His hand reached out towards me indicating a friendly handshake. I felt a bit shocked hearing him say this...Never thought people would actually know me.

I carefully reached out feeling a bit suspicious, the moment my hand held his, a tight grip was formed coming from his large hands.

''I'm Kuroo. Tetsurou Kuroo'' He introduced. My eyes instantly widened hearing his name. 

-TBC-

Have you guys already seen my video preview edit for chapter 47? Please Chek it out! I really wanna know what you guys think! The link is on my wall and otherwise just check out my Instagram account:

Writingfairy_JRoekie