My thoughts

So a while ago I kinda asked the readers on Inkitt who they want y/n to end up with (Jungkook or Minseok) and stating their reason why. After reading those I kinda got the impression that some people were interpreting the story in a way it wasn't intented too (which is okay!)
So I decided to share my own thoughts on the story and noticed that it did make things clearer for some of them. So I decided I would post those thoughts on here as well 😊✌🏻

So after reading about how you guys interpret the story so far, some of you might wonder (or none) then what was the author thinking when she wrote these chapters. Well here are my thoughts. 

First of all yes, this story is labeled as a Jungkook x Reader story. So I'm sure most of you guys will be like 'this means Jungkook and the reader will end up together' at first this was also how I wrote my stories. It was about that couple and their road to coming together as a couple. As for this story, there is a reason its called 'Hard to love' Sure it's a Jungkook x Reader story but for this story, it means that Jungkook and the reader are just the main characters and their road to finding love (which doesn't necessarily have to be them together) Now of course I won't be spoiling anything this doesn't mean that Y/N and Jungkook won't end up together but it also doesn't mean they will. Who knows perhaps the reader ends up with Minseok, or maybe someone else or who knows nobody. I don't want to make this story super obvious and cliche. 

Here are my thoughts on the story so far. 

THE READER

Yes Y/N Is married to someone she knows from her past which happens to be her past bully. Someone she doesn't have fond memories off. So it's only natural that during their short period of being married there were many difficulties, especially cause y/n only decided to marry to get acknowledge by her parents who eventually abandoned her. 

So y/n  makes it very clear that she has no interest in her current husband Jungkook and is willing to do everything to get a divorce. But not wanting to hurt her parents in law she wants this to settle from both sides and tries to come with an understanding with Jungkook. As shown in the story y/n isn't someone who is scared of showing her feelings and letting Jungkook know how she thinks about stuff. A lot of times when with Jungkook she becomes ill-tempered and makes clear about the grudges she holds against him because of their past. 

fast forward Jungkook does apologize for his past mistakes and shows sides to y/n which convinces her that he has truly changed and she shouldn't linger onto the past. But does this necessarily mean that Jungkook instantly becomes a better person? Does this mean that she should just try to make this marriage work? If recalling correctly. y/n made one thing clear to Jungkook after he apologized. '

''I'll forgive but I won't forget''

Just because someone apologized to you for something they did and you forgave them doesn't mean it's all good. Depending on the situation for some people it's harder to forget about it than others, but you see that the person has really changed so you forgive them.

Does that make y/n immature? Does it make her mean or selfish thinking like that? 

Along with the chapters, y/n and Jungkook do seem to develop a good bond together and after the accident with his father, she decides to support him in any way that she can due to pity. She sees him struggle and hurting and being someone who had a hard past she knows how it feels and doesn't want him to feel like that. 

Does this mean that y/n is starting to develop feelings for him? Wanting to be by someone's side and take care of that person...is that necessarily love? 

During the story, you also seem to find y/n struggling with her feelings/thoughts about Jungkook not knowing if it's actually love or not.