Chapter 32

- Y/N's POV-

I carefully opened the door watching my step as I entered the house. The first thing that caught my eyes was the lights in the living room still being on. I thought Jungkook said he was going to sleep....

Without saying a word I entered the house scanning my surroundings...doesn't seem like he went to bed. I placed my keys on the countertop my eyes focusing on the sound of water splashes. I looked over to the living room my eyes focusing on the glass door that led from the living room to our indoor swimming pool. Focusing my eyes I could see a figure in the pool and I didn't have to think twice about where Jungkook could be. 

The only reason why we have that swimming pool is for Jungkook in the first place. Due to the trauma, I got when I was little I never really learned how to swim. I grabbed my bag heading into the bedroom to take a shower and get ready to end the night. 

------------------------------------------

Pouring myself something to drink I heard the door slide open. 

''Oh, you're home already'' Jungkook spoke seeing me. I just nodded as I placed the bottle of the drink back in the fridge. 

''Yeah I saw you swimming so didn't want to bother you,'' I spoke implying the reason why I didn't announce when I got back home. 

''I......have good news'' He suddenly spoke making me look at him. Seeing a nervous smile appear on his face as he ruffled his still wet locks with his towel. 

''Dad......he opened his eyes today'' He spoke and right that moment the glass in my hand slipped out of my grasp on to the floor. Both of us instantly shocked by my actions kneeling to the floor to clean the mess.

''Really?!!'' I questioned stopping my actions. Jungkook also stopped both of kneeled down in front of each other taking this information in. He looked at me shooting a soft smile as he nodded.

''The hospital called 2 hours ago informing me about it. So as soon as visiting hours are open tomorrow I will go visit him with my mom'' he spoke making me nod. 

''Can I come...?'' I asked carefully. For some reason now that Jungkook and I are planning on actually getting a divorce I....don't really feel like I have the right to meddle with his family issues, but his parents still mean a lot to me.

''Don't you need to go to work?'' He asked making me look at the glass piece in my hand. Perhaps he doesn't want me to go with them...

''Ah.....you're right...With the project coming to an end and all perhaps I should just go to work right....'' I spoke awkwardly nodding my head. Silence fell as I collected the shattered pieces laying around the floor while Jungkook cleaned the liquid substance.

''I mean....if you want you can come, as long as it is okay if you miss out on work'' Jungkook spoke making me look back at him. 

'''Really? Ah my boss won't mind....then I'll come with you tomorrow'' I spoke softly seeing him nod. Making my way up to the trash can to get rid of the mess I heard Jungkook clear his throat by the sink. 

''So.....are you and Minseok dating right now or...?'' He asked making me freeze on the spot. 

''What? No'' I responded dumbfounded. I turned around seeing his eyes widen out of shock. He was looking at me in a confused way before scratching the back of his neck. 

''Isn't that the reason why you wanted to divorce? So you could be with him?'' He asked making me once again feel dumbfounded. Where is he getting this from?

''No.....'' I responded noticing his expression stiffen. 

''Then why?" He asked making me fall silent for a bit. 

''Because....Because I want to be with someone that I love'' I stated seeing him nonchalantly dry his hair with his towel. 

''Which is who?'' he asked once again and this time it made me groan loudly.

''I don't know. Someone! What's with all the questions? I could ask you the same thing. Why are you suddenly okay with getting a divorce?'' This time I did the asking but looking at his expression he didn't seem to mind at all. 

''Because I thought you wanted to be with Minseok'' he spoke making me once again fall silent.....What? What does that even mean...

''I'm getting cold so I'm gonna chang-'' As he walked past me I grabbed his arm stopping him before he could leave.

''What.....'' I muttered softly my eyes focusing on my hand that was grasped around his muscular arm. 

''So there is not a girl....?'' I questioned softly only to see Jungkook looking at me in confusion.

''What?'' He spoke making me release his arm. 

''So...So you don't want to divorce me because of a girl you like. It's because you think I want to be with Minseok'' I made clear causing him to chuckle.

''A girl I like? Who would that be'' He laughed but I just stood stunned in shock. I don't get this. I don't get Jungkook, I don't get these feelings I feel for him and its frustrating, it's annoying and making me go crazy. 

''Then....what if Minseok wasn't here. Would you still agree to the divorce?" I asked seeing him rub the nape of his neck. 

''I would be more stubborn of letting you go'' he responded making me scoff. 

''Why?'' I asked only to see him laugh while looking at me. 

''What's wrong with you? Does it even matt-''

''Why......''  I spoke again. Noticing how Jungkook his smile was fading away I started to feel tension in the room. 

''Because if Minseok wasn't here perhaps there was still a shot for me. Why does it even matter Y/N? We are gonna get a divorce, you can finally live on your own, live your life how you want too. Not controlled by your parents and marry someone who you love. That's what you want right?'' He spoke and I could feel my heartache that moment. Why did it hurt to hear him say that? Perhaps I'm in love with Jungkook after all. I don't know.........

''Jungkook......Do you like me?'' Somehow I managed to get that bold question leaving my mouth. 

''I liked you. That's past tense......I'm gonna go now'' he spoke before turning his back on me slipping into the bedroom. 

Did he like me? Jungkook? No way....When? I never really got the impression that he liked me. He was always so cold-hearted towards me. Is that just how he acts towards someone he likes? I paused my thoughts thinking about that night. The night Jungkook was drunk....he did say he liked me but....at that time I just thought he what saying all kinds of nonsense because of the alcohol....No way....did he really like me back then?

--------------------------------------------------

''As you guys can see he opened his eyes quite often, but no other movements or talking yet. Looking at how it's going right now we are thinking that in about 2 weeks from now he will fully gain consciousness again, only then can we run some tests to see how the damage to his brain has taken it. If he still remembers things or still able to perform as he used to'' the doctor explained making everyone in the room nod. Even Mr. Jeon his secretary came with us today. It's an important day....a day all of us began to see hope. 

Mrs. Jeon started to shed tears as she held her husband his hand with a smile on her face. 

''Take your time dear, we are here for you'' she sobbed while looking at her husband who was just looking at the ceiling in front of him not moving or talking. 

-TBC-