Chapter 22

- Y/N's POV-

I awkwardly got out of the chair looking at a half-naked Jungkook standing in the doorway. By the looks of it, he just got out of the shower, a towel wrapped around his waist and his wet hair partly covering his face. I'm sure he heard me talking and came to the room. 

''Not only trying to ruin our marriage but my company as well?'' He questioned as I walked my way towards him wanting to leave the room. 

''I was just trying to help'' I muttered. Walking my way past him trying to ignore his presence I could his eyes follow me making me uncomfortable. His hand reached for me a firm grip clasped around my wrist. I didn't look at him and once noticed I didn't he pulled me towards him turning my body as well. 

''Stop meddling with my business'' He spoke in a serious tone almost sounding like a warning. Is that what I get for helping him out? How do people expect me to act like a sweet wife to a person like this, but then again I just keep telling myself that he is just having a hard time because of the situation with his dad......

'''Like I said....I was just trying to help'' I replied speaking calm and slowly trying to control my temper before pulling my hand back to myself. 

''I guess you're feeling better already'' I spoke as I walked my way entering the hallway hearing him follow behind me. He didn't reply to my comment yet followed my quietly all the way back to the bedroom as I picked up some stuff along with my bag.

''Are you leaving?'' He finally spoke up asking from behind me. I didn't reply with words but just gave a simple nod to answer him back while I grabbed my keys putting them in my bag as well.

''Where are you going?'' He asked. I turned to him with a smile ready to answer with a reply he threw at me not too long ago. 

''How about you mind your own business'' I spoke once again walking past him. I could tell by his facial expression that he wasn't having it and of course, once again he stopped me. Only this time his hand gently rested on my waist pushing me back towards him. His chest collided with my back while I felt his breath tickling my ear. 

''Okay, I'm sorry...I shouldn't have said that. You were only trying to help me out.....'' He spoke softly. I didn't say anything and silence fell. A huge sigh came from Jungkook his lips before he placed his forehead on my shoulder catching me off guard.

''Please stay....I don't want to be alone'' he confessed making my eyes widen. This is really Jungkook, right? I moved away from him causing Jungkook to release his grip on me. Turning around to face him I could see a sad expression on his face. He really did mean what he said. I know this feeling.....at moments like these when you're alone, you're going to drown yourself in your own thoughts...

When my grandma got hospitalized I just wouldn't stop filling my brain with negative thoughts. Being alone all the time at a sudden point I felt like life itself was being sucked out of me. At some point, I was even blaming myself for things. I'm sure Jungkook will do that too right? We are human after all...

''You should change....before you get even sicker'' I spoke softly not even replying to what he said. Why? Because I don't know what to stay. We both know that from all the people he knows I'm the last one he wants to stay with...

''Right'' he muttered softly before I left the room.

-------------------------------------------------

It's been 10 minutes since I left the room, so I'm sure he should be done by now right? I knocked on the door before slowly opening seeing Jungkook buttoning up the last part of his blouse. His eyes fell on me a bit confused by the fact that I entered. Yeah, I'm sure he thought I left already. 

''You're not gone ye-''

''Come on let's go'' I interrupted him as I quickly swung one of my scars around his neck.

-END Y/N's POV-

---------------------------------------------

- Jungkook's POV-

A small smile grew on my face seeing his face. The situation he is in wasn't pleasant to see, but just knowing that he is still here with me....gives me strength.

''Hey, dad.....'' I spoke softly. Leaning forward I reached for his hand grabbing it in mine. His hand felt so cold...almost as if touching a corpse. 

''Well, I finally took over our family's company..although both of us weren't planning on it to happen so sudden....'' Hearing no reply I sighed to myself hanging my head low. 

''You know....it's really hard. It's so stressful and so much work, but at the same time, I do enjoy it....Honestly, I don't know how you manage to do this every day and still had so much time on your hands to spend it with mom and me, While all I have are restless nights.'' I could feel small tears dripping down my nose and cheeks. It's a good thing that Y/N decided to step out of the room for a bit to give me some alone time, letting her see this pathetic side of me will only make me more embarrassed. 

''That's right....You always told me that no matter how hard your days are just getting home and seeing your wife and your son was giving you the strength you need.....but you know...mom is a mess. When I see her I just feel like I failed as a son. He tries to smile but she ends up crying nor does she eat or sleep properly.'' At this point, I could feel myself starting to break down with burdens. 

''And my wife.....well she doesn't really like me. I'm sorry dad....I lied to you. Y/N and I....we don't love each other, both us got married to satisfy our parents. I wanted to make you and mom happy...I wanted to be a good son to both of you.'' I gripped his hand tighter hoping for some movement or a miracle of him waking up. 

''I want to get strength too...but....but It's hard. With you not being here I feel alone. You always know what to say or do...you always helped me out. I can't do this without you...so you have to promise me to wake up okay?'' I wiped my tears trying to clear my vision as I looked at him. 

''Okay, dad?'' I asked again only to be greeted with silence. My heart sank for a bit feeling a hand rest on my shoulder. Slightly looking over my shoulder I could see Y/N standing there and I was ready to bury myself. This is just great. I let go of my father's hand quickly drying all the remaining tears.

''How long were you standing there?'' I asked after clearing my throat feeling embarrassed. 

''Does it matter?'' She answered. Looking at her I noticed her eyes were teary. Without even having any control over myself my hand reached for her face but she stepped away moving her face away from my hand. We didn't speak to each other but I could see that she was thinking about something. She sighed catching my attention before facing me again.

''Okay...I have decided....I'll do it'' She breathed out for some reason looking nervous. I furrowed my brows not knowing what she meant.

''Do wha-''

''Be the wife you want me to be. I'll help you out with the company, take care of you, do what you want me to do. I'll be the wife you wanted me to be from the beginning of our marriage. No complaints, no missed calls, bad-mouthing, nothing. I will stop with all that, BUT........after your father wakes up we will sit down with both of your parents coming clean about our actual feelings....and get a divorce. Do we have a deal?'' Her hand reached out for a shake but I just stood stunned progressing what happened. She really just said that? Why?

''Why?'' I asked seeing her eyes slowly looking away.

'''Deal or not?'' She spoke a bit annoyed and that moment I shook her hand. We have a deal.....

-TBC-