Chapter 19

- Y/N's POV-

The three of us just stood in silence looking at Mr.Jeon after hearing the results from the doctor.....A coma they said. He is in a coma...please tell me that this is just a joke. This can't be real. We asked the doctor how long it would be but they made clear that it was something they didn't know as well. All we could do right now is just hope for the best and pray. Next to me I could hear Mrs. Jeon softly starting to sob again as I just finished drying my own tears.

''Mom don't cry. He is going to be fine okay'' Jungkook spoke as he grabbed his mother his shoulders pushing her into his embrace. 

''Dad is going to be fine. He is going to wake up....I'm sure of it'' he whispered to her as his hands stroked her hair as comfort. The three of us stayed a bit longer before taking our leave heading home to Jungkook his parents their house. Luckily Mr.Jeon his secretary the one who was driving the car got away with some minor injuries. After some check ups at the hospital, we have sent him home till his full recovery. 

----------------------------------

''I'm going to my room to rest'' Mrs.Jeon spoke softly the moment we arrived at the house. Seeing her like that just broke my heart. She is always so lively and cheerful, but seeing her so broken like this...is just something that even makes me sad. But I don't blame her...having your husband who you love so dearly be in such a life-threatening situation like this. It just makes you scared of losing that person forever...It makes us all scared. 

Jungkook made his way to the kitchen with me silently following behind him. 

''Jungkoo-''

''I'm glad that you answered your phone when I called you'' he spoke as he poured himself some water. I felt my heart sting hearing him say that. I was a fool for acting that childish. I totally agree.

''Oh wait....you didn't it was when my mother called you'' he added clearly sounding hurt and annoyed by my actions.

''I know....and I'm sorry I shouldn't have acted so childish'' I admitted and as I confessed my wrongdoings I noticed him stopping all his actions. I guess he didn't see that coming. 

''Jungkook I truly am sorry....I should have just picked up the phone'' As I kept apologizing for my mistakes my eyes stayed focused on the floor with my head hanging low. I feel so ashamed. 

''It doesn't matter anymore'' He muttered softly as I heard him opening the fridge again. He walked past me probably heading upstairs but my hand reached for his arm stopping him. 

''What's going to happen now....with the company?'' I asked carefully. The state Mr.Jeon is in right now means that there is no one in charge of the company right now. 

''Isn't that obvious. I'll be taking my father's place'' He spoke before pulling his arm free and heading upstairs. Being alone right now I made my way to the couch plopping down it. Looking at my phone I noticed that I had a missed call from Chanhee. I'm sure she is wondering what's going on....I should inform her. 

------------------------------------------

''That's horrible.....'' I heard her softly mutter from the other side of the phone being in complete shock. 

''I just feel so bad about not picking up the phone.......why am I being so childish'' I spoke slightly rubbing my forehead. This feeling just wouldn't go away.

''Don't blame yourself too much. You didn't know.....but I think right now Y/N you have to put your feelings and thoughts about the marriage of Jungkook and you aside. I know that it's still something important. But right now......they need your support. Especially his mother since both of you have a good bond together. And although it doesn't seem like it.....I think Jungkook could use support as well. He is being strong for his mother the best he can and has to be in charge of the company right now....all of that is a heavy burden.....'' I nodded my head understanding what Chanhee was trying to say. She is completely right. 

''You're right...'' I admitted. We continued talking some more until night fell and it was time to sleep. I stayed on the couch laying down as I looked at the ceiling and my thoughts just kept me awake. 

''I have to be a good wife....'' I muttered to myself. Never knew I would say this but....It's time I start trying to act like an actual wife.

--------------------------------------

Feeling a sudden comfort of warmth around my body made me slightly open my eyes. My vision was still blurry and small all I could see was Jungkook his figure walking away from me. 

The next morning when I woke up it appeared Jungkook had already left early to head to the company. I informed my boss about the situation and kindly enough he let me stay home for the day so I could look after Mrs.Jeon.

- 2 days later- 

Looking at my watch I checked the time before taking a deep breath. Currently it's 7pm and Jungkook was in his father's office working. Or should I say his office? The company was already informed about Mr.Jeon his state and for the time being Jungkook was the new CEO. These past 2 days he hasn't been going home but instead to his parents house. I haven't seem him ever since the day of the accident. Chanhee told me that perhaps I should bring him some food since he works long shifts. This is the first time that I actually made something for Jungkook.

I knocked on the office door hearing a faint "come in"

Once I opened the door I felt nervous seeing Jungkook seated in his chair. The oak desk infront of him scattered and stacked with papers. His blazer laying on the couch in the office while his tie was hanging loosely around his neck. I'm sure he is super stressed about all the work.

"Hey" I greeted awkwardly earning a glance from him. He gave me a cold stare before looking back at his work.

Yup he absolutely hates me.

"What do you want?" he asked as he turned the pages. I held up the box I brought filled with food although he wasn't looking at me at all.

"I brought you some food.... In case you're hungry" I explained. He didn't even nod or once again look totally ignoring my presence.

"You can put it on the table" he spoke and my eyes fell on the coffee table in the office. I felt my hands itching as I tried to surpass my irritation.

Be a good wife

I told myself as I faked a smile placing the box gently down.

"Guess I'll be going again" I spoke before making my way straight to the door leaving his office without hearing him say something.

On my way out I stumbled into Jungkook his friend. We talked for some time about the situation and how things have been before saying our goodbyes.

-END Y/N's POV-

---------------------------------

- Jungkooks POV-

As I tried to focus on my work my office door suddenly slammed open seeing Chanwoo enter.

"Look who I ran into just now. Your wife.... And guess what" he spoke while I rolled my eyes before focusing back on my work. He is going to nag at me for sure.

"What?" I asked unamused.

"She actually tried to do something nice for you but you act like a total jerk. I thought you wanted her to act like a proper wife and now when she does she completely ignore her" he nagged and at that moment I had my fill. I placed my pen down irritation getting the best of me.

"I have more important things on my mind right now then Y/N bringing me food to act like a good wife all of a sudden okay!" I slightly shouted. Seeing Chanwoo looking at me shocked I realized that I shouted for no reason.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scre-"

"You and your mom are having a hard time. Especially now that you have to take your dad's role it's obvious that you have a lot on your mind Jungkook. I'm sure it's hard. And perhaps that's why Y/N just wants to lend some support in anyway she can. But having you act like you don't care it.... Hurts her as well. I'm sure of it. And who knows maybe this is time for the both of you to truly bond and get to know each other better. Work on your relationship" Chanwoo explained calmly. I sighed as I hang my head low. He is right. I shouldn't keep on being mad at her for not answering my call......

-TBC-