Prologue ♡

WARNING: Mild swearing, corny jokes, idiotic behaviour. Let me just apologise for how annoyingly cliché this book REALLY SO VERY MUCH is. Before you start reading, you might wanna reconsider! Read 'Wren' instead, I recommend that more than this book! If you want to read this one though, just be very mindful of how gay it is. Other than that, enjoy all my works! x

-1DNationBby

~

Prologue

Alyssa's POV *

Not going to lie, I enjoy life sometimes. The gift it shoves back down my throat would be the negativity. My connections between positive and negative fall straight down to the bullsh•t. Bullsh•t- is the definition of my life. It's just a matter of how you balance the complex of every obstacle, and some day you just fall. Fall so damn hard- you end up in this situation.

There are some people who make me even happy. Got the lovely best friends by your side- Sarah, Rachel, Katelyn, and none other than Camila. They've seen me through it all. Seen me fall, seen me break, and watch how I carry myself. They're the ones who have seen me at my weakest, or at my strongest and I can spare my life for them. They are the shoulders I sob on countless times; the energy I cave in when I don't have my own strengths; and the first ones I come running to when somebody pulls at my hair, or heartstrings.

They have been there with me by my side when One Direction have formed. I wouldn't exactly define them as One Direction- they were simply my best friends from middle school. That reasoning is because of best friend of them all- Harry Styles.

Harry was indeed the best friend of them all since childhood. The facts stated simply revolve around him as well, and I can't thank him enough. He and the boys have made my life a living hell- where I would dig myself back up from six feet under and find my way to heaven. It's confusing, but I don't know the different perspectives. They were my cause of why I'm in this hell hole.

I'm not blaming them though, really. I thank them for making things a sh•t load easier and why I'm here in the first place. You see, people change.

I've changed. They changed me, not intentionally. I was that innocent girl that passes you in the hallway with her head down low, always working. Give me a glance, I'd shrug it off. I didn't care what people thought at all.

Once my innocence was taken away, it was taken away by the face of something that wasn't reality. I live in this fairytale- where people worry about what you are wearing, or what you think of them. I became popular; popular in using Harry's fame while I stand next to him. Girls around me considered me cool back at school by then, and have accepted me. All has failed; there was no going back. I was officially popular.

But being popular is about people liking you for simply being you. Did I have that kind? If you thought so, you were wrong.

People hated me. They envied me, they wanted to be me. They wanted the life I had- but did I know that? Possibly.

Every girl on campus, except for my best friends, have envied me for my teenage life. Yet, it's funny because they wanted me to like them.

It's like the ability to hang out with somebody cool and popular, and it makes you feel like you're important all of a sudden. I was on the end of that rope, where everybody hated that they loved me and wanted me to like them.

It's in fact, hell on the popular's point of view.

You may feel loved, and like everybody loves you but that's where you got it wrong. That's where I got it wrong. I thought I was wanted by many- still am.

But the sad, cold, hard truth was sitting in front of me the whole time.

Being Harry Styles, or One Direction's friend was my new apparent name. Better yet, I was accepted into the fandom. I'm still the lost puppy, when all along I thought I was the princess that knew everything with the perfect tiara over her head.