Chapter 12 ❥ Two pieces

Alyssa's POV * Next Day

   "Alyssa I'm home!" My mom blared in a sing-song tone, though I sat in the living room watching some re-runs of Friends. Lately on weekdays I've been hooked on it though it was all completely over.

   "Hey Mommy. " I looked over my shoulder as she sprawled herself at the other end of the couch. She looked so exhausted due to the funny position she carelessly brought. "Ew, you look tired."

   "I'm gonna take a nap of a lifetime. You planning on going out today? Because if you are, you're gonna have to walk to the grocery store for me."

   "What do you need?" I sigh.

   "Lemme check." She dragged her lifeless body and walked over to the refrigerator over the isolation of my island. "Eggs… water…" Her indistinct voice became more audible as she continued over to the pantries as I mentally made notes in my head on what else she inquired. "What do you plan on eating for lunch?"

   "I want tacos, my dearest mother." I arch my back at the sudden proper state I've pulled myself into and fold my intertwined fingers under my chin.

   "Got money?" She cocks an eyebrow in amusement.

   "You know damn well my job interview hasn't even came yet." I shrug, filing my nails in an instant while our conversation carries on. 

   "I was only kidding, don't get attitude now."

   "You always put up with me, oh– how do you do it."

   I crept up the stairs as she trailed away into her own bedroom, and soon enough the house fell into a muted silence. The only sounds of the television echoing, keeping the place occupied and a leaky faucet that reverberated.

+

   As soon as I woke up, the house was more silent. My mom still managed a subtle nap while I raced down the stairs to shut the television off. It's normal for this house to be quiet, considering how huge and roomy it is when there's only 2 people living here. This house was big enough for 10 people to live in. You can drag a whole circus in her, and there'd not be a single ounce of agonizing complaints. Maybe some day we'll let a couple of my friends that I make live with me.

   I got up and put navy blue sweats that read 'Warrior' down the side. I wore my lovable Uggs that were incredibly comfortable for winter and a large gray hood that matched the white font of my sweats. Recently Harry left his beanie that was awfully cute on him. I think I look better in it to be honest. I decided to steal it for the day and headed off out into the cold.

   "Sh•t." I cussed under my breath. The breeze was running through the hood so I clutched my body and checked around my pockets to see if I was still carrying the money. "Aw crap." 

   I looked around to see if it fell somewhere near because I hardly walked 3 feet away from my doorstep. My eyes landed on the sidewalk and I spotted the  £45.00. I went running to it before the small wind went blowing it away. As soon as I picked it up, I stopped dead in my tracks when I looked over the gates of my home. I saw the one person that I did not wanna see ever in my entire living life and ruined it half the time I even moved here. The longer I looked at him, the more disgusted I looked.

   Over the gates I see the dark hair and dagger eyes standing there, those eyes staring into me. Why was he smiling? Did he need anymore slapping to the face? I thought.